GDT: LA @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/12/2015

WildCard

It isn't freaking subjective anymore. We have a ###### highspeed camera that we can use to verify every play... like we just say. If offsides can be challenged then the blue line needs to extend into the air. They already do that on clears anyways so I completely disagree with this and flat out think you are wrong.

This is a good point, re: blue line extending into the air for clears, in regards to the puck being out or not.

I disagree. The offsides is solely Giontas fault. The other 3 sabres had no problem staying on side, Gionta needs to drag that skate...he just knows he's too slow for Jack and was cheating at the line to keep up.

You mean Eichel who had the puck, McCabe who was 6 feet behind to start, and Kane who they were about to accuse?

The rule is crap.

I'm not mad at Eichel for trying to make a play.

I'm pointing out that some people continue to pile on easy targets.

I simply don't understand the desire to apply so much scrutiny to a part of the game that has pretty much always been about things being "close enough". Was he onsides? Eh, close enough.

This isn't the damn Kentucky Derby.

That goal should have been a goal because microanalysis of offsides is stupid.

You mean Eichel who had the puck, McCabe who was 6 feet behind to start, and Kane who they were about to accuse?

The rule is crap.

I'm not mad at Eichel for trying to make a play.

I'm pointing out that some people continue to pile on easy targets.

As one of those people who told Gionta to drag his skate, like every coach has since he was in peewee, I'll point out that we all complimented the game has had aside from that play tonight.

I simply don't understand the desire to apply so much scrutiny to a part of the game that has pretty much always been about things being "close enough". Was he onsides? Eh, close enough.

This about sums it up for me

And every night on the NHL network you see 10 + highlights where a player drags his skate to stay onside. Everyone knows how it works except Gionta and you.

With 8 seconds left?

I see 1000 huddles every week in the NFL, but when my team does it down by 8 at their own 25 with 90 seconds left. ...I'm going to call out the coaches and qb for being morons.....

Exactly. If the challenge rule does have a place, it sure as hell isn't for offsides

I get challenges for things going on around the net.  Interference in the crease, puck crossing the line, goal through netting, kicks, use of hands, stuff like that.  Plays that occur away from the net seem........ nitpicky for a league short on offense.

Edited by We've

I get challenges for things going on around the net.  Interference in the crease, puck crossing the line, goal through netting, kicks, use of hands, stuff like that.  Plays that occur away from the net seem........ nitpicky for a league short on offense.

Calls were missed in the playoffs. Follow the trail of what teams got screwed and you'll have your answer as to why we continue to suffer this abomination.

Meanwhile, in my best John Candy voice, "Originally hand crafted for the Grand Wizard of China, Ennis and Gionta are filled with helium, so they're very light."

I get challenges for things going on around the net. Interference in the crease, puck crossing the line, goal through netting, kicks, use of hands, stuff like that. Plays that occur away from the net seem........ nitpicky for a league short on offense.

My feelings exactly.

Why are we letting coaches challenge offsides but not a high stick?

So silly. So NHL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.