GDT: Arizona @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/4/2015

WildCard

Done.

I don't think this is the choice dichotomy. More often than not it strikes me as a panic play.

Right, but there are a lot of times when we do, in fact, turn it over just short of the blue line.  If you're not sure, get it out.  Make the other team re-enter the zone at least.

And yeah, if it's a panic play, get the puck out.

Last year they got hemmed into their zone because they sucked.  This year when it happens it's because they did one more pass.

Edited by The Big Johnson

drinking-smiley09.gif

That was one of the better all-around wins all year. Their toughness was challenged in the 2nd and they didn't back down. That's one thing that hasn't been tested much this year.

Actually it was interesting to see the Tampa brawl game from last year from the other side.  I know we didn't get into a big brawl tonight, but just to see what it looks like when a team has nothing working and tries to pick a fight.  I'd love to see Scott and DLo get into it, but tonight was a night for composure from our guys.  They did well.

Done.

Right, but there are a lot of times when we do, in fact, turn it over just short of the blue line.  If you're not sure, get it out.  Make the other team re-enter the zone at least.

And yeah, if it's a panic play, get the puck out.

I'm with TBJ on this one. Flip the puck out if you're stuck, make them re-enter and hopefully get the puck back. And if it's a short line change that period, you can probably swap some players

I see it happen all the time when there's a clear lane to skate or a pass to be made, as an unnecessary desperation play because the player doesn't take the time to read the positioning. I think it's better to maintain possession in your own zone than give it up in the neutral zone (and I'm pretty sure I've read research on this, but I'm too lazy to go find it at this point in time). If I had an analytics department working for me I'd quantify how often each player made unforced "give up" zone exits.

Actually it was interesting to see the Tampa brawl game from last year from the other side.  I know we didn't get into a big brawl tonight, but just to see what it looks like when a team has nothing working and tries to pick a fight.  I'd love to see Scott and DLo get into it, but tonight was a night for composure from our guys.  They did well.

Agreed, the composure was impressive...... all while not letting themselves get pushed around.

I see it happen all the time when there's a clear lane to skate or a pass to be made, as an unnecessary desperation play because the player doesn't take the time to read the positioning. I think it's better to maintain possession in your own zone than give it up in the neutral zone (and I'm pretty sure I've read research on this, but I'm too lazy to go find it at this point in time). If I had an analytics department working for me I'd quantify how often each player made unforced "give up" zone exits.

And I see opportunities that look clear and then the forechecker sticks out a stick and it's back in our corner..... and the shift goes on.

Rex's spiritual and menu adviser would have been selling him on the latest diet plan and Rex would have missed the opportunity to challenge.

That's the only thing I am scared about with Bylsma. He is so prim and proper that I can just envision him weighing out 4 ounces of skinless chicken breast on a postal scale and neatly trimming 8 broccoli spears to steam for dinner.

I want more Disco. I need him to be watching video of a future opponent at 2 am in a Clash Tshirt from 1982 and a plastic 12 pack ring of what used to be Genny Cream Ale draped over his belly as he clumsily asks Siri for the phone number to Yings so he can get a triple order of wings, hot and extra crispy...

That's the only thing I am scared about with Bylsma. He is so prim and proper that I can just envision him weighing out 4 ounces of skinless chicken breast on a postal scale and neatly trimming 8 broccoli spears to steam for dinner.

I want more Disco. I need him to be watching video of a future opponent at 2 am in a Clash Tshirt from 1982 and a plastic 12 pack ring of what used to be Genny Cream Ale draped over his belly as he clumsily asks Siri for the phone number to Yings so he can get a triple order of wings, hot and extra crispy...

I love this stuff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.