Charts (2015-16 Edition)

carpandean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Said on the Twitter that the East is apt to have wildcard teams make the playoffs with 89 points.

Also said something like how that'd mean the Sabres would need to go 20-9-7 to hit 89. Seems all but impossible. Even so, that is arguably like going 20-16.

Which is what was so frustrating about the Isles-Panthers section of the losing streak - 3 very winnable games. Realizing 3 wins wouldn't have been likely, but for kicks; making them all W's & then 18-12-6 gives them 90. Not even needing to go 0.600 to get there.

Maybe, but this is what it looked like two years ago at this time of year:

attachicon.gifPoints-20140109-EC.jpg

Detroit and Columbus got in with 93 that year (Flyers had 94), while Washington missed with 90.

That seems about normal?

I dunno. The new system remains a bit of mystery to me, given that the Sabres haven't been anywhere near qualifying since it was adopted.

That seems about normal?

I dunno. The new system remains a bit of mystery to me, given that the Sabres haven't been anywhere near qualifying since it was adopted.

Yes, both the final number to get in and the fact that several teams were below that pace halfway in are pretty normal.  Last year was a bit of a fluke.  My point was that there were more teams off of the 93-point pace (all bunched together) that year than this year, so this year really isn't anything unusual.  It will likely take 93 points (give-or-take) to get in again.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.