GDT: Buffalo @ Tampa Bay, 7pm edt, 10/17/2015

WildCard

Entertaining game. These games will start turning into wins eventually.

We should absolutely slaughter the Leafs Wednesday. Losing to the Bolts but playing like that doesn't bother me. We've had very tough opponents to start, playing the ECF champs twice isn't exactly an easy way to start the season. But if we don't win Wednesday, building season or not I'm going to be pissed 

I can live with losses like this, compared to last year this is a 200 % improvement.

this

I can't live with losses decided by subpar officiating when they completely forgot about interference penalties until there was 5 minutes left.

Tampa didn't deserve to win this game.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Team hung in there with a top NHL team.  Too bad they could not get a point.  Pleasure watching real hockey again.  I hope that we can take this as the moral victory it is.  The record is not very good, but I expect this team to go on a win streak at some point.

This team is so much better than last year........ the scoring has to get better at some point, right?

The goals will come. The chances are there, we looked really good tonight offensively. The pk is terrible, and the pp could do some work, but our 5-5 looked amazing considering who we were playing. 

I'm accepting the reality that we are probably picking top 10 in the draft again....

What? We just played a SC final team and with the exception of a slight blunder by McCabe and an unlucky ugly scramble in front we were the better team.

The neutral zone play this game was some of the best that I've seen from this team in YEARS. Creating turnovers, playing physical and generally making it a nuisance for TB to break out.

Sam Reinhart finally getting on the board. All the lines were clicking. How you can come away from that game with anything but hope baffles me. 

I think we outplayed Tampa tonight, and that has me thrilled. These games are going to turn into wins very soon. Leafs, Habs, Devils, Flyers coming up. we're going to get some wins.

I think Gionta is a giant anchor on a line that already has a mismatched pairing with Kane and Eichel. 

Right now I hate the Lightning like I hate the Leafs and Bruins when they beat us. 

And if I see one more power play with Eichel on the ice that has Gionta, Moulson, or McGinn bringing the puck into the zone themselves, and then turning it over, I'm gonna freak out.

I think we outplayed Tampa tonight, and that has me thrilled. These games are going to turn into wins very soon. Leafs, Habs, Devils, Flyers coming up. we're going to get some wins.

I think Gionta is a giant anchor on a line that already has a mismatched pairing with Kane and Eichel. 

Right now I hate the Lightning like I hate the Leafs and Bruins when they beat us. 

And if I see one more power play with Eichel on the ice that has Gionta, Moulson, or McGinn bringing the puck into the zone themselves, and then turning it over, I'm gonna freak out.

Couldn't agree more. 

We have very winnable games coming up.

Gionta needs to off back to the 3rd line where he belongs

I have yet to see a zone entry by Eichel that has failed, give the dude the puck

The goals will come. The chances are there, we looked really good tonight offensively. The pk is terrible, and the pp could do some work, but our 5-5 looked amazing considering who we were playing.

pk is where Johnson's mediocrity hurts us, not that he's letting us down, just that he won't give us the big save and his rebound control issues will bite us more often.

pk is where Johnson's mediocrity hurts us, not that he's letting us down, just that he won't give us the big save and his rebound control issues will bite us more often.

I disagree. Johnson isn't anything spectacular, but he's played pretty well. I have yet to see a goal where I knew it was all his fault. The pk issue is not winning face-offs, and when we do get the puck, failing to get it out

I disagree. Johnson isn't anything spectacular, but he's played pretty well. I have yet to see a goal where I knew it was all his fault. The pk issue is not winning face-offs, and when we do get the puck, failing to get it out

I didn't say it was his fault. The best PKs have intimidating goalies who swallow up rebounds when the team fails to win face offs and get it out. That ain't Chad.

I didn't say it was his fault. The best PKs have intimidating goalies who swallow up rebounds when the team fails to win face offs and get it out. That ain't Chad.

True. Stopping the rebound and giving your team to get a fresh pk out there and a new draw is huge. Too many times this season it seems like our one pk unit is out there for 30-45 seconds, stuck in our zone. That's terrible

Furious at the multiple non-calls but the game was certainly entertaining. They didn't lose by anything short of a scramble and a rookie lapse. Reinhart had his coming out game, had a goal and nearly another two along with that godly pass to ROR. 

Until Gionta shakes off the rust from his injury I dont understand why he's playing on the 2nd line or on PP at the moment either.

Kane-Eichel-Foligno/Girgs worked far better.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.