Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Good lord almighty...

So Eoannou is withdrawing from the case because he is not confident in the story about how he received the evidence bag...says he doesn't know what happened but lacks confidence either way. However, he also says it was a real evidence bag used in this case, so while the story may be fabricated, the bag is not. He repeatedly said the accuser is not involved in the evidence bag and continues to believe her, but no longer feels comfortable being involved in the case.

Just when you thought this whole thing couldn't get any weirder. 

Good Lord.

Well, this squares with one of the possibilities previously identified: That this was a ruse, a hoax.

FFS, though, why wouldn't Eoannou do some additional due diligence before holding hs press conference?

Furthermore, I don't know that it's ethical for him to be casting shade on his own client's interests like this. Yes, he says he still believes her, but he's also saying a close family member of the accuser may have tried to fabricate evidence (of some kind). Not good for his client.

Good Lord.

Well, this squares with one of the possibilities previously identified: That this was a ruse, a hoax.

FFS, though, why wouldn't Eoannou do some additional due diligence before holding hs press conference?

Furthermore, I don't know that it's ethical for him to be casting shade on his own client's interests like this. Yes, he says he still believes her, but he's also saying a close family member of the accuser may have tried to fabricate evidence (of some kind). Not good for his client.

He still seems to believe the bag is legit, so I continue to be more befuddled by the passing day.

He still seems to believe the bag is legit, so I continue to be more befuddled by the passing day.

Didn't watch the presser, but maybe he meant to say the bag is the exact kind of bag (and tape) used by ECMC to seal rape kits, therefore making it legit, but is not commenting on whether it's THE bag used to the seal THE evidence from THIS case.

I'm not even involved d4rk and I'm towlie level. I can hear the beat to Funky Town in my dreams ever since this thread started

All of the hyperbole and hypothesizing at the beginning doesn't even begin to compare in insanity level to the actual events that are transpiring now. Unreal. Bewildering. I'm with you. 

Edited by d4rksabre

All of the hyperbole and hypothesizing at the beginning doesn't even begin to compare in insanity level to the actual events that are transpiring now. Unreal. Bewildering. I'm with you.

It's because the aliens are finally on their way. Finally.

Didn't watch the presser, but maybe he meant to say the bag is the exact kind of bag (and tape) used by ECMC to seal rape kits, therefore making it legit, but is not commenting on whether it's THE bag used to the seal THE evidence from THIS case.

Certainly possible. I'd like to think an attorney would be very careful with his exact phrasing in a situation like this, but him botching his own resignation might actually be the least surprising thing about the last few days. 

This whole thing is such a mess I don't know how anyone could hope to get an impartial jury even if the grand jury decides to indict. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Well, let's organize the events of the past week or so:

Grand Jury is delayed for unknown reasons.

A leak says Kane's DNA not found in vital/critical areas of accuser - although other males' DNA was.

Allegation that the evidence bag (but not the evidence) was found at accuser's mother's home.

Kane's lawyer confirms above stated leak (re: DNA); accuser's lawyer does not dispute it.

Accuser's lawyer holds press conference to declare he has quit the case because he is uncomfortable with information coming from the accuser's side.

I can see nothing that works against Kane here.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

As best I can tell: The bag itself was associated with the accuser, but it likely never have ever contained the rape kit. It probably didn't. It may have contained her clothes, maybe?

Eoannou is adamant that the accuser didn't lie to him. Pretty clearly saying the Mom did.

Possible that accuser lives with her Mom, and had this bad in her possession all along?

Sheesh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.