Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

If so, that is a solid pickup.  Among the goalies on the trade market(Talbot, Lehner, Lack, etc...), I like Anderson the best.  If they can find a couple guys to play defense, they should be much improved.

On Talbot:  As far as I'm concerned, the market price on a steady backup with one year left on his deal is fixed.  It's an early second-round pick.  That's what the Sabs got for Biron.  If they give up 31 for Talbot, fine.  No more.

If you talk about who is the best goalie to help you win next year, there is no doubt it's Anderson.

Only proven number one on the market.

Oilers add him, Mcdavid and a couple solid D and McLellan can get them into the playoffs.

Friedman: Hearing tonight that one of the teams interested in acquiring Kevin Bieksa is San Jose.

Don't know how far along it is...but Sharks appear to be very interested in Bieksa.

Edited by Hoss

On Talbot:  As far as I'm concerned, the market price on a steady backup with one year left on his deal is fixed.  It's an early second-round pick.  That's what the Sabs got for Biron.  If they give up 31 for Talbot, fine.  No more.

Biron had almost 250 NHL games under his belt when the Sabres traded him.  Talbot...57 games.

The ROR thread has pages of discussion and breakdown.  

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23375-the-ryan-oreilly-super-thread-2015/?p=693269

I've followed the thread and none of it said to me he was poor or even anything less than above average defensively. In fact, I'd go as far to say that his stats, though appearing less than stellar, show how good he is defensively. Colorado has been awful on defense since at least 2013, and the fact that he's more or less scratch, is impressive. Zemgus, who is supposed to be our two-way guy, has terrible corsi and fenwick, yet he isn't labeled as poor on defense. 

As far as FO is concerned, if you take out his age 18 season, his % goes up nearly an entire point. This last season he had a career high in winning percentage while also starting more shifts in his own zone than any other season so far. 53.5 FO% while short handed, 56% on the powerplay.

Taking stats at face value can be useful, but I think you're trying to make an argument that shouldn't be made. As it was said earlier, he finished 12th in Selke. He'd instantly be our #1 penalty killer, top PP center, and best two way forward. 

I've followed the thread and none of it said to me he was poor or even anything less than above average defensively. In fact, I'd go as far to say that his stats, though appearing less than stellar, show how good he is defensively. Colorado has been awful on defense since at least 2013, and the fact that he's more or less scratch, is impressive. Zemgus, who is supposed to be our two-way guy, has terrible corsi and fenwick, yet he isn't labeled as poor on defense. 

As far as FO is concerned, if you take out his age 18 season, his % goes up nearly an entire point. This last season he had a career high in winning percentage while also starting more shifts in his own zone than any other season so far. 53.5 FO% while short handed, 56% on the powerplay.

Taking stats at face value can be useful, but I think you're trying to make an argument that shouldn't be made. As it was said earlier, he finished 12th in Selke. He'd instantly be our #1 penalty killer, top PP center, and best two way forward. 

I said average, not poor. As for Zemgus' corsi the Sabres were statistically so much worse than the next closest team it isn't even funny.  

Finishing 12th in Selke voting means nothing.  He would be a top pk player but the top PP center is false. ROR spends almost no time on the PP.  I will aid your side here though and add that ROR at 5v5 is quite good and probably his real strength.  

I am not making a false argument, I making no argument at all other than I think Zemgus can effectively play a ROR style and be just as good if not better.

I feel weird because I like ROR, I honestly do.  I just don't like him for a ton of things in a trade, plus paying him like a top 15 player in the league.

Edited by LGR4GM

Oh ###### that then, I'll say #51 for him or just draft a guy and sign a UFA

I share the same opinion. #51 is a fair trade. There is no reason to waste a "third" first round pick on Talbot. 57 games is not a lot to look at. 

Huh?

I will rephrase then.  ROR is not a top PP center because he doesn't produce on the PP.  He averages 25 shots on the PP per year.  Nathan MacKinnon averages 40.  So again I am not sure you want ROR as your go to PP guy.  There is just something missing there.  

You know what it. I am honestly sick and tired of having the exact same arguments about ROR. Trade for him, sign him, don't, idc anymore.  

I will rephrase then.  ROR is not a top PP center because he doesn't produce on the PP.  He averages 25 shots on the PP per year.  Nathan MacKinnon averages 40.  So again I am not sure you want ROR as your go to PP guy.  There is just something missing there.  

You know what ###### it. I am honestly sick and tired of having the exact same arguments about ROR. Trade for him, sign him, don't, idc anymore.  

You make an inaccurate statement, I call you on it, and you have a meltdown.  You are a piece of work.     :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

You make an inaccurate statement, I call you on it, and you have a meltdown.  You are a piece of work.     :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

You are mistaken. I am not having a meltdown so laugh all you want. I am merely tired of having a revolving discussion in which we debate the same exacts stats repeatedly.  It is called an impasse. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.