Welcome to this Team Storm Cloud Emergency Meeting.  I'd like to thank you all for taking time out of your busy schedules, on such short notice.   The first point of order is to create a meeting agenda.  I ask you please to state your name, your affilliation with the Team, and to state the item or items that you would like added to the agenda.  

My name is Yuri Olesha.  I became a member of Team Storm Cloud in late 2012.  I had previously led a breakaway faction of the Sunshine and Kittens called the Unicorns and Rainbows.  When no one joined my party, I became disillusioned, fed up with the Status Quo, and went through some trying personal times.  This is what led me to Team Storm Cloud.  My expertise lay in Anti-Pegula Propaganda (APP).  As part of the team, I was finally able to change the Status Quo.  It started with Lindy and snowballed from there.

The item that I would like to see on the agenda is, perpetual revolution vs. provisional government:  should we have the pieces already in place to seize power  when the next revolution occurs?

...Cappucinno, DelMonico, Empenada, Fettucinni...

Just what are your credentials, PASabreFan, to be asking a card carrying member of the Team to authenticate in front of everyone?  

I was being water boarded by chz in SDS' gulag when TSC was formed in my honor. I have every right, as the father of this movement.

Where, sir, is your tilde over the "n" in empeñada, friend?

While I'm pretty sure the term Team Storm Cloud was already in place, I take great pride knowing I named the opposition. Sunshine and Kittens germinated in a thread started by Dave Dryden telling us all to stop complaining and be happy with out the Status Quo.

EDIT; I meant to say "the" not "out". Sorry, beer tastes tasty.

Edited by SwampD

I was being water boarded by chz in SDS' gulag when TSC was formed in my honor. I have every right, as the father of this movement.

Where, sir, is your tilde over the "n" in empeñada, friend?

So you're The Historian?!

My apologies sir.  Somehow I thought you would be smoking a pipe.  The floor is yours.

While I'm pretty sure the term Team Storm Cloud was already in place, I take great pride knowing I named the opposition. Sunshine and Kittens germinated in a thread started by Dave Dryden telling us all to stop complaining and be happy with out Status Quo.

Who invited this guy?

So you're The Historian?!

My apologies sir.  Somehow I thought you would be smoking a pipe.  The floor is yours.

Who invited this guy?

"This guy" is the voice of the underground. He sang our anthem — an anthem filled with many subversive messages when played backwards.

"This guy" is the voice of the underground. He sang our anthem — an anthem filled with many subversive messages when played backwards.

What, like some sort of composer?  An artiste?  He looks soft to me.

While I'm pretty sure the term Team Storm Cloud was already in place, I take great pride knowing I named the opposition. Sunshine and Kittens germinated in a thread started by Dave Dryden telling us all to stop complaining and be happy with out Status Quo.

Have you ever committed a ban-able offense in the name of revolution,  Mr. Amadeus?

What, like some sort of composer?  An artiste?  He looks soft to me.

Have you ever committed a ban-able offense in the name of revolution,  Mr. Amadeus?

I can do more damage from within the system.

(I went back and edited my original post. It's subtle but i think it means something different)

Items on the agenda:

1. Perpetual revolution vs. provisional government
  2. The legitimacy of PA's claim as the "Father of this Movement"
  3. What do we do if this tank fiasco works? 

Feel free to add to the list.  Remember to please state your affiliation.

I can do more damage from within the system.

(I went back and edited my original post. It's subtle but i think it means something different)

I hate to cast suspicion, but we've had some issues with security in this bunker.  It appears you have friends in high places.   I'm just doing my job.  Everything checks out.  My apologies, sir.

Items on the agenda:

1. Perpetual revolution vs. provisional government
  2. The legitimacy of PA's claim as the "Father of this Movement"
  3. What do we do if this tank fiasco works? 

Feel free to add to the list.  Remember to please state your affiliation.

I hate to cast suspicion, but we've had some issues with security in this bunker.  It appears you have friends in high places.   I'm just doing my job.  Everything checks out.  My apologies, sir.

Never apologize for being good at your job.

Drane here.

Member since late 2006. Once they jobbed Dumont and let Grier walk, (McKee too but that was valid), it was a whole new ballgame. Called out Briere and Drury for being wusses by not fighting Ovi, and Briere hiding bedhind Campbell to spear him. While people celebrated the brawl against Ottawa, it showed the biggest inferiority complex this side of the Niagara. That's when I pegged Lindy. PA and DeLuca openly disliked me, Taro called me a slimeball scalper because I sold most of my tickets the rest of the year, not to make money, but because the Soccer Moms and teenie boppers who took over the arena and would chant, "Let's Go Sabres", to the organ cue...pretty much gave me the sign it was all over.

I have no affiliation with the team. and as far as I know, none of my family or close friends has one either. I have made money selling off my Sabres historic collection over the past few years, and had fun being able to give away some as well. I get more of a thrill out of the memories of seeing a 90's Nolan smirk, or a Danny Gare babyface smile, backed up with a right uppercut than anything hanging on my wall at this point. 

I don't have anything to add to the agenda. After the last few weeks of this season, I think I experienced my Sabres Fan Death Rattle. Being banned, I came to understand what a waste of time it is trying to hold a candle in the gusty alley of darkness. This week gave me a bump.....almost enough to take as a sign to keep caring.........but the A$$holes will always outnumber the good. It was always worth it because I truly felt the city was special. Then...I watched this place Crucify Mike Weber.....for actually caring about the team and winning.......the only player who ever gave a sh!t every time he stepped on the ice for the Sabres the past decade. He never turtled...he took on guys 50 lbs bigger....he tried to clear the net...he dove, blocked, hustled.....and this city was calling him out for being who he was......a 3rd pairing defenseman who gave enough a sh!t about this team and city that he would actually have his feelings hurt by getting cheered against in his own building, then got the reward of going home with a missing tooth and an icebag on his ballsack...like he does almost every night. 

I guess I am a dinosaur. I tear up over the stories of the vets and personal stories in Pappy's thread. I always go to the handshake line and try to find a genuine compliment to give to someone, even if I plastered them through the boards 20 minutes earlier. And I actually think enough about the city of Buffalo, that I figured they would gravitate to the same qualities I always tried to present, in the midst of my clowning, and not be bamboozled by the real jerkoffs out there.

My name is Ghost of Dwight Drane

I would win sports trivia contests at Buffalo Police Headquarters at 8 years old with money on the line.

I would cut out Wendt's milk cartons and use the winnings to get a pair of Upper Blues against a sh!tty team like Washington or St. Louis.

I AM.....Team Stormcloud.........

I think I'll just go take a nap on my tinfoil pillow now, for I am tired.

The motion to adjourn for a nap carries.  The ayes have it.  For those of you without hotel rooms, we do have a deal at the Hotel Lafayette, tin foil included.  

For those of you showing up late to the meeting, please provide authentication and list what items you would like to be included on the agenda here.  This meeting will commence at 10am on Sunday, June 1st.  

Team Storm Cloud without me is like the Four Horseman without Ric Flair. It's like watching Paul Roma, Chris Beniot, Dean Malenko and Mondo McMichael hold up the four fingers. I would hate to see Team Storm Cloud bastardized into a sewing circle with a bunch of old ladies bitching and moaning about everything. It was never the purpose. We rallied against the Staus Quo and are now faced with the New World Order atop the Sabres Nation we so desperately needed. We got what we wanted, to complain now will for the sole purpose of complaining which diminishes what Team Storm Cloud was all about.      

IT'S A STING!!!

EVERYBODY RUN!!!

Edit 5/31

Now that everybody's cleared out, I'm gonna make this thread my own quit smoking/sobriety thread.  Using the edit function will keep this from going to the top of the page every time that I update.  It will still be public, because with this out in the public I'll feel more accountable.  Just tossed the pack.  Today is Worldwide No Tobacco Day, by the way.

I smoked my first cigarette about 20 years ago.  I was 15.  I was riding a lift with my buddies at Holiday Valley, either Tannenbaum or Mardi Gras.  Probably Tannenbaum because there'd have been less chance of a chaperon skiing beneath and us getting caught.  It was about that time I got drunk first.  Actually, it was probably earlier, just sampling the parents liquor cabinet.   

What sort of odds do I give myself?  Maybe 10% if I'm being realistic.  I should go for a walk.  I'll check in tomorrow at the latest.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

Starting using Copenhagen snuff in college to stay awake at night to study. At age 40 after trying to quit with every over the counter remedy I went to the doctor and got a prescription for Chantix.

It took four weeks on Chantix to quit. You will get freaky dreams and your stomach will be upset and it will last for a few weeks after you stop taking the pills.

Best $100.00 I ever spent.

Good luck.

I am a double agent embedded deep in enemy territory (the Dallas area).  My identities include Neuvirths Glove and Doohickie.  The locals have me pegged as a Sabres fan, so I'm considering a new identity; all suggested will be considered.

Other than that, I am fully unqualified.

You gonna eat that?

I am a double agent embedded deep in enemy territory (the Dallas area).  My identities include Neuvirths Glove and Doohickie.  The locals have me pegged as a Sabres fan, so I'm considering a new identity; all suggested will be considered.

Other than that, I am fully unqualified.

You gonna eat that?

Brutus.

Roman Czerniawski was  a Polish pilot in WWII that became an agent for Germany and when sent to London he turned himself in to MI-5 for debriefing and became a double agent for MI-5. His MI-5 code name was Brutus, after Caesar's friend and assassin.

You've been sent to Dallas with purpose, remember the Cause Brutus! Has a nice ring to it I think...

Seriously though, he would eventually play a major part in miss-information to the Germans about the D-Day invasion. He was/is an unknown hero that saved many a G.I.'s lives on the beaches of Normandy in 1944. 

I've licked it, but go ahead eat if you want. 

Starting using Copenhagen snuff in college to stay awake at night to study. At age 40 after trying to quit with every over the counter remedy I went to the doctor and got a prescription for Chantix.

It took four weeks on Chantix to quit. You will get freaky dreams and your stomach will be upset and it will last for a few weeks after you stop taking the pills.

Best $100.00 I ever spent.

Good luck.

Been chewing Grizzly long cut since I was 16. My dentist finally told me that he is starting to see damage, so I threw out my last tin 3 weeks ago. Haven't had one since. Cold turkey.

Sucks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.