All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THE NHL MAKES ZERO MONEY OFF OF MONTREAL OR TORONTO OR THAT THAT MONEY IS NEGLIGIBLE? REALLY? TELL IT TO THE HABS AND LEAFS WHO ARE SICK OF PROPPING UP FAILED ORGANIZATIONS LIKE THE COYOTES, PANTHERS AND HURRICANES. IT IS A TOPIC EVERY YEAR. I AM GLAD PEOPLE ARE EDUCATING ME ON THE NCAA STATUS THING AS SPORTSCENTRE DIDN'T ANSWER THAT WHAT IF? I HAD MY CONCERNS. NOT SURE WHAT GOALIES ARE AVAILABLE AS FREE AGENTS THIS OFF SEASON. I MISS NEUVIRTH AND ENROTH. I THOUGHT THEY COULD ACTUALLY WORK OUT HERE. I WILL STATE THIS HERE AND NOW. I DO BELIEVE MCDAVID WILL BE BETTER THEN EICHEL (AND HE DOES HAVE WAY MORE TALENT TO PLAY WITH IN EDMONTON THEN IN BUFFALO AND A GOOD COACH NOW) HE WILL PUT UP MORE POINTS THEN EICHEL BUT AGAIN, WE SHALL SEE IF THIS TRUE BUT I AM EXPECTING THAT. AS FOR OVERACHIEVING GOALTENDING, ISN'T THAT WHY ARTURS IRBE IS HERE????? DO CAROLINA, FLORIDA AND ARIZONA GAMES REALLY RAKE IN THE REVENUE TV WISE FOR THE LEAGUE? I MEAN, IF PEOPLE CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO GO THERE, ARE THEY BOTHERED TO WATCH ON TV? EVEN IF THEIR OPPOSITION IS CHICAGO, BOSTON OR NEW YORK? AS FOR TED BEING FIRED BECAUSE OF RESULTS. WHAT OTHER COACH DO YOU KNOW OF THAT HAD HIS STARTING LINEUP SOLD OUT FROM UNDER HIM AND WAS THEN EXPECTED TO 'GET RESULTS"? IT'S LIKE SUPPLYING A HOT DOG VENDOR WITH HAMBURGS THEN SHUTTING HIM DOWN BECAUSE HE COULDN'T GENERATE HOT DOG SALES.

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THE NHL MAKES ZERO MONEY OFF OF MONTREAL OR TORONTO OR THAT THAT MONEY IS NEGLIGIBLE? REALLY? TELL IT TO THE HABS AND LEAFS WHO ARE SICK OF PROPPING UP FAILED ORGANIZATIONS LIKE THE COYOTES, PANTHERS AND HURRICANES. IT IS A TOPIC EVERY YEAR. I AM GLAD PEOPLE ARE EDUCATING ME ON THE NCAA STATUS THING AS SPORTSCENTRE DIDN'T ANSWER THAT WHAT IF? I HAD MY CONCERNS. NOT SURE WHAT GOALIES ARE AVAILABLE AS FREE AGENTS THIS OFF SEASON. I MISS NEUVIRTH AND ENROTH. I THOUGHT THEY COULD ACTUALLY WORK OUT HERE. I WILL STATE THIS HERE AND NOW. I DO BELIEVE MCDAVID WILL BE BETTER THEN EICHEL (AND HE DOES HAVE WAY MORE TALENT TO PLAY WITH IN EDMONTON THEN IN BUFFALO AND A GOOD COACH NOW) HE WILL PUT UP MORE POINTS THEN EICHEL BUT AGAIN, WE SHALL SEE IF THIS TRUE BUT I AM EXPECTING THAT. AS FOR OVERACHIEVING GOALTENDING, ISN'T THAT WHY ARTURS IRBE IS HERE????? DO CAROLINA, FLORIDA AND ARIZONA GAMES REALLY RAKE IN THE REVENUE TV WISE FOR THE LEAGUE? I MEAN, IF PEOPLE CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO GO THERE, ARE THEY BOTHERED TO WATCH ON TV? EVEN IF THEIR OPPOSITION IS CHICAGO, BOSTON OR NEW YORK? AS FOR TED BEING FIRED BECAUSE OF RESULTS. WHAT OTHER COACH DO YOU KNOW OF THAT HAD HIS STARTING LINEUP SOLD OUT FROM UNDER HIM AND WAS THEN EXPECTED TO 'GET RESULTS"? IT'S LIKE SUPPLYING A HOT DOG VENDOR WITH HAMBURGS THEN SHUTTING HIM DOWN BECAUSE HE COULDN'T GENERATE HOT DOG SALES.

:worthy: 

Oh, PA please tell me you want to play this game. Please.  Clearly the narrative comment hit... and is still hitting.  

Seriously, it's comical but also maddening that every new poster who doesn't tow the party line or shows any kind of personality or spunk has to be pounced upon. It's almost reflexive. It always brings out a moderator or even SDS. It's bizarre. We want new posters, right? eman has strong opinions, which is great. There's no trolling going on.

Is this a message board or eighth grade homeroom when the new kid walks in mid-year?

giphy.gif

On the left hand side of your keyboard you will find a key marked 'Caps Lock'.  Press this key once.

The NHL would have made money if Connor went to one of the teams you mentioned because he is going to be a star.  Carolina, Phoenix, Miami all lack a true big name NHL star.  If those teams made more money they would need less from the Torontos.  Also it would boast all their sales across the board.  If Connor were in those markets their tv viewing would go up there and elsewhere because fans within that region and outside want to watch Connor.

Connor McDavid will have talent in Edmonton but the way you wrote that you act like Buffalo just has no forward talent which is flawed. Jack Eichel is going to be surrounded by players like Kane, Ennis, Moulson, Zemgus who are all solid NHL players.  Way more talent? No not really.

Ted Nolan wasn't fire simply because the team was bad.  My guess from Murray's presser is that his relationship with Nolan was mediocre and that the players were not big fans of Nolan.  Murray looked at that and acted.

Again, I don't mind peoples knives out for my posts. Like I said, i am learning stuff also and as Sabres fans, I love all you guys and enjoy conversing with Sabres/Bills fans when I am in Western New York or at games at First Niagara Centre. I am not saying T-Pegs isn't generous, without a question he certainly is and has been a Godsend for the Sabres and Bills. I just want to see us all rewarded at the Pro level for all his efforts and I may be impatient for sure. I am also critical and if we can't be critical, how do we expect to improve? Again, if Tim Murray can mold this club into a serious contender, I will worship at the altar of Tim Murray. I am glad T-Pegs is here and never said otherwise. it is just my impatience speaking.

Yeah, it really stings the 8,387th time in your life a skeeter bites ya.

Depends on where you get bit. Was you ever bit by a dead bee?

Seriously, it's comical but also maddening that every new poster who doesn't tow the party line or shows any kind of personality or spunk has to be pounced upon. It's almost reflexive. It always brings out a moderator or even SDS. It's bizarre. We want new posters, right? eman has strong opinions, which is great. There's no trolling going on.

Is this a message board or eighth grade homeroom when the new kid walks in mid-year?

Here is the problem.  Eman has said a lot of things in his short time here that are just false.  In an attempt to correct that we are squishing him?  Spare me your feigned slight.  Also party line?  Hashtag Narrative.  

Edited by LGR4GM

I've said it before, but I don't mind repeating. There has never been a coach in the NHL who kept his job after finishing dead last two seasons in a row. Never. Ever.

There was no need to let Nolan coach any longer - he proved that he didn't have the coaching acumen to be the guy when the real bullets fly this season and beyond. Say all you want that his roster was terrible (it was) and that he was set up to fail. Even if he was set up, doesn't change the fact that his team failed and was historically bad two seasons in a row. It's a results based business.

In other words, the Sabres set up Nolan to fail from day one and then used it as an excuse to fire him.  So, hiring Nolan (and Patty Lala) was basically just a public relations move to quiet the natives while the tank was being planned and executed.  Maybe it was this kind of manuevering that made LaFontaine take a walk.  Maybe even a reason Babcock passed on the HC job.  Who knows?  Here we sit just a month or so away from the draft and we have no coaching staff. The team tanked hoping to get the #1 overall pick, but had to "settle" for #2, and then slighted the player they hope to draft at that position.  Not quite Hockey Heaven...at least not yet.

Here is the problem.  Eman has said a lot of things in his short time here that are just false.  In an attempt to correct that we are squishing him?  Spare me your feigned slight.  Also party line?  Hashtag Narrative.  

Easy there. Use hashtag narrative and that triggers the Manchurian Candidate sequence. The black and white one, with Angela Landsbury. 

Strong opinions are fine, although the posters thereof should not be surprised when they elicit strong responses.  Insults and an obnoxious tone are not fine.

OK, time to chill out a little.

I disagree with pretty much everything eman has said.

This has more truth than I would like to admit.

Not sure why the caps lock offends. Just me being lazy actually. Like I said, I am still learning the nuances of The Aud Club. Already got called out for not being on topic with some of my other posts. I am just a student here. some assume caps lock is like yelling at someone 9i assure that is not the case)To me it's "easy reading"!

Strong opinions are fine, although the posters thereof should not be surprised when they elicit strong responses.  Insults and an obnoxious tone are not fine.

Is something still considered an opinion when it is based off of things that are blatantly false?  Pair that up with an essentially unreadable syntax and you get the responses you are getting here.  I'm not sure why PA needs to play the champion of the little man role every single time here.  All I know, is that for the millionth time, a thread has once again become unreadable around here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.