2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

Mike Reilly going to go to free agency?  Hmmmm. He's a nice player. 

Could screw Columbus.

I'm not sure why he would come here. We're loaded with young defenders so he would have to hop in line with McCabe/Pysyk. Doubt he comes in above those guys right away.

I'm not sure why he would come here. We're loaded with young defenders so he would have to hop in line with McCabe/Pysyk. Doubt he comes in above those guys right away.

Money? I'm betting he wants a pay-grade better than a 4th rounder. 

He's likely to start in the AHL. 

I don't think he's ready for the NHL just yet.....but he's got some nice skills. 

Edited by X. Benedict

Money? I'm betting he wants a pay-grade better than a 4th rounder. 

He's likely to start in the AHL. 

I don't think he's ready for the NHL just yet.....but he's got some nice skills. 

He's still under the umbrella of entry-level deals. He won't be able to maneuver money much.

Eichel looked visiblely better than most on USA in those last 5 minutes, stealing pucks from Malkin, literally wrestling with him in the corner on another occasion, putting pucks on sticks and attempting to drive the play forward. If anything I can at least get the feeling he is the type who plays better in bad situations.

In the first game vs. Russia, Eichel flat out dominated Malkin. As in, KICKED HIS ASS. If there was one thing I was hoping to see from Eichel more than anything else in this tourney, it was that the game wasn't gonna be too big for him. He answered that question in spades. He proved he can skate with these guys, he proved he can win puck battles, and he proved he can hold onto the puck and make plays. 

He's ready for the next level. Period. 

GO SABRES!!!

In the first game vs. Russia, Eichel flat out dominated Malkin. As in, KICKED HIS ASS. If there was one thing I was hoping to see from Eichel more than anything else in this tourney, it was that the game wasn't gonna be too big for him. He answered that question in spades. He proved he can skate with these guys, he proved he can win puck battles, and he proved he can hold onto the puck and make plays. 

GO SABRES!!!

Malkin took out his frustrations with the way Eichel hung with him in the first game by elbowing him in the back of the head yesterday resulting in a penalty. And then the way he slapped the puck into the empty net from 10 feet to close it out was proof of how frustrated he was playing against the U.S. Can't stand that POS. I hope Canada kicks Russian ass today.

You'd think practicing with Crosby for years would have given Malkin a bit more patience in terms of playing talent greater than his own but I guess it did not. 

I've got to say, its a good sign when your 18 year old intended pick can legitimately frustrate an high end, experienced, Cup winner to the point he elbows him in the head.

Thank the Union and the CBA. The World Cup in the middle of summer used to be awesome. I feel bad for the folks who didn't get to see it.

Looked up the 96 finals series on Youtube a while back, man oh man, are we talking some high quality hockey there.

Oh, and John LeClair was a monster in 1996.

GO SABRES!!!

Some people claim Eichel disappeared over the last 2 or 3 games here, but I think people forget he probably lacks conditioning compared to the NHL'ers, and that he's basically played 9 games in two weeks.

Can't blame the kid if the tank was empty in the end.

Looked up the 96 finals series on Youtube a while back, man oh man, are we talking some high quality hockey there.

Some people claim Eichel disappeared over the last 2 or 3 games here, but I think people forget he probably lacks conditioning compared to the NHL'ers, and that he's basically played 9 games in two weeks.

Can't blame the kid if the tank was empty in the end.

I thought we weren't going to talk about the tank anymore.

Malkin took out his frustrations with the way Eichel hung with him in the first game by elbowing him in the back of the head yesterday resulting in a penalty. And then the way he slapped the puck into the empty net from 10 feet to close it out was proof of how frustrated he was playing against the U.S. Can't stand that POS. I hope Canada kicks Russian ass today.

Eich should take Evgeni's elbow as endorsement. 

Nice compliment. 

I think the North America NHL guys took it more seriously then, than they do the olympics now. I remember guys like Hawerchuk in the 80's, facewashing and stick swinging....it was really neat, especially in the summer when the only sport going on was baseball.

At around 17:30 in the 3rd, Eichel is in the near corner playing D. He doesn't let the guy make a play. He then streaks to the offensive zone and beats their guy to to puck in their far corner. WOW.

I'm starting to think that my early notion of him gliding into guys on D are just his skating style. He just doesn't have to work as hard as other guys to generate speed. Awesome.

Edited by SumpfV

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.