Roster review: #22 Johan Larsson

dudacek

69 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Johan Larsson be in three years?

• Playing in an NHL top-six
    • Playing a versatile role as this team’s Jochen Hecht
    • Playing on a fourth line
    • Playing in Europe

before the prospect camp, i'd assumed that it would be reinhart on the wing in the top 6.

now i'm less sure. maybe eichel goes to wing with ROR?

Sam's vision and 'hockey sense' is his key attribute.  To me that should be utilized as a center.  I would have him as the third line C for next season and then hopefully work his way to 2nd line C in future years.  We have enough legit top 6 players to afford the luxury of shielding him a bit on the third line but he also continues to play C at the NHL level.

Edited by Derrico

• 1 month later...

bump

So with how the roster has shaked out, Johan is the de facto #3 center or at the very least on the 3rd line right?  Am I overestimating him?

Girgensens, Reinhart, and Larsson are all in the mix.  Two of them will end up on the wing.  It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Girgensens, Reinhart, and Larsson are all in the mix. Two of them will end up on the wing. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Exactly. Other than Mr. Intangibles I don't think any of our center spots are set in stone. Eichel will likely be our #2 center but even that is not guaranteed.

Edited by Drunkard

Based on my line combos I have him on the 4th line. 

Kane - ROR - Ennis

Moulson - Eichel - Girgs

McGinn - Reinhart - Gionta

Foligno - Larsson - Deslaurier

That's kinda where I am. I think line 3 and 4 are pretty much interchangeable.

We could actually have some depth this year.

That's kinda where I am. I think line 3 and 4 are pretty much interchangeable.

We could actually have some depth this year.

Agreed.

I didn't even mean for it to be a knock on Larsson penciling him into the 4th line.  I think Foligno also has a shot to move up if McGinn's back acts up early in the year or Reinhart isn't as strong or fast as he seemed to be in development camp.  To me, this is a very deep forward group, albeit young that very much has playoff potential.  The downfall could obviously be on the D and goaltending.

Kane - ROR - Ennis

Moulson - Eichel - Girgs

Putting Reinhart on the 3rd line with McGinn and Gionta is a surefire way to waste his talent and ensure crappy point production. He needs to play with more taleted players, even if it's on the wing.

Putting Reinhart on the 3rd line with McGinn and Gionta is a surefire way to waste his talent and ensure crappy point production. He needs to play with more taleted players, even if it's on the wing.

I donno.  It's tough judging McGinn stats because of all the injuries but at the time of the trade Colorado fans were chiming in that he's a decent goal scorer when he plays.  Looks like he's averaged close to 20 goals a season when playing near 82 games the past few years.  I thought Gionta still looked pretty good last year playing with crap players.  I think it would be a mistake putting Reinhart on one of the top 2 lines this year.  Playing on the third line you can really shelter his minutes and ease him into the pace of the game. Just my humble opinion obviously.

I donno. It's tough judging McGinn stats because of all the injuries but at the time of the trade Colorado fans were chiming in that he's a decent goal scorer when he plays. Looks like he's averaged close to 20 goals a season when playing near 82 games the past few years. I thought Gionta still looked pretty good last year playing with crap players. I think it would be a mistake putting Reinhart on one of the top 2 lines this year. Playing on the third line you can really shelter his minutes and ease him into the pace of the game. Just my humble opinion obviously.

I agree with with your line combos and that McGinn and Gionta will be creditable linemates for Reinhart. Frankly I semi-expect Gionta to be the #2 RW on Eichel's line.

I agree with with your line combos and that McGinn and Gionta will be creditable linemates for Reinhart. Frankly I semi-expect Gionta to be the #2 RW on Eichel's line.

Heh. Freeman's got a semi.

don't ban me for that!   :ph34r: 

Kane - ROR - Ennis

Moulson - Eichel - Girgs

Reinhart will be on the wing in the top six, count on it.

I think Girgensons will be on the third line in a shut down role.

See, where I struggle with Reinhart being a top two line player is who drops out of the top 6? In my view the only two potential players is moulson or girgensons. Moulson showed last season he is a train wreck without a legit centre. With one he is a potential 25 goal scorer so it would be a waste him playing with someone like Larson centring him on the third line. I don't like girgs dropping down for a couple of reasons. Firstly, he's proven to be good enough to be a second line player. Secondly, he's a man child and I would rather him out there watching Eichel back then putting the two rookies together. Also, having a vet like Gianta would do wonders for Reinhart.

I must also say, it's nice talking hockey again! One more month to go!

Edited by Derrico

I donno.  It's tough judging McGinn stats because of all the injuries but at the time of the trade Colorado fans were chiming in that he's a decent goal scorer when he plays.  Looks like he's averaged close to 20 goals a season when playing near 82 games the past few years.  I thought Gionta still looked pretty good last year playing with crap players.  I think it would be a mistake putting Reinhart on one of the top 2 lines this year.  Playing on the third line you can really shelter his minutes and ease him into the pace of the game. Just my humble opinion obviously.

This is where I am at as well.

Reinhart will be on the wing in the top six, count on it.

I think Girgensons will be on the third line in a shut down role.

Could happen, but I don't think so. I don't think pairing Eichel and Reinhart, two rookies, together would be a good idea. And I don't think Reinhart is ready of the top line.

I think 3C makes the most sense.

This is where I am at as well.

Could happen, but I don't think so. I don't think pairing Eichel and Reinhart, two rookies, together would be a good idea. And I don't think Reinhart is ready of the top line.

I think 3C makes the most sense.

They won't pair them together. Maybe something like this:

Kane-ROR-Reinhart

Moulson - Eichel -Ennis

Kane-ROR-Reinhart

Moulson - Eichel -Ennis

I loved what I heard of his improved skating and strength from development camp but do you really think he's ready for the top line? I don't. Edited by Derrico

Kane-ROR-Reinhart

Moulson - Eichel -Ennis

Fair enough. Like I said, it could happen. But my other view was that Reinhart wasn't ready for the top line, so I still think 3C works best.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.