Tim Murray: Lottery Presser

LGR4GM

although Murray did sort of make a difference in future league policy regarding the draft, they started implenting to rules to the lottery to try and prevent teams from intentionally throwing away seasons and tanking because of what he has done here to try and get mcdavid

I'd put that on Regier.  The dude flat out said "Suffering" was the critical part of his plan.  And he's the one who enacted the scorched earth policy that Murray saw to completion.

If we're changing how the lottery works because we're PO'ed about Edmonton, just don't let the same team draft 1st overall if they've already drafted 1st overall in the previous 2-3 seaons.  There, done.

It is not that Edmonton is "better at it" ...it is that they haven't succeeded at it. 

We'll see who ends up better first.

As much as we all want to get on our high horse, they've had better hockey to watch, have been to a SCF more recently than us, and are further along in their tank than we are.

We'll see who ends up better first.

As much as we all want to get on our high horse, they've had better hockey to watch, have been to a SCF more recently than us, and are further along in their tank than we are.

Edmonton has finished, what? In the bottom 5, six of the last seven years. 

I'd say they haven't turned much around since finishing DFL in  2009-10, 2010-11. 

Edmonton sucks because they draft soft finesse players year after year after year. They always draft forwards.  They never get players of value outside of the 1st round and UFA's have no desire to go to Edmonton because it's freaking Edmonton.  If I had to pick a team today between Buffalo and Edmonton, I take Buffalo. 

Edmonton sucks because they draft soft finesse players year after year after year. They always draft forwards.  They never get players of value outside of the 1st round and UFA's have no desire to go to Edmonton because it's freaking Edmonton.  If I had to pick a team today between Buffalo and Edmonton, I take Buffalo. 

Careful, little feller. For one, the UFA issue, as the company line goes, is why the Sabres had to tank. 

As the company line goes, according to Ted Black, the Sabres couldn't get free agents to come to Buffalo in 2012 and at that point they realized they had to build through the draft.

lol you think I listen to the company line.  Please, do I really appear to follow the herd?

We could debate this but meh. Dead horse and all. 

lol you think I listen to the company line.  Please, do I really appear to follow the herd?

We could debate this but meh. Dead horse and all. 

OK. But they did want to buy a team those first two offseasons. By early in the lockout season, I think they realized the folly of it.

OK. But they did want to buy a team those first two offseasons. By early in the lockout season, I think they realized the folly of it.

Well yea I would agree.  The issue is when was the last time since 2005 we saw a #1 center become available?  I mean Seguin comes to mind but DR was a little bitch. 

Well yea I would agree.  The issue is when was the last time since 2005 we saw a #1 center become available?  I mean Seguin comes to mind but DR was a little bitch. 

Alot more recently, Kyle Turris and Derick Brassard are both #1 C's on playoff teams that have been moved in the past few seasons.

Weave, when you think "number one center," is Kyle Turris really what comes to mind?!

Centering the #1 line on a playoff team.  sure, I would want better, but its an honest answer to an honest question.

FTR, Had we nabbed Brassard and Turris when they were available IMO this tank wouldn't have been necessary.

Centering the #1 line on a playoff team.  sure, I would want better, but its an honest answer to an honest question.

FTR, Had we nabbed Brassard and Turris when they were available IMO this tank wouldn't have been necessary.

And if my uncle had balls, maybe my family would still talk to him.

Centering the #1 line on a playoff team. sure, I would want better, but its an honest answer to an honest question.

I definitely would have preferred Turris and Brassard to Eichel and Reinhart. They could have been this generation's Plante and Holzinger. Throw in keeping Darcy and Rolston and eighth place here we come!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.