Tim Murray: Lottery Presser

LGR4GM

Fair enough was lazy on ipad and didnt recheck last years draft...Karabacek, Cornel, Martin, Johassen, Willman, Brown and Olafsson, along with Lemieux who is no longer here and Max.

Hey, this crap can be hard to keep up with, so no worries here. You are correct that we need to judge Murray moving forward and these players were taken on his watch. 

I'll nitpick Lemieux though, as he was traded to acquire assets. I have no problem with that. 

GO SABRES!!!

You have a firm grasp of the obvious. Congrats!

GO SABRES!!!

No, overstated in that I made a poor choice of words. 

I assure you, nothing about my opinion of your views on Murray is from thin air. You have provided ample material to remove any doubt. 

GO SABRES!!!

Yep.  You're convinced I have an agenda against him because I criticized him once (i.e. over this).  Makes perfect sense.

GO SABRES!!!!!1!

This is a massive exaggeration. 

It was bad enough that he came out and clarified.  And I'm glad that he did.

We disagree because you still care about Lemiuex. Also you projecting misjudgment, he didn't actually misjudge because he moved him. You are playing in the realm of what ifs

No you misunderstand, I think Murray misjudged Lemieux's self righteousness abt being a no. 1 and could avoided that debacle choosing someone else such as...Barbashev

That he recovered and didnt pull a Darcy getting something for him is a plus.

Edited by North Buffalo

Yep.  You're convinced I have an agenda against him because I criticized him once (i.e. over this).  Makes perfect sense.

GO SABRES!!!!!1!

That's a bad thing? Is it because you don't value his statements born out of reflective consideration vs. spontaneous, off the cuff remarks that reveal his total inability to be a GM? 

GO SABRES!!!

No you misunderstand, I think Murray misjudged Lemieux's self righteousness abt being a no. 1 and could avoided that debacle choosing someone else such as...Barbashev

That he recovered and didnt pull a Darcy getting something for him is a plus.

I think Murray should have drafted Barabshev as well.  He may have misjudged Lemieux's #1 complex but I am glad they moved on from him.

I guess it was obvious to most that Murray was carrying on two narratives yesterday. One was about the idiocy of the draft lottery (and it is idiotic) and the other was about Eichel, which was unmistakably positive.

Won't get into the narrative about the lottery too much, because Murray has consistently gone on record about how much he dislikes it over the last two years. The new twist he added last night was his distaste for being dragged out of his cage to participate in the circus. Again,hard to blame him for this.

In the narrative about Eichel, he had high praise for Jack. He said his talent was apparent to anyone who saw him play. He said he's ready to make the leap to the NHL, and he would advise him to make the leap. He compared the sabres depth at center with the Penguins. It was all high praise for Eichel for anyone who took the time to listen.

Murray's taken a lot of crap for this rebuild, and he's shone he has the guts to weather the criticism. The guy has laid out his plan and is following it. The Sabres will be greatly improved next season.

I guess it was obvious to most that Murray was carrying on two narratives yesterday. One was about the idiocy of the draft lottery (and it is idiotic) and the other was about Eichel, which was unmistakably positive.

Won't get into the narrative about the lottery too much, because Murray has consistently gone on record about how much he dislikes it over the last two years. The new twist he added last night was his distaste for being dragged out of his cage to participate in the circus. Again,hard to blame him for

Murray's attitude is why the NHL continues to be considered a second class sport, despite my bias. It is marketing 101 and if the NHL had any understanding of this Murray should have been fined and Edmonton should never have gotten the first pick.

This is about promotion of the league, who gives a rats ass what Murray thinks of the circus, he should participate with a fake smile on his face and promote the league.

Edited by North Buffalo

That's a bad thing? Is it because you don't value his statements born out of reflective consideration vs. spontaneous, off the cuff remarks that reveal his total inability to be a GM? 

GO SABRES!!!

Are you able to read at all?  Here's what I just wrote:

I feel like most people would take the "And I'm glad that he did" as evidence that I liked what he did today.  Not sure how you're misinterpreting that.

Also, I never said I "don't" value his prepared statements.  I said I put extra weight on what he said in the heat of the moment.  And I do.  He flubbed his first attempt to react to drafting second this year.  He did a whole lot better with his statements today but I still wondering what he was thinking yesterday.  Hopefully he's still learning how to handle his role as a GM because clearly taking a diplomatic approach would have been the best thing last night.

Murray's attitude is why the NHL continues to be considered a second class sport, despite my bias. It is marketing 101 and if the NHL had any understanding of this Murray should have been fined and Edmonton should never have gotten the first pick.

This is about promotion of the league, who gives a rats ass what Murray thinks of the circus, he should participate with a fake smile on his face and promote the league.

I kinda like the NHL because it is slightly less professional and GM's are more honest.  

That said GM's and players say crap all the time in all the leagues.  It's just how it is.  Totally agree on the Edmonton thing though.

I am so excited for drafting Jack Eichel!!!!!

I kinda like the NHL because it is slightly less professional and GM's are more honest.

.I am so excited for drafting Jack Eichel!!!!!

Now you get it....

Add in I work in the greatest league in the best sport in the world for a future cup winner!

Edited by North Buffalo

Now you get it....

Add in I work in the greatest league in the best sport in the world for a future cup winner!

lol there ya go.  I love being a hockey fan.  PPL make fun of me and think I am weird, because they don't get it.  I survived the Buffalo Sabres tank, because I am true hockey fan.

JACK EICHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't get into the narrative about the lottery too much, because Murray has consistently gone on record about how much he dislikes it over the last two years. The new twist he added last night was his distaste for being dragged out of his cage to participate in the circus. Again,hard to blame him for this.

In the narrative about Eichel, he had high praise for Jack. He said his talent was apparent to anyone who saw him play. He said he's ready to make the leap to the NHL, and he would advise him to make the leap. He compared the sabres depth at center with the Penguins. It was all high praise for Eichel for anyone who took the time to listen.

Murray's taken a lot of crap for this rebuild, and he's shone he has the guts to weather the criticism. The guy has laid out his plan and is following it. The Sabres will be greatly improved next season.

Is taking time to listen anything like hearing only what you want to hear?

GO SABRES!!!

Are you able to read at all?  Here's what I just wrote:

I feel like most people would take the "And I'm glad that he did" as evidence that I liked what he did today.  Not sure how you're misinterpreting that.

Also, I never said I "don't" value his prepared statements.  I said I put extra weight on what he said in the heat of the moment.  And I do.  He flubbed his first attempt to react to drafting second this year.  He did a whole lot better with his statements today but I still wondering what he was thinking yesterday.  Hopefully he's still learning how to handle his role as a GM because clearly taking a diplomatic approach would have been the best thing last night.

Ah, the old, "reading comprehension" gambit. What's next, calling me "dude?"

GO SABRES!!!

Ah, the old, "reading comprehension" gambit. What's next, calling me "dude?"

GO SABRES!!!

It's not a gambit when you literally misinterpret "And I'm glad he did it" as me saying he did something bad.  Or take me to task for castigating someone and then say "oh, well I overstated" when I point out that literally zero castigation ever took place.  (Pro tip: You can't "overstate" something that literally never happened.  That's called "making **** up.")

So far today you've misinterpreted very simple sentences to get the exact opposite meaning, imagined things happening that never happened, and accused me of having an agenda to bring down our GM based on me criticizing him literally once.  

Carry on though. We have a lot of time to kill until the draft and this is tremendous stuff.

It's not a gambit when you literally misinterpret "And I'm glad he did it" as me saying he did something bad.  Or take me to task for castigating someone and then say "oh, well I overstated" when I point out that literally zero castigation ever took place.  (Pro tip: You can't "overstate" something that literally never happened.  That's called "making **** up.")

So far today you've misinterpreted very simple sentences to get the exact opposite meaning, imagined things happening that never happened, and accused me of having an agenda to bring down our GM based on me criticizing him literally once.  

Carry on though. We have a lot of time to kill until the draft and this is tremendous stuff.

I didn't misinterpret, I ignored it. Big difference. I don't think you're in a position to lecture anyone about misinterpretation given your butchery of Murray's comments. You chose to ignore any positive thing he had to say last night. Sucks, doesn't it? That's the hypocrite box you put yourself in earlier today. 

Castigating was a poor choice of words for which I apologized for. That's not making schit up, either. At worst, it's speaking out of turn. Get over it. 

So far today, I've managed to perfectly characterize your disdain for Tim Murray. I've misinterpreted nothing. You've been pretty clear and consistent in your negative attack on Murray since this thread opened. Agendas have to start somewhere so I find your defense of "I never attacked him before," utterly lacking. You purposely chose to ignore any positive statements he made because those statements don't support your overall theory that Murray was a babbling idiot that caused you to reconsider his abilities as a GM. Sorry, but when you purposely parse the language like that, it reeks of an agenda. No attempt to balance his statements, putting more weight into spontaneous remarks, and then boasting about being right about the media's narrative  (even though it was obvious what is was going to be), all point to the same thing. 

Carry-on, indeed. You've seen fit to do just that this entire thread. 

GO SABRES!!!

I didn't misinterpret, I ignored it. Big difference. I don't think you're in a position to lecture anyone about misinterpretation given your butchery of Murray's comments. You chose to ignore any positive thing he had to say last night. Sucks, doesn't it? That's the hypocrite box you put yourself in earlier today. 

Castigating was a poor choice of words for which I apologized for. That's not making schit up, either. At worst, it's speaking out of turn. Get over it. 

So far today, I've managed to perfectly characterize your disdain for Tim Murray. I've misinterpreted nothing. You've been pretty clear and consistent in your negative attack on Murray since this thread opened. Agendas have to start somewhere so I find your defense of "I never attacked him before," utterly lacking. You purposely chose to ignore any positive statements he made because those statements don't support your overall theory that Murray was a babbling idiot that caused you to reconsider his abilities as a GM. Sorry, but when you purposely parse the language like that, it reeks of an agenda. No attempt to balance his statements, putting more weight into spontaneous remarks, and then boasting about being right about the media's narrative  (even though it was obvious what is was going to be), all point to the same thing. 

Carry-on, indeed. You've seen fit to do just that this entire thread. 

GO SABRES!!!

Sorry, I find it really funny that you think the part in bold makes you look better.  :lol:

The rest is great too.  "You have an agenda!  And it started....TODAY!  Yeah, that's it!  You have an overall theory, I know it!"

Sorry, I find it really funny that you think the part in bold makes you look better.  :lol:

The rest is great too.  "You have an agenda!  And it started....TODAY!  Yeah, that's it!  You have an overall theory, I know it!"

That's your paranoia kicking in. 

Nothing about any post in this thread serves to make one "look better." I'm not sure what that means but I can understand the need one might have for that kind of thing. There's just no measure of ego satisfaction to be gained here. Unless, of course, one wishes to boast about being right about something patently obvious. Like a media narrative that dovetails one's own particular take on a press conference, for instance. 

You yourself admitted that you've never previously slammed Murray so yeah, I guess your agenda started after the press conference last night and continues today. I think your body of work in this thread supports your anti-Murray message perfectly. 

GO SABRES!!!

I've been online all day working up a presentation for tomorrow anyway.  Might as well try to uncover the mysterious plot against Tim Murray that I am apparently at the center of.

Plot....ploy... Plot...

Though I crticize, and don't think he is the next coming... I still want him to be succesful... Better than Darcy is a pretty low bar... I want the Sabres to win the cup and will hold this or any other GMs feet to the fire till they do.

Phew ! I can't believe I read that whole thread. You guys need to breath. Just breath in. Breath out. Thats it. Bring your blood pressure down a notch or two. Somewhere in this world there are people with real problem that are life and death. Simple decisions that seal family members fates or imprison someone to a lifetime of pain or worse. You're arguing about wording at a presser. I'm not picking sides I respect both parties involved in this disagreement but think about the poor mods that have to wade through this stuff. Think of poor freeman. Poor poor freeman. Oh the humanity. I survived it. But I don't have to read every thread like the mods. That argument could have been avoided all together by simply agreeing that your opinions were too far apart to bridge the gap and simply moving on. Try it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.