The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

91 is what I've been hoping he chooses.

Never been worn as a Sabre - so it would be 'his.'

Typically used on other teams by very strong offensive players.

Ending w/ the 2nd '1' it evokes Gilbert's 11 (at least IMHO it does).

Damn. Now I *really* want him to wear it.

Because I like 90's numbers and I figured 5 from his 15. Nothing too clever on my part honestly 

Would make three or ten, depending on the operation.  5 from 15 is 90 is a tough one to work out.

AND NO MORE NASCAR NUMBERS!

Might as well have Rip issue some ###### number like he always does.

Edited by Eleven

Would make three or ten, depending on the operation.  5 from 15 is 90 is a tough one to work out.

On NASCAR numbers - Do you just mean anything about 55? Or is it a specific range (like 60-80)?

I hate the randomly assigned high numbers. I'm okay if a player chooses them or has a specific reason to wear them. Honestly, I think half my problem with Foligno is his number. It's ugly and has no reason aside from him being assigned it. He even switched to 17 pre-lockout but it never happened after the lockout.

I'm starting to like the idea of 10 or 13 more and more. 91 and 96 are fine with me. 15 is solid.

Or 20, 75, 0, 3003.... :flirt:

I'm perfectly happy with him choosing 15. Like others have mentioned, with that he can make it is own number. 

On NASCAR numbers - Do you just mean anything about 55? Or is it a specific range (like 60-80)?

I hate the randomly assigned high numbers. I'm okay if a player chooses them or has a specific reason to wear them. Honestly, I think half my problem with Foligno is his number. It's ugly and has no reason aside from him being assigned it. He even switched to 17 pre-lockout but it never happened after the lockout.

I'm starting to like the idea of 10 or 13 more and more. 91 and 96 are fine with me. 15 is solid.

There was an Ottawa coach--back in the day (but not too far back; it's Ottawa) who would not allow numbers above 49.  That was the best team Ottawa ever had, in my lifetime, I'm not looking back to the 1910s.  I think he had it right.  No vanity numbers.  You're on a team.

There was an Ottawa coach--back in the day (but not too far back; it's Ottawa) who would not allow numbers above 49.  That was the best team Ottawa ever had, in my lifetime, I'm not looking back to the 1910s.  I think he had it right.  No vanity numbers.  You're on a team.

I don't get it. How is anything above 49 a vanity number? 

I am 100% annoyed by assigned crap numbers, but I have no problems with a player wanting to wear a number that he feels suits him or has legitimate sentimental value. I also don't think that a player picking a certain number has anything to do with them being a team player or not, and I kind of think any insinuation otherwise is silly.

I mean Evander Kane took boring #9 and we all know he's the shittiest team player this side of the moon. :p

As seen on facebook:

11701172_10102515119961388_7059473605077

Hey Jack, hey Jack! Hold my baby!

Seriously, that baby looks very small. My guess is less than a month old, or just delivered.

:flirt:

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 2m2 minutes ago

Jack Eichel is wasting no time becoming part of Buffalo. New Sabre will visit kids at Roswell Park Cancer Institute. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/07/02/sabres-eichel-will-visit-kids-in-roswell-park-cancer-institute/

Jack already working on a cure for cancer. Edited by kas23

I don't get it. How is anything above 49 a vanity number? 

IMO everything above about 35 is.  

The first player I remember with a number over that was Espo.  He wore 77 with the Rags because he couldn't wear 7.  

Then it was Gretzky.  Then Lemieux.  Then Lindros. And on and on.

All of the sudden, it was an explosion.

Look.  It used to be that goalies wore 1 and 30-something; that D-men wore 2-6 and 22-29; that forwards wore the numbers in between. I'm not saying we have to go back to that, but, FFS, I'm really sick of players (other than Doug Glatt) wearing stupid numbers.  And I am ESPECIALLY sick of Rip issuing stupid numbers. 

In any event, telling a player he can't have a vanity number, IMO, is tantamount to telling him that he's part of a team, and not a man unto himself.

IMO everything above about 35 is.

The first player I remember with a number over that was Espo. He wore 77 with the Rags because he couldn't wear 7.

Then it was Gretzky. Then Lemieux. Then Lindros. And on and on.

All of the sudden, it was an explosion.

Look. It used to be that goalies wore 1 and 30-something; that D-men wore 2-6 and 22-29; that forwards wore the numbers in between. I'm not saying we have to go back to that, but, FFS, I'm really sick of players (other than Doug Glatt) wearing stupid numbers. And I am ESPECIALLY sick of Rip issuing stupid numbers.

In any event, telling a player he can't have a vanity number, IMO, is tantamount to telling him that he's part of a team, and not a man unto himself.

I'm pretty far away from your opinion on this. A player can be thinking of himself just as much when he picks number 12 as he can be licking 92.

I hope he picks something stupid now just to mess with you. Cmon 85. :p

Edited by Hoss

I'm pretty far away from your opinion on this. A player can be thinking of himself just as much when he picks number 12 as he can be licking 92.

I hope he picks something stupid now just to mess with you. Cmon 85. :P

Yeah, but we're dealing with Eich.  The least flashy star anyone has seen this side of Joe Sakic.  

It's gonna be 15.

And if you want a lunch bet on an over/under 40, I'm in.

>HUGS 11<

I feel ya bro

OMG!!!!!

Where are my emojis?

Yeah, but we're dealing with Eich.  The least flashy star anyone has seen this side of Joe Sakic.  

It's gonna be 15.

OMG!!!!!

Where are my emojis?

I would pay to watch that sitcom: Eleven and Hoss on a lunch date  :lol:

It's gonna be 15.

I didn't think we were debating whether he would pick a higher number or not (we never were).

I didn't think we were debating whether he would pick a higher number or not (we never were).

Lunch bet.  On or no?

but I miss hockey talk with real ppl  :cry:

I know.  But you moved to Georgia.