Milan Lucic

inkman

Add 20 goals and 20 assists to a 2nd line that has Moulson and a young, talented center on it and Ii think there is enough (assuming competent goaltending).

Put Lucic on a line with some top end speed and, IMO, that 20 goals can easily turn to 25-30 goals. 

Imagine the young centers, Kane, Lucic and throw Lundqvist in net? The Sabres have the money and the Rangers have a quality replacement in Talbot. Impossible? Who thought at the end of last season that Ryan and McCoy would be Bills? 

Edited by DeLuca1967

Not even Hodgson?

There is absolutely no way a team in cap trouble is taking on a risky long term $4.25 to drop $6M for 1 year.

EDIT: I guess they're not really in cap "trouble" with Savard on LTIR, but freeing up space would be the point of moving him, and they're not taking $4+ long term on a risky player to do that.

Edited by Vodka Bottle of Emotion

Somewhere on TBD a Bills fan said the same exact thing about Rex Ryan. With Pegula's wallet, all things are possible. 

Has nothing to do with Terry Pegula's money.  It has everything to do with who the Buffalo Sabres current General Manager is.  

Has nothing to do with Terry Pegula's money.  It has everything to do with who the Buffalo Sabres current General Manager is.  

I would think that Lucic is a TIm Murray kind of player.  Heavy game.  Responsible game.

I agree, the likeliness of this happening is small, but the thread wasn't asking if it was likely, it was asking if we would want it to happen.

Malcolm Subban? 

We got better in our system. not worth it.

I would think that Lucic is a TIm Murray kind of player.  Heavy game.  Responsible game.

I agree, the likeliness of this happening is small, but the thread wasn't asking if it was likely, it was asking if we would want it to happen.

Nah he has been to much of an for me to still accept him.

I'd rather have Hodgson than Lucic <<ducks>>

I think both players are risky. One we already own and that same one plays a position we need.  Lucic added to Buffalo would be our what?  4th best LW?  Kane, Ennis, Moulson, Lucic and that isn't even taking into account Zemgus.  I don't want him and we don't need him.

After two seasons and 120 loses I am going to be greedy. Give me the top pick, Lucic, Lundqvist, Kessel and any other start player rumored, or not, to be available. I want to wash the past two seasons away as quickly as possible. I want to talk about players that can move this franchise towards a Stanley Cup. I'm not going to be against any talented player coming to this team until we simply don't have room for them because the Sabres are stacked with talent.  

I think both players are risky. One we already own and that same one plays a position we need.  Lucic added to Buffalo would be our what?  4th best LW?  Kane, Ennis, Moulson, Lucic and that isn't even taking into account Zemgus.  I don't want him and we don't need him.

Lucic would be the Sabres best left winger until Girgensons passes him, hopefully. 

After two seasons and 120 loses I am going to be greedy. Give me the top pick, Lucic, Lundqvist, Kessel and any other start player rumored, or not, to be available. I want to wash the past two seasons away as quickly as possible. I want to talk about players that can move this franchise towards a Stanley Cup. I'm not going to be against any talented player coming to this team until we simply don't have room for them because the Sabres are stacked with talent.  

Lucic would be the Sabres best left winger until Girgensons passes him, hopefully. 

You're giving Lucic too much credit. There was a lot of buzz in Boston last year that Lucic came into the season out of shape. You expect that from a rookie who doesn't know better. Not a seasoned veteran. His age might reflect there are good years ahead of him, but he is not a player like Jagr who will be playing into his 40s. I don't want to be holding the hot potato.

You're giving Lucic too much credit. There was a lot of buzz in Boston last year that Lucic came into the season out of shape. You expect that from a rookie who doesn't know better. Not a seasoned veteran. His age might reflect there are good years ahead of him, but he is not a player like Jagr who will be playing into his 40s. I don't want to be holding the hot potato.

Seriously? Who do the Sabres have better on the wing right now. No one. Maybe Girgensons in a few years. Ennis is a nice player, nowhere near the impact player Lucic is. Moulson, not even close. Kane? Maybe if he gets his game on track. Other than that, there is a reason the Sabres are coming off the worst stretch in franchise history, any player with the potential to be better than a Lucic has yet to either play for the Sabres or haven;t spent significant time with the Sabres. 

Jagr? Jagr wasn't a player to play into his 40's when he was 26. 

Seriously? Who do the Sabres have better on the wing right now. No one. Maybe Girgensons in a few years. Ennis is a nice player, nowhere near the impact player Lucic is. Moulson, not even close. Kane? Maybe if he gets his game on track. Other than that, there is a reason the Sabres are coming off the worst stretch in franchise history, any player with the potential to be better than a Lucic has yet to either play for the Sabres or haven;t spent significant time with the Sabres. 

The style that he plays doesn't permit him to continue playing an extended career. He played too physical of a game, and I hope that when he ran Miller, the hockey gods pissed down on him an evil liquid that is slowly eroding his dense skull.

I think Lucic's best years are behind him and I don't want to be the team holding onto a player past his prime. The big name free agents usually don't pan out and I think Lucic would fit that mold, even though he's not a free agent. 

I like the way Girgensons plays the game and would certainly take him over Lucic. If I could have someone in the locker room or on the ice mentoring the young kids, I would rather it is Girgensons. The guy works hard! Lucic -- he comes into the season overweight.

Ennis is a different skill set. But, I would absolutely rather see him play than Lucic. I think the offensive production of Ennis is much higher than Lucic going forward. Ennis has been on the 30th place team in the league for two years. Lucic has had the luxury of playing with top players.

If I had the 30 GMs lined up and told them you could either have Kane or Lucic, I have a hard time believing the majority would select Lucic. Out of everyone you have mentioned, Kane is probably the most brazen player, but still not a neanderthal rockhead like Lucic. I think Kane has his best years ahead of him. Lucic -- downhill from here.

Evander Kane has outplayed Lucic almost every season that they both have been in the league. 

I'm all for taking Lucic if the price is a little above the standard 2nd line winger rental price. What would you be willing to part with?

why not,  after a get a generational player at any cost attitude season, bringing in a disliked Bruin thug would  be par for the course, fans of the blue and gold would embrace him like the long lost black sheep relation and cheer for him to boot

Edited by rumblefish

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.