The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Neuvirth is the guy you choose for this assertion?  So once MB gets here we just need a journeyman goalie?

What does this mean?

He didn't look like a jouneyman while he was here and more and more of these so called journeyman are proving they are legit with the proper amount of games played. Is it my first choice, no but I bet he is in the mix.

Murray and Terry Pegula met with Mike Babcock. They have a relationship. He hired Babcock in Anaheim. It's not like Terry is going over GMTM's head.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/04/12/sabres-murray-searching-for-perfect-fit-after-firing-nolan-as-coach/

"In Tim Murray's perfect world, the Sabres' general manager would be good buddies with his coach. They would respect each other, chat often and agree on how personnel decisions should be made. Murray didn't have that with Ted Nolan, so the GM is looking for a new coach.

Buffalo fired Nolan on Sunday, one day after the Sabres finished their second straight last-place season. There is no timetable for hiring a replacement.

"We both said it's too bad it didn't work out," Murray said in First Niagara Center. "Is it chemistry? Maybe it's just chemistry. Maybe it's just two different personalities. You need chemistry on the ice, and you need chemistry off the ice.

"You have to find a perfect fit to be really successful, and maybe it just wasn't a perfect fit.""

That doesnt equal 100% on board or agreeing to share "running" the team.   It's a journalist saying GMTM prefers his coach agrees on personnel.  

He's also on record as saying coaches coach and was clear that TN had no say in the roster bc he's the coach.  

What you said doesn't match what is said in the linked article. 

Edited by Patty16

Neuvirth is the guy you choose for this assertion?  So once MB gets here we just need a journeyman goalie?

What does this mean?

What I mean is there were people saying GMTM wouldn't share power with LaFontaine because of his ego, and that makes him a bad guy because Patty left. 

Same thing with Nolan - about how Murray wasn't running down and asking Ted's opinion about who to call up and who to trade. Ted alluded to it himself.

So, people said he wouldn't be open to working with any coach if he didn't still have 100% power. I only think that's because it was Nolan. I can't believe that Tim wouldn't consult Babcock.

It's my opinion but based on what I saw in GMTM's press conference and from what I've seen I think Babcock was always Murray's guy.

That doesnt equal 100% on board or agreeing to share "running" the team.   It's a journalist saying GMTM prefers his coach agrees on personnel.  

He's also on record as saying coaches coach and was clear that TN had no say in the roster bc he's the coach.  

What you said doesn't match what is said in the linked article. 

99% on board?

Any of you hear what Redwings fans have to say about all of this? A number feel Babcock is not going to stay in Detroit, and they would be displeased if the Redwings offered him 5 million a year. Granted, they're just fans, but it can get your hopes up. 

Seriously. 

Has there even been such a pairing of positions? What'd GM TM be, then, as a practical matter? Chief scout and an assistant GM?

And if what you're saying is true, and we *don't* manage to grab the hot Babcock, then are the Sabres still cool with GM TM?

He's going to Ottawa. Follow along.

Hearing whispers from people in the know that he's coming

What does this mean exactly?  Who is "in the know" and what is the content of these whispers?

I would venture there aren't more than 3 or 4 people on earth who know, right now, what Mike Babcock is thinking, including Mike Babcock.

Do you happen to know one of them?  That would be remarkable.

Edited by Kruppstahl

What does this mean exactly?  Who is "in the know" and what is the content of these whispers?

I would venture there aren't more than 3 or 4 people on earth who know, right now, what Mike Babcock is thinking, including Mike Babcock.

Chz knows. She's proofreading his contract as we speak. Type. Whatever.

I have no doubt that some people here are in the know. As far as me, there are people I know who get the buzz first and they are the ones who just told me "getting whispers that he is coming"

I have no doubt that some people here are in the know. As far as me, there are people I know who get the buzz first and they are the ones who just told me "getting whispers that he is coming"

Hey man, no offense, and I love the mask in your avatar...but I still don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Chz is Babcock's daughter.

That explains everything.  

So are we going to nickname him Babs, Cocky, MB, M-Babs, Mikey, or something else? 

Well, I guess $&%* doesn't quite work, does it?  You know, his last name minus the "BAB" preface.  

Edited by Kruppstahl