2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Seems like Lehner might be out a little longer, Had a setback according to lebrun.

TSN's Pierre LeBrun passed along the update on the 24-year-old, noting Lehner suffered a "little setback" that could push his first appearance back to "mid-to-late December."    

On Oct. 11, Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma announced Lehner—who was acquired in an offseason trade with the Ottawa Senators—would miss six to 10 weeks with a high-ankle sprain. 

As recently as Nov. 3, Coach Bylsma had good news to report regarding his netminder. 

"He’s actually done two-a-days for many of the days of the week," Bylsma said at the time, per the Buffalo NewsJohn Vogl. "He’s doing really well. He’s working really hard, but he’s not close yet to getting back on the ice."

If there's a silver lining for the Sabres, it's that Linus Ullmark has been steady in goal so far this season. In eight starts, Ullmark has notched a 4-4 record with a .925 save percentage and a mark of 2.28 goal- against average.

Ullmark has been particularly solid in November, posting a .930 save percentage in six starts. Until Lehner is healthy enough to man the crease, his fellow countryman should continue to pick up starts in net.

Good profile on Carlo Colaiacovo on Sabres Hockey Beat.  He is another quality signing from GMTM. 

“(Colaiacovo is) probably one of the better guys in our room in terms of their attitude and their preparation for the game,” Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said. “He does have a veteran presence to him about his preparation, even when he hasn’t been in the lineup it’s been good. We need more of that.”

Carlos is back at practice and starting, paired with Bogo again. Weber sits

Colaiacovo is with the team today after suffering a dented trachea. D pairings:

Gorges-Ristolainen

Colaiacovo-Bogosian

McCabe-Franson

Weber

#Sabres lines this afternoon:

Kane-ROR-Reinhart

Moulson-Eichel-Gio

DLo-Zemgus-McGinn

Foligno-Schaller-Legwand

I vehemently disagree with this. I'll type "you're wrong" in all caps as proof if I have to.

1st for Goose and an extra 2nd from I can't remember what.

I can't believe it's even that long, or that Nashville paid that much

Prrrroooooveeee itttttttt.

Ahhhh son! He's calling you out, True

A quick +/- check.  While +/- may be too elementary to really gage a player's performance (i.e., a negative rating isn't necessarily bad; it may be more of a reflection of a player's assigned role), I think a positive +/- indicates a fair amount of defensive responsibility and two-way play.

Positive:  David Legwand, Matt Moulson, Tim Schaller

Zero:  Carlo Colaiacovo, Josh Gorges, Ryan O'Reilly, Sam Reinhart

I'm willing to throw Schaller out of the mix as a combination of small sample and beginner's luck.  What you see on the list are seasoned veterans and.... Sam Reinhart.  :wub:

Revisiting Schaller, let's keep an eye on him.  See if he manages to keep that rating with increased minutes.  He may not be flashy but if he can eat minutes without being a defensive liability, he could have a vital role on the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.