2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

I really disagree on this. Max always had his head down and was constantly putting his teammates offside because of it. Ennis is a much more complete player, sure Ennis was offside on the disputed Samson goal (albeit airborne to keep from getting jackknifed)

But Ennis also created it away from the puck by going to net and screening the goaltender.

That's a play Max would never make.

I really didn't mean his game is identical, just the way he has inconsistent vision and will get himself in trouble by not using his teammates. As good as Ennis is with the puck, he thinks he's better than he is and it often times gets him into trouble. Infuriating every time. And no defensive game to speak of.

I really didn't mean his game is identical, just the way he has inconsistent vision and will get himself in trouble by not using his teammates. As good as Ennis is with the puck, he thinks he's better than he is and it often times gets him into trouble. Infuriating every time. And no defensive game to speak of.

Ennis has turned into a solid defensive player. He hits, checks,steals. I'm not saying he's lockdown, but he's a solid in all zones. He's putting it all out there, just not scoring of late.

Ennis has turned into a solid defensive player. He hits, checks,steals. I'm not saying he's lockdown, but he's a solid in all zones. He's putting it all out there, just not scoring of late.

When he wants to be. But his defensive effort is way too inconsistent for me to consider him all-around solid in that part of the game.

Always huh? Somebody didn't watch his back check last night on the first Dallas goal :P

(Yea, now I'm just deliberately being obnoxious)

Well... I obviously meant always except for then!  It doesn't count when we're playing the Stars because Lindy sucked Ennis's will out with a hard stare.  The memory of all of those firm "stick taps" to the helmet ruined his concentration.

#Sabres lines at practice:

Moulson-Schaller-Gionta

Kane-Eichel-Reinhart

Ennis-Larsson-Foligno

Deslauriers-Legwand-McGinn #28, #90 absent.

Defense pairings this morning are the same as last night.

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Pysyk-Franson

Colaiacovo extra

If those lines tell me anything, it's that ROR is fine, and got an off day

Kane and Eichel again.

Oh well.

That, and the dude is already back. Judging by what Ducky has said, he does this all the time, and gets hurt again. I'm worried he's not properly letting himself heal 

New page, so here are the lines again

#Sabres lines at practice:

Moulson-Schaller-Gionta

Kane-Eichel-Reinhart

Ennis-Larsson-Foligno

Deslauriers-Legwand-McGinn #28, #90 absent.

Defense pairings this morning are the same as last night.

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Bogosian

Pysyk-Franson

Colaiacovo extra

If those lines tell me anything, it's that ROR is fine, and got an off day

Anything to get the stragglers off the top lines. Gionta i'm looking at you.

Good luck with that happening on the road trip

And, as much as I hate to say it, Moulson has looked worse on that top line than Gionta. I'd rather switch Moulson and Kane. 

@BuffaloSabres  1h1 hour ago

Coach Bylsma says maintenance day for O'Reilly, Girgensons will not be making the road trip.

The good news is

‏@BuffaloSabres  1h

1 hour ago

It's possible Kane returns to the lineup tomorrow, Coach Bylsma says. "He's skated really well, he looks really good."

@BuffaloSabres  1h1 hour ago

Coach Bylsma has been very impressed by Reinhart's progression. He says goal from O'Reilly last night doesn't happen without him in front

Edited by WildCard

Some real interesting stuff by DD today in the presser. Apparently ROR is not in the role we all thought him to be, but rather is forced into that role because Zemgus isn't in there. Also, he wants Bogo on the top pair, but loves Gorges-Risto and doesn't want to split them; Ennis is trying to do too much; and McCabe is better than anyone thought, and is blowing away expectations. Made it sound that Grigensons is invaluable 

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573&id=877745&cmpid=sm-tw-video

Edited by WildCard

Some real interesting stuff by DD today in the presser. Apparently ROR is not in the role we all thought him to be, but rather is forced into that role because Zemgus isn't in there. Also, he wants Bogo on the top pair, but loves Gorges-Risto and doesn't want to split them; Ennis is trying to do too much; and McCabe is better than anyone thought, and is blowing away expectations. Made it sound that Grigensons is invaluable 

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1573&id=877745&cmpid=sm-tw-video

Thanks for the summary WildCard. I think at this point the lines need to be built around the roles of the centers:

1 - O'Reilly as #1 center and top scoring line. All purpose use with most ice time.

2 - Eichel as #2 center with scoring wingers. Sheltered offensive zone starts for maximum effectiveness.

3 - Girgensens as checking line center. Attempt to build a shut down type line without totally neutering the offense of Z.

Looking at it this way makes it much easier to fill in roles IMO. I want Kane as LW with O'Reilly and Moulson as LW with Eichel. The third line is for guys like Larsson/McGinn/Foligno. Bylsma can tinker however he wants with the other wings to get the matchups he wants.

So he will be traded soon...

Kane-Eichel-Samson? If that line works, it should be a treat.

I think DD made it pretty clear as to why Z's numbers aren't where we thought they should be, what with how he sees Girgensons' role.

I think poor Ennis is getting confused. He's supposed to be a scoring winger, yet when he tries to fulfill that role, he's "trying to do too much." That's been the complaint by every coach since Lindy. Ennis is the kind of player where when he passes, he should have taken the shot, and when he takes the shot, he should have passed.

I don't know sizzle. Ennis likes to stick handle himself onto an island at least once a period. I think that's what most complaints are about. He hits the line with speed and before he knows it, he has taken the puck to the right circle and is turning back up to the blue line because he's surround by the wrong color sweaters.

If he manages to dance through that clusterf--- that he skates himself into then he gets off a highlight reel shot/goal. But most of the time the puck ends up coming out of the zone and headed into ours.

Kane-Eichel-Samson? If that line works, it should be a treat.

I think DD made it pretty clear as to why Z's numbers aren't where we thought they should be, what with how he sees Girgensons' role.

I think poor Ennis is getting confused. He's supposed to be a scoring winger, yet when he tries to fulfill that role, he's "trying to do too much." That's been the complaint by every coach since Lindy. Ennis is the kind of player where when he passes, he should have taken the shot, and when he takes the shot, he should have passed.

Guy is trying to be a center when he's now a full time winger. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.