GDT Coyotes at Sabres 3-26-2015 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

fans deserve to root for the tank.  The only reward for being in last is to stay in last and get one of the top 2 players in this draft.

If Players have a problem with that then maybe they should of won more games

If fans or media or anyone else has a problem with that, well they're not thinking clearly

I'll agree with you, sort of, if there is a fan base that "deserves" last place, it's this one.

Hopefully this embarrassment will expedite changes to the lottery to make sure nothing like this ever happens again.

If there is a fan appreciation gesture on April 11, you can bet your ass that there will be people criticizing it.  Sorry, I paid a lot of money for this crappy product.  Saying "thank you for your patience" is in no way an insult to me.

Lemonade. The fans had a good time at an entertainment event. Lemonade.

And would cancelling the 4-11 events be a way of punishing the fans? is that what you're getting at? Players should build animosity toward the fans and the organization should punish them?

I wouldn't subject the players to ceremonial displays of "appreciation" for fans that actively root against them. If I'm Zach Bogosian, Girgensons or any other player, there is no way I'm skating to center ice raising my stick.

I'll agree with you, sort of, if there is a fan base that "deserves" last place, it's this one.

Hopefully this embarrassment will expedite changes to the lottery to make sure nothing like this ever happens again.

Like the lottery changes coming next year?

If there is a fan appreciation gesture on April 11, you can bet your ass that there will be people criticizing it.  Sorry, I paid a lot of money for this crappy product.  Saying "thank you for your patience" is in no way an insult to me.

I would love for Pegula to stand at center ice and say "I'm sorry, we should have made changes earlier, but that's no reason to be d!cks about it" and drop the mic and walk off the ice. It would be the greatest moment in Buffalo sports history.

Like the lottery changes coming next year?

Like something more substantial than an adjustment of percentages.

I would love for Pegula to stand at center ice and say "I'm sorry, we should have made changes earlier, but that's no reason to be d!cks about it" and drop the mic and walk off the ice. It would be the greatest moment in Buffalo sports history.

Making all top 3 picks lottery picks is pretty substantial.

But it still wont stop teams from tanking.

Like making the top 3 draft picks up for grabs so you could draft 4th if you finish last?  

Why is it all of sudden bad to suck and get better via the draft?  Every single ###### Stanley Cup Champion of the last 40 years has drafted top players and in the last 20 years that has become the only way to get top players.  Now that the Sabres do it we are terrible people. To hell with the hypocrisy.  Lose every game left.  Let Tim Murray walk about on stage "With the 1st overall pick the Buffalo Sabres select Connor McDavid so suck it haters" mic drop.

Edited by Ligerovich 4GM

Why?  This is not new.  John Elway, Peyton Manning Andrew Luck, Patrick Ewing, Lebron, Kobe, It is how you recycle each franchise back to relevance.  I thin k they should award/reward any franchise willing to take the economic risk and get rid of the lottery.  This about every game mattering is nauseating.  Quick:  Who won the March 26, 2010 game between the Flyers and Devils?  Answer:  Nobody cares because the Hawks won the cup that year.  I want to see tanking every year so that other teams get a chance to tear down teams that are not working and rebuild.  Save the ethical purity arguments for amateur sports, where even there the applicability is questionable.  Professional Sports is a business.  Maximize returns while maintaining and growing asset value.   

Like making the top 3 draft picks up for grabs so you could draft 4th if you finish last?  

Why is it all of sudden bad to suck and get better via the draft?  Every single ###### Stanley Cup Champion of the last 40 years has drafted top players and in the last 20 years that has become the only way to get top players.  Now that the Sabres do it we are terrible people. To hell with the hypocrisy.  Lose every game left.  Let Tim Murray walk about on stage "With the 1st overall pick the Buffalo Sabres select Connor McDavid so suck it haters" mic drop.

Because Red Wings fans were hoping and cheering for last place so they can get Steve Yzerman back in 82-83? What a load of crap. If you can't reconcile the difference, I'm not going to waste my time.

After every home loss, the fans should shout, "thank you Sabres, thank you Sabres". Maybe that will sooth the player's hurt feelings.

I was thinking that the first home game after the Sabres have hopefully "clinched" 30th place should have the loudest cheers for the Sabres in years.

Edited by MBHockey13

Oh!  Listening to the first hour replay from the Howard Simon show, he's using our points starting from page 12 at about 12:00 in on the audio.

Oh!  Jeremy is now using our points as well! (16:30)

:worthy:

Because Red Wings fans were hoping and cheering for last place so they can get Steve Yzerman back in 82-83? What a load of crap. If you can't reconcile the difference, I'm not going to waste my time.

I can reconcile the difference, I just no longer give a f#ck. 

giphy.gif

There is a huge difference between accepting that things have to be a certain way and going into the home building wearing Coyote gear or defaced Sabres gear and actively rooting for your team to lose. I don't give a rat's a$$ how much you paid for a ticket, it doesn't give you the right to act like a scumbag. I applaud Mike Weber and I have never been a Andrew Peters fan but in this case he is dead on.

Hopefully last night will be a rallying point for the guys in this locker room causing them to go on a tear over the final 8 games. There are just enough winnable games for the roster to give a big FU to the "fans."

If the Pegula's have any "Fan Appreciation" scheduled for April 11th, I hope they have the good sense to cancel them.

I understand both sides of the argument but I have way too much invested emotionally and financially to get an FU from the roster. Keep in mind GMTM has stated he would move anyone who said they don't want to be here so they have always had an out if desired.

Obviously it's frustrating for everyone and in the moment everyone should be given some leeway. But on Fan appreciation night which I will be at, if Weber want's pitchfork his stick into the stands so be it. I will be standing cheering loudly for these guys. Most of whom I hope to never see dressed in a Sabres uniform again.

and I have never been a Andrew Peters fan but in this case he is dead on.

And I am the exact opposite.I like Petey, he makes me laugh.

But today,he kept repeating that his problem was not with the fans, but with the media, specifically the morning and afternoon guys at GR. Kept implying the fans were being told when to  to celebrate the goals of other teams etc, that how would the fans know what to feel and how to think until they received direction from the "media".Same with the tome Gleason has had this year...that fans are are all idiots who can only get direction from the "media"

Hey FU Peters and Gleason...i am not an idiot, I have been a die hard Sabre fan for 40 years, and was all in on getting to the bottom way before the guys on GR started toting it. As were the good majority of fans on this board.  Friggen Andrew Peters saying hockey was "his game, any joe shmoe could play basketball, football or baseball in his backyard, but this is my game" as if none of us played hockey growing up, and that somehow the only person with a worthy opinion on the subject is an ex-plyer with 200 some game played.

He sounded like the local news people who give out instructions like the populace is 5 years old on weather days. I make up my own mind Peters, and just cause they agree with a media host other than you does not mean i was brainwashed into that position. 

Man, that dude had me pissed today...condescending prince acting like i am the uneducated one.

Edited by plenzmd1

No sympathy for the butthurt fan justifications for cheering the opposition.

It's like going to your daughter's piano recital and booing because she sucks and the sooner she realizes it and moves on to other things the better.

Fans need to remember this suffering we are all going through is 10 times worse for players like Weber and Kaleta.

It will all be over soon. Have a little dignity and show a little respect.

There is a huge difference between accepting that things have to be a certain way and going into the home building wearing Coyote gear or defaced Sabres gear and actively rooting for your team to lose. I don't give a rat's a$$ how much you paid for a ticket, it doesn't give you the right to act like a scumbag. I applaud Mike Weber and I have never been a Andrew Peters fan but in this case he is dead on.Hopefully last night will be a rallying point for the guys in this locker room causing them to go on a tear over the final 8 games. There are just enough winnable games for the roster to give a big FU to the "fans."If the Pegula's have any "Fan Appreciation" scheduled for April 11th, I hope they have the good sense to cancel them.

What? They didn't appreciate my can in a seat this year?

The 'Dead Wings' were a laughing stock for most of the decade prior to that draft.  I think they had as many fans as Arizona does.

No sympathy for the butthurt fan justifications for cheering the opposition.

It's like going to your daughter's piano recital and booing because she sucks and the sooner she realizes it and moves on to other things the better.

Fans need to remember this suffering we are all going through is 10 times worse for players like Weber and Kaleta.

It will all be over soon. Have a little dignity and show a little respect.

i would never have been one of the people either cheering Coyotes goals(outside the overtime winner) or booing Sabres.

But i cannot agree with the 10 times worse statement. Not saying those guys don't try hard, or give their all. But both are marginal NHL talents, and on a better team may be playing in the AHL...that would be 10X worse.And i love Kaleta, my kid has signed Kaleta right above his bed from my brothers benefit, special special place in my heart for that guy.

But Weber needs to listen to Teddy after every single game point out he had 5-6 guys not going, not competing to the fullest...even last night he said that. Get pissed at those guys too, and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Edited by plenzmd1

I think the thing with Weber is he is fully invested.

He gives it everything he has for the team and the fanbase and it matters to him tremendously.

You and are aren't wearing a big yellow "worst team in the league" banner every time we walk out in public.

You and I aren't being called embarrassments to the city.

Why?  This is not new.  John Elway, Peyton Manning Andrew Luck, Patrick Ewing, Lebron, Kobe, It is how you recycle each franchise back to relevance.  I thin k they should award/reward any franchise willing to take the economic risk and get rid of the lottery.  This ###### about every game mattering is nauseating.  Quick:  Who won the March 26, 2010 game between the Flyers and Devils?  Answer:  Nobody ###### cares because the Hawks won the cup that year.  I want to see tanking every year so that other teams get a chance to tear down teams that are not working and rebuild.  Save the ethical purity arguments for amateur sports, where even there the applicability is questionable.  Professional Sports is a business.  Maximize returns while maintaining and growing asset value.

Answer: trick question; they played in Joisey on the 28th not the 26th. ;)

If you payed for years of lessons (tickets) and she still didn't improve, you'd be doing her and the audience a favor with some tough love. Bang the gong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.