GDT: Buffalo @ Bahston, 7:30 pm EST, NBCSN

WildCard

Holy Christ!!! I think I need to change my opinion of Lindback being the starter going into next season. He has been incredible the second half of this game.

Fools gold. Typical unsustainable performance on a night when we again get outshot 2-1 and only possess the puck for a third of the game, if that. 

I want a phuckin' linchpin. Not a bunch of hustling overachievers playing meaningless minutes in meaningless games who will once gain be outclassed next year for the better part of 82 games. 

But it's nice that Nolan can get such a performance out of a historically bad team.... again. 

Time for Murray to intervene. 

GO SABRES!!!

We always criticized Sabres teams for being garbage at the fundamentals. If there's one thing these guys have figured out this year it's the basics. They're just sorely lacking in the offensive talent to do pretty much anything.

Good observation

Its all the young guys

Exactly what are you implying?

Are my eyes deceiving me or do the Sabres have the Bruins a little scared to go into the corners? ...?

We out-charactered them tonight.

Screw the Tank; Lindback deserves the win.

This

You guys need to wake up. No offense but wanting wins right now makes you look really foolish.

Can't think of a win over the Bruins that I've ever been unhappy about.

I enjoy the players battling to win meaningless games. Good on them. Good on Lindback for having something to prove. I know getting one of these McEichel's will be a game changer for this team, but if these guys are trying to win games then I'm going to be right there with them as a fan until the last whistle blows this year. There's some genuine mental toughness going on in that locker room and I'm happy for it. 

Another good observation. Hopefully the 10 players that come back will keep that going.

"Everything is proceeding exactly as I have foreseen."

Star-Wars-Emperors-Throne.jpg

"Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive....."

Will your meltdown come when we don't finish last, or immediately after the lottery?

So what's the likelihood that GMTM can deal the third pick in the draft for young, established top six forward (O'Reilly?)?

I'd rather have McDeichel AND watch Murray swing a deal for ROR. 

That said, as others have mentioned, if we draft 3rd, I can see him taking Hanifan and packaging Grigo (whom Roy loves) and Zadorov to Colorodo for ROR. 

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Good observation

Exactly what are you implying?

We out-charactered them tonight.

This

Can't think of a win over the Bruins that I've ever been unhappy about.

Another good observation. Hopefully the 10 players that come back will keep that going.

Will your meltdown come when we don't finish last, or immediately after the lottery?

Pierre always was into scouting and development.

the Sabres have definitely played above their potential/ability the last 3-4 games.  We have watched stretches like this before and they should be coming back down to earth shortly.  

Ding ding ding.  We have a winner.  They were nibbling at a playoff spot in December... or don't y'all remember that?

Ahh, the frustration of being a Buffalo Sabres fan. 

Yeah.  Take a peek at my signature....

Brilliant stuff.  Two bad it just doesn't matter....

Probably after the lottery.  Until then, it's just a grim resignation to the fact that we're going to blow this.

The perfect ending to this season would be coming in 28th or 29th and WINNING THE MOTHER LOTTERY ANYWAY.

The issue some posters have is that the December run lasted 13 games. Yeah it was above their level, but they had time to come down. Now there are 12 games left, ya know? 

Just watch and enjoy.  They'll bring it home.

Well, that was awesome!   Lindback with a career game, and beating the Bruins in a shootout in Boston, on St. Patty's Day.  All the guys played hard tonight -  Mike Weber has really played well the last couple games.   

Ok, I am satisfied.  Back to the Tank now.  Mission Accomplished.  

You're such a nihilist.

Somewhat fitting, given his name.  

The issue some posters have is that the December run lasted 13 games. Yeah it was above their level, but they had time to come down. Now there are 12 games left, ya know? 

Yes, that's the issue. If they can do it for one 13 game stretch, they can do it for another. Especially with the schedule we have coming up. It's time for TP/Murray to "meddle."

Sit Ennis and Risto the rest of the season and give them any performance bonuses for being good sports. No sense risking them to long term injury. Send all current Amerks back down and bring up a replacement group. And get Hackett his phuckin 8 games already. 

If Teddy doesn't like it, tell him to go pound sand. 

GO SABRES!!!

I don't like the word "tank" for teams that aren't losing on purpose. Since the Buffalo Sabres are losing on purpose, the word is appropriate.

It's appropriate for multiple teams. Your tone obviously shows you think it should be an insult but it's not.

I'm happy they got the win tonight.  But I do want to see them complete the tank.

So, what keeps going through my mind is "what is Murray going to do about this as we head down the stretch?"   This is all on Murray. ALL. ON. MURRAY.  If the Sabres do not finish the tank correctly, it's because Murray allowed that to happen.

Is it possible we can make any kind of judgment about Murray's true intentions? If he sticks to his guns about not interfering with coaching (for example, telling Nolan to get Hackett his games to keep his rights), can we infer from that (lack of) action that he legitimately didn't care about guaranteeing finishing dead last? Given his background is in amateur scouting, I wouldn't be totally shocked if he had the attitude of "Yes I'd love to get McEichel, but if I don't, I'm still going to be able to build a winner." 

It's appropriate for multiple teams. Your tone obviously shows you think it should be an insult but it's not.

Actually, it is. Just because you're in favor of it doesn't mean losing games on purpose isn't something that's pathetic and disgusting and is something that is completely ruining sports in recent years.

Edited by TheMatrix31

Getting meaningless points is what's ruining sports right now!

I don't like the word "tank" for teams that aren't losing on purpose. Since the Buffalo Sabres are losing on purpose, the word is appropriate.

Excellent - you know the definition of tanking. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.