Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

Murray never seems to get great returns on players

If Darcy Regier made the exact sames trades as Tim Murray did today people would be burning down the FNC demanding his head on a stick. Murray hasn't lived up to my expectations to this point to say the least. I hope the future proves me wrong. Maybe the hockey gods will send us McDavid.

Because what Arizona had to sell was EXACTLY equivalent to what the Sabres were selling.

I think PTR meant that Darcy was in the same situation here in Buffalo and got firsts.

I like Murray and I do not have a pessimistic view of the Kane trade.  But he has not been impressive since then.  I don't even think he got full value for Enroth.

If Darcy Regier made the exact sames trades as Tim Murray did today people would be burning down the FNC demanding his head on a stick. Murray hasn't lived up to my expectations to this point to say the least. I hope the future proves me wrong. Maybe the hockey gods will send us McDavid.

Repeat the mantra:  Darcy wins trades, Murray builds teams.

I think PTR meant that Darcy was in the same situation here in Buffalo and got firsts.

I like Murray and I do not have a pessimistic view of the Kane trade.  But he has not been impressive since then.  I don't even think he got full value for Enroth.

Isn't DR helping out in Phoenix?  How many 1st round picks did Phoenix acquire today?

Isn't DR helping out in Phoenix?  How many 1st round picks did Phoenix acquire today?

I understand that.  I still think the comparison PTR was making is between Murray in Buffalo today and Regier in Buffalo before (like the Gaustad deal).

I understand that.  I still think the comparison PTR was making is between Murray in Buffalo today and Regier in Buffalo before (like the Gaustad deal).

Okay he can make that comparison all he wants but it isn't 3 years ago, it's 2015.  Paul Gaustad in 2015 doesn't garner a 1st.  Times have changed. 

I think Arizona got more #1 picks during this trading period because they had better players. We sold our better players off over the last few years. Arizona just started their tank. You can argue they had the top forward traded and the top one or two defenseman traded.

Okay he can make that comparison all he wants but it isn't 3 years ago, it's 2015.  Paul Gaustad in 2015 doesn't garner a 1st.  Times have changed. 

I agree.  But he doesn't garner a 2d in 2017, either.

I want to be extra clear before someone attempts to put words in my mouth:  In no way am I calling for Murray to be fired, or considering him a failure, or anything even remotely along those lines.  I just don't think he had a great deadline day today.

GMTM has had crap to work with because Darcy was first with his hands in the cupboard here.  Of course Darcy was getting better deals because he had more to work with here and he was doing his deals before the 2015 draft was a reality, and before the reality of tanking for 2015.

GMTM had one mission today: complete the tank.  He has done well there, and got some meager returns for it.

The other GMs would call him desperate because they know he has no choice today to but to try and complete the tank.  He HAD to get rid of Neuvirth.  He HAD to get rid of Stewart.  He HAD to get rid of any player that he could and didn't want to keep, or could possibly re-sign over the summer, in order to complete the mission. 

Edited by SiZzlEmIsTEr

I agree.  But he doesn't garner a 2d in 2017, either.

I want to be extra clear before someone attempts to put words in my mouth:  In no way am I calling for Murray to be fired, or considering him a failure, or anything even remotely along those lines.  I just don't think he had a great deadline day today.

That is probably true. I am a little disappointed in the Stewart return but I don't believe DR would have gotten us more. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.