Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

This isn't some weird performance art.  I do think we're going to blow this.  Trying to finish dead last with good goaltending...

Which has been true all season

was always a fool's errand, and Arizona/Edmonton play in the West.

Also true all season.

...and the Sabres are in 30th.

Which is why I wrote other things in my post about why things can/will change in the last 25% of the season.  The things you deleted when you quoted me.

Everything else has also been true all season, except for Arizona's fire sale. Something you somehow know Murray is not going to match. Haven't you been hit by a chunk of sky yet?

Everything else has also been true all season, except for Arizona's fire sale. Something you somehow know Murray is not going to match. Haven't you been hit by a chunk of sky yet?

Murray *can't* match it because we don't have the guys to trade that Arizona does.  Or Edmonton does if they decide to unload anyone too.

And I also said "I'm hoping I'm wrong."  So I don't "know" what will happen.  These are opinions.

Murray *can't* match it because we don't have the guys to trade that Arizona does.  Or Edmonton does if they decide to unload anyone too.

And I also said "I'm hoping I'm wrong."  So I don't "know" what will happen.  These are opinions.

We have 1 top 6 forward.  Maybe 2 if Crusty keeps it up.  At best we have 4 2nd liners if Gus and Ennis get healthy,

I think the way it will work is that we will finish 28th, and everyone will jump off the peace bridge, and then we will win the Lottery, and no one will care.

29th has won the lottery 3 years running, so there's that to hope for if Arizona continues the free fall.

I just like the idea that GMTM needs to do something to ensure we finish last. Newflash: he doesn't give a sh*t. If GMTM is sitting in his office thinking "okay, gotta bottom these guys out at all costs", then he should be fired. 

He'll get what he can get to make the team better for next season and we'll draft wherever those moves put us. 

I'm not one of to put all my faith into an alleged "savior." The future of this franchise in the hands of Tim Murray not whoever is drafted #1 this year. There are too many steps in the process of a rebuild, so many that if the Sabres draft #1 or #2 it doesn't guarantee success just as drafting 3rd or 4th doesn't guarantee failure.

I like was Tim Murray has done to this point. The trade deadline is just the next step and I believe he will do well.  

Wake Up Murray! Is the fax machine working? Lets get these UFA's outta here.

Deep breath, there is plenty of time left.

I don't see Stewart going to Boston. If they didn't want to give Arizona what they wanted I don't see them giving a rival what they want.

Give Arizona what for who?  

Boston didn't want to give up what Chicago did for Vermette

You are assuming two things which I think are wrong.

1) That Vermette had the same value to Boston, as not only Chicago but also Stewart

2) That Stewart's value hasn't changed since most players are no longer on the board anymore to be traded. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.