qwksndmonster

I think I may get a Xbox One this summer. Mainly for this game

The annual Steam Summer Sale is underway. Nearly everything is 75% off. $20 dollars got me 3 games. Unreal

Ah yes, the Steam sale, the ultimate in impulse shopping. I have probably spent a couple hundred bucks over the years and have maybe finished 5 of the games I bought :lol:

think i still have games from my ps2 that i never finished......

That's the norm. According to a study by CNN, only 20% of gamers actually finish their games. Partly due to the fact games are cranked out at a much raster rate today. Must admit I'm amongst the 80% that do not finish games. Not due to lack of enjoyment or interests, but because of the anticipation of the next "must buy." Let me add there are always titles I do finish. Just don't complete every game I buy. 

Vlad Tarasenko wins the NHL Cover Vote.

Here's the first trailer (featuring a closeup of Jack and, still, incorrect numbers on the Sabres sweaters): https://youtu.be/9wQHZVUKWGQ

Really hate any sports game trailers simply for the fact that they say gameplay trailer when it's really just cuts of in-game video.  Gameplay pretty much has been the same with minor changes for the past few years.

Really hate any sports game trailers simply for the fact that they say gameplay trailer when it's really just cuts of in-game video.  Gameplay pretty much has been the same with minor changes for the past few years.

Yep, but people, myself included, keep on buying for up to date rosters and that "one new addition" to what you can do in the game. This year the franchise mode is deeper. Can now set ticket prices, possible change of location, and hell, maybe even set the beer prices. Heard the World Cup of Hockey has also been added. But the beer prices is the deciding factor for me this year. They'll be dirt cheap!  :w00t:

I gave up on EA sports games in 2013. It's so disingenuous to release the same game every year and charge full price. They should release a new game every 2-3 years with free updates to the game engine, then they can charge 10-15 dollars for the new rosters every year. Even that is still disingenuous and messed up, but EA is what it is: a bad company. The exclusive contracts they have with the pro leagues is such BS and bad for gaming as a whole.

I gave up on EA sports games in 2013. It's so disingenuous to release the same game every year and charge full price. They should release a new game every 2-3 years with free updates to the game engine, then they can charge 10-15 dollars for the new rosters every year. Even that is still disingenuous and messed up, but EA is what it is: a bad company. The exclusive contracts they have with the pro leagues is such BS and bad for gaming as a whole.

I liked Madden far more than NFL 2k, but knew if EA gained an exclusive contract it'd lead to lack of improvement year in year out. Now I go 2-3 years for Madden, but still pick up NHL every season. I actually liked the NHL 2k series more than NHL. 

for those into mobile gaming I'm playing a 6 vs 6 multiplayer 3rd person mech shooter called Walking War Robots.

I know the name sounds weak, but its from a Russian developer so it probably sounds much cooler in Russian.

But its a pretty damn solid portable twitch game. It has a few nuances but overall fun game

for those into mobile gaming I'm playing a 6 vs 6 multiplayer 3rd person mech shooter called Walking War Robots.

I know the name sounds weak, but its from a Russian developer so it probably sounds much cooler in Russian.

But its a pretty damn solid portable twitch game. It has a few nuances but overall fun game

Don't worry about the name too much. One of my favs and still an incredible game was "Bionic Commando" on the NES. Cheesy name. And had a cheesy, atari like cover. 

Skyward Sword was extremely long, too. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get to play this one.

I bought a Wii specifically for this game...and never finished it. Man, now I want to hook it back up and play through from the start. Such a good game.

Love me some Zelda.  Just today I started playing Majora's Mask 3D.  Ah, memories.

My 2nd least favorite Zelda (behind #2). 

I bought a Wii specifically for this game...and never finished it. Man, now I want to hook it back up and play through from the start. Such a good game.

My 2nd least favorite Zelda (behind #2). 

Boo! Hiss!  It beats the much beloved Ocarina of Time, IMO.  (I agree on Zelda 2 being the worst, excluding the CD-i games.)

Boo! Hiss!  It beats the much beloved Ocarina of Time, IMO.  (I agree on Zelda 2 being the worst, excluding the CD-i games.)

Your opinion is bad :p

I hated the timer. Hated it. In some games I love pressure and being forced to push forward...but not Zelda. To me, Zelda is all about exploring the world (and dungeons), not a race against time. Completely ruined the experience for me.

Your opinion is bad :P

I hated the timer. Hated it. In some games I love pressure and being forced to push forward...but not Zelda. To me, Zelda is all about exploring the world (and dungeons), not a race against time. Completely ruined the experience for me.

Ah, but the puzzles, character interactions, and enhanced gameplay through the masks make it a better game than OoT, for me.  I also never felt rushed, especially since time could be slowed to half speed.  Having said that, I do understand someone not liking it.

My favorite Zelda remains A Link to the Past, though Breath of the Wild looks like it could really challenge that spot.

It really is. Second best Zelda in my eyes (Ocarina is 1). I actually played a ton of it and thought I was close to the end and then came back from college to see I wasn't even close but my brothers had gotten a lot of the rest of the game. I picked it up near the end and finished it off. Cool-looking final boss.

Zelda is the series that keeps me loyal to Nintendo. As long as Nintendo keeps cranking them out, I'll continue to buy their systems. Will admit though a Nintendo is not a stand on its own console. Due to lack of third party support you pretty much have to have a playstation or xbox. Anyhow, Zelda is my favorite series of all time. A close second is Metal Gear Solid, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy blew me away. Here's my top 6 for the Zelda series. 

1. Link to the Past (Bite me. Call me old. Don't care.)

2. Ocarina of Time

3. Skyward Sword

4. Windwaker

5. Twilight Princess

6. Majora's Mask (Gotta agree w/ TrueBlue. Did not care for the clock.)

Looking forward to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. W/ the NX coming out Nintendo will drop the price for the Wii U. If I already didn't have a Wii U, I'd pick one up just for this game. Plus, you can pick up HD versions of Windwaker and Twilight Princess. 

Edited by GoPre

The latest Zelda for the 3DS was pretty awesome.  You're missing out if you haven't played it.  In the old NES style.

Yes, that was a fun game. Must play if you're a Zelda fan. 

Not sure if any of you are into the Lego video games, but I must say Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens is kick butt. Best Lego game in a while. High quality stuff. 

Just something to think about. The era of physical copies of a game is slowly, but surely coming to an end. Games are being cranked out much faster than previous generations. Mainly due to the increase in gaming companies. The combination of the two leads to a flooded market. So at this point unless the game is one I certainly cannot wait for, I wait a few months after release. Prices drop rather fast. I'm an old school gamer. Going to stick w/ physical copies to the end. Not looking forward to buying/downloading present day games online. And just to throw it out there, w/ a physical game you have a sense of excitement when headed to the store to buy one, and a "rush" to get home and pop it in. That's something I enjoy. For those old enough to remember, this was an experience we had when there was Blockbuster or any other type of movie/gaming rental store. Couldn't wait to see what I could rent and play that night. Now all of that is gone. Simply point and click what movie you'd like to rent. No fun in that. And I'm certainly not into renting games online. 

Edited by GoPre