Better call Saul

bunomatic

After being so immersed in the mind of Walter White, being with Jimmy is a lot more fun.

Except for, y'know, when it's not.

Yeah, you can pull for Jimmy. He's had his indiscretions, but, wow, he's got a ways to go to become Saul. Mike, too. Watching the transformations is going to be fascinating. Is Nacho going to be the hook who pulls them to the (really) dark side?

Nice article, PA. I hadn't considered the ###### car in that light. I'm going to post my favorite "they said it with cinematography" shots in BCS later tonight. I should have some free time to pour over at least 3 or 4 of the episodes.

Nothing's going to beat the toilet bowl cam.

I have a bad feeling things aren't going to end well for Kim. She's so... good? Innocent? Cute? And she loves Jimmy. To death? Something rotten is going to happen to turn Jimmy into Saul, a moment,  maybe like Walt's cancer diagnosis, where he just says, why the am I trying to be an honest (almost) lawyer? What's the point? Imma get me some.

I have a bad feeling things aren't going to end well for Kim. She's so... good? Innocent? Cute? And she loves Jimmy. To death? Something rotten is going to happen to turn Jimmy into Saul, a moment, maybe like Walt's cancer diagnosis, where he just says, why the ###### am I trying to be an honest (almost) lawyer? What's the point? Imma get me some.

Last night's dream crush could certainly be enough to put him over the edge. He sacrificed his dream with her so she could get back on her career path, a much more certain endeavor.

I'm a little fuzzy on a couple of things. Jimmy took that "hush" money from the Kettlemans, and we found out last night it was 30k. Didn't he spend a ton of it on suits, advertising at the nursing home, the billboard, etc.? Looked like he had the 30k stashed away above his office. He took the 30k out and replaced it when Mike brought over the remainder of the $1.5 million. How did he pay for all that stuff?

Also, where did Mike take the money? Jimmy told Mike something like, "You know where to take it." Jimmy then told the Kettlemans it was on its way to the DA. Surely that's not where Mike took it.

Edited by @fakegorbyportwinestain

I'm a little fuzzy on a couple of things. Jimmy took that "hush" money from the Kettlemans, and we found out last night it was 30k. Didn't he spend a ton of it on suits, advertising at the nursing home, the billboard, etc.? Looked like he had the 30k stashed away above his office. He took the 30k out and replaced it when Mike brought over the remainder of the $1.5 million. How did he pay for all that stuff?

Also, where did Mike take the money? Jimmy told Mike something like, "You know where to take it." Jimmy then told the Kettlemans it was on its way to the DA. Surely that's not where Mike took it.

Patience grasshopper

Interesting episode.  I really like the slowly paced episodes that come after (in this case 2) crazy ones.  I think Hamlin is gonna jam up Jimmy and Chuck.

It would be nice to see the little guy screw the big guy but I get your point. Almost unlimited resources vs. Jimmy and Chuck in a lightless house. :doh:

It would be nice to see the little guy screw the big guy but I get your point. Almost unlimited resources vs. Jimmy and Chuck in a lightless house. :doh:

It'd be such a twist of the knife for Hamlin to jam up Chuck with the technicality that he's still with their firm.  Chuck was not cashing out with HH&M's best interests at heart.

That was pretty crushing to see Jimmy's reaction to Chuck telling him what he really thinks.

It's starting to come into focus.  Why Jimmy McGill will become Saul Goodman.

Yep. I thought it would be one moment that turns him, but it's going to be more of a drip drip drip, I think. He'll get that money from Hamlin — ironically about the same amount he had gotten from the Kettlemans — and this time he'll be able to use it to start his pratice, minus Kim and any redeeming value, it looks like. The nexus with Tuco and Gus is clearly there. Mike's about to really go over to the dark side as well. It's kind of sad. I think we've come to really like or even love these characters, Jimmy and Mike.

Did anyone else think the douchebag with the guns in the garage was the actor who played Marco Belchior in Goon? (It wasn't.) Speaking of the garage, is that where Walt places a bomb under Gus Fring's car?

It sure did look like it. Hospital parking garage would make sense for a meeting point w/ people the criminal was meeting sight unseen.

That scene with Mike and the other two hired goons in the parking garage was worth the price of admission for me. I had a feeling Mike would handle things with his usual flair.

That was outstanding.

Yep. I thought it would be one moment that turns him, but it's going to be more of a drip drip drip, I think. He'll get that money from Hamlin — ironically about the same amount he had gotten from the Kettlemans — and this time he'll be able to use it to start his pratice, minus Kim and any redeeming value, it looks like. The nexus with Tuco and Gus is clearly there. Mike's about to really go over to the dark side as well. It's kind of sad. I think we've come to really like or even love these characters, Jimmy and Mike.

I think there will be plenty of time for the metamorphosis into Saul -- among other reasons, I think AMC is planning to have this show run for a while, so there is no rush.

As for Kim, I would expect that Jimmy would figure out why she tried to get him to take the deal and will apologize, and that she will forgive him.

Speaking of the garage, is that where Walt places a bomb under Gus Fring's car?

Very nice, and consistent with the way the show's creators do things.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.