Opinions on adding a shout box?

SDS

Real-time conversations  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a shoutbox?

• yes
    • no

Could take away from in-game GDT chatter, but maybe that's a good thing to eliminate posts not really that interesting after the fact?

I don't follow it at all at the Bills board, but I think I would here. We are a small enough board that I think it would be a lot easier to follow.

Anyway it can be put under its own subforum so I don't always have to minimize it when I log on?  Or make the default minimized?  I always find it annoying having to always minimize it over on TSW.

Then you must be doing something wrong. I never minimize it and it never shows.

Blame the user.  Nice.

Maybe you never log out.

If you go to My Prefs - you can choose not to display the Global Shout Box. I don't have that enabled for me. I assumed you meant the floating window. Having it on all the time seems excessive, but that's just me.

So, I think the global Penalty Box is too much and I will probably change it on TBD unless I can make it off by default and allow individuals to turn it on under "my prefs". I will look into it. I don;'t think I should be requiring people to turn off the function. Opt-in.. Right Doug Marrone?

You can chat on the tab or click the window icon where it says Penalty Box and the window will float.

So, I think the global Penalty Box is too much and I will probably change it on TBD unless I can make it off by default and allow individuals to turn it on under "my prefs". I will look into it. I don;'t think I should be requiring people to turn off the function. Opt-in.. Right Doug Marrone?

A fine decision, Scott. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.