Top 2015 Goaltending Prospect - Mackenzie Blackwood

MBHockey13

The NHL Central Scouting's 2015 midterm rankings are out today, and of course McDavid is #1 and Eichel is # 2.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=749385

It appears the top goalie is Mackenzie Blackwood. If we don't use the St. Louis or Isles picks in a trade, or are able to move up, we should grab him just for his name alone.

Wow lefty bias is crazy. News to me, so I googled, and found this interesting article:

http://www.bostonglo...jexJ/story.html

So Detroit only has one (or currently 2) right handed shooter on their roster. Sabres are ~50/50.

This is a really interesting article... but I am completely lost as to why you posted it in this particular thread lol.

Mackenzie Blackwood needs to go.

Right? He has never won us a single game. His save percentage is 0%, Freaking Blackwood.

Will we refer to him as Woody?

hehe so many jokes

It's a dude?

Even if it is a girl, if she's got the NHL skills I'd draft her.

Edited by LGR4GM

names like Brayden and Aiden and Jaiden and Xander and Brycen and Jacyn and....
You forgot Brodie.

a comic i follow on twitter (jenny johnson) had the following line/tweet last night:

"Are you fu*#ing kidding me?" - nurses in the maternity ward at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles when parents reveal their baby's name

Edited by That Aud Smell

a comic i follow on twitter (jenny johnson) had the following line/tweet last night:

"Are you fu*#ing kidding me?" - nurses in the maternity ward at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles when parents reveal their baby's name

I'm so thankful that my parents had the decency to give me a name that was different but also not stupid. They gave me an important sounding name. My name requires me to live up to it.

I don't know what kind of bar being named Aiden sets, but it's not a high one.

I'm so thankful that my parents had the decency to give me a name that was different but also not stupid. They gave me an important sounding name. My name requires me to live up to it.

Take it easy, breezy. Aiden/Aidan is a fine name, with real roots in a real culture. But the name was probably never meant to be as over-exposed as it is in the U.S. If you met or heard of one or two or three Aidans in a lifetime, it'd be an interesting and unusual name. But once they were everywhere, the name just couldn't bear up under that weight of usage.

Take it easy, breezy. Aiden/Aidan is a fine name, with real roots in a real culture. But the name was probably never meant to be as over-exposed as it is in the U.S. If you met or heard of one or two or three Aidans in a lifetime, it'd be an interesting and unusual name. But once they were everywhere, the name just couldn't bear up under that weight of usage.

That's the truth.

Having gone through the fiery ritual of having to name a baby recently, it's surprisingly difficult. You're tagging a person with something they'll have for their entire life. We waited right up to the end before officially putting a name down ("you really need to fill out the paperwork before we can discharge you"). You want it to be unique but not crazy (we told people we were going to name her "Starshine Bottlerocket" to get them off our case ("Torque Ripcord" was the boy option)). In our case, the kid's going to be spelling her last name to everyone unless she changes it so first names that require spelling were out. My wife doesn't like names that end in "e" sounds because they sound cutsie. And finally, my last name ends with 'a' so names that ended in 'a' were out (we didn't want to rhyme). That's a lot of restrictions.

(We also joked about "Ruella Barbara Pie", so her short name would be Ru Barb Pie.)

Having gone through the fiery ritual of having to name a baby recently, it's surprisingly difficult. You're tagging a person with something they'll have for their entire life. We waited right up to the end before officially putting a name down ("you really need to fill out the paperwork before we can discharge you"). You want it to be unique but not crazy (we told people we were going to name her "Starshine Bottlerocket" to get them off our case ("Torque Ripcord" was the boy option)). In our case, the kid's going to be spelling her last name to everyone unless she changes it so first names that require spelling were out. My wife doesn't like names that end in "e" sounds because they sound cutsie. And finally, my last name ends with 'a' so names that ended in 'a' were out (we didn't want to rhyme). That's a lot of restrictions.

(We also joked about "Ruella Barbara Pie", so her short name would be Ru Barb Pie.)

:lol:

Hope the joke name for the boy wasn't Maurice Ronald. ;)

Outstanding.

When my niece was born 2 years ago, they were all settled on an A name for her. Late in the pregnancy, a death in the family locked in the middle initial of S for the girl. So they knew right away that they had to change the first name or else she'd be stuck with the initials ASS.

We thought about Eileen, but one of my legs is and inch longer than the other so we didn't want to tempt fate.

:w00t:

My dad always told me that the backup name they had for me was Justin Case. To be used just in case they couldn't think of a name when I was born.

#LameDadJokes

My father went to college with a guy named Phillip Space.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.