GDT Sabres at Red Wings 1-18-2015 8PM NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

Sorry J. It is full on tank from here out. Every thread is free game. There is absolutely no point in hoping for wins right now. I will cheer for certain players improvement but that is it.

To finish out of the McEichle derby at this point would be an absolute travesty. Next September when McEichle is in training camp NOBODY will remember this GDT.

SO TANK ON BABY!!!!!!

Edited by sicknfla

Regardless of your stance on the tank, GDT threads are still for rooting for your team to win. Not everyone is on board with the tank, so don't ruin this place for those that aren't. We discussed this at the beginning of the season, multiple times

Mike Harrington has it right. To field a historically bad team two years running with the intent of losing on purpose is ###### disgraceful. And the NHL is a joke for incentivizing the behavior. The whole thing makes a mockery of the spirit of competition. I like what the EPL and other foreign leagues do. 20 teams in the league and if you finish bottom-3 you get relegated to a lower league.

Regardless of your stance on the tank, GDT threads are still for rooting for your team to win. Not everyone is on board with the tank, so don't ruin this place for those that aren't. We discussed this at the beginning of the season, multiple times

This might sound all fine and well on page 1. Check the past GDT's. By page 2 and the team is playing like shizit it tends to get a little pro tank around here. Besides, at this point in the season if you are truly hoping for wins then you probably need to reevaluate things.

The best thing for this team is to lose. I don't care what thread it is. The rah rah rah ship has sailed.

For the record I think tanking is pathetic. However, this deep into it we have to ride it out. Our reward for these two+ seasons of complete BS needs to be McEichle.

Edited by sicknfla

Still think we should keep tank talk to pre and post game in the GDTs as was originally planned. Some people are still indifferent/against the tank and they should have a place to keep themselves sane while us nuthouse patients have our fun elsewhere.

This might sound all fine and well on page 1. Check the past GDT's. By page 2 and the team is playing like shizit it tends to get a little pro tank around here. Besides, at this point in the season if you are truly hoping for wins then you probably need to reevaluate things.

The best thing for this team is to lose. I don't care what thread it is. The rah rah rah ship has sailed.

Just because it's best for this team in the long run doesn't mean people want to discuss it when they watch the game; we're barely 1/2 way through the season. Discuss how poorly they play, players developing, hell discuss Roby Ray's progress with his Speak and Spell, but leave the tank elsewhere. There are at least 5 other threads dedicated to tanking where we can root for the losses. if people get excited when we're losing during the game, and for this season I'm one of them, post in te CHL thread. As for the game, I can't see it going to well for Buffalo. On the road vs a playoff team just coming off beating the leagues best team....At best I hope for solid showings from our trade baits in Joe Louis to make Holland think some more.

For the record I think tanking is pathetic. However, this deep into it we have to ride it out. Our reward for these two+ seasons of complete BS needs to be McEichle.

I get lambasted for making an anti-tank post in a pro-tank thread yet people routinely go off-topic and bring tanking into these threads. It needs to stop. Enough of the double standards. There doesn't need to be tank talk before, during AND after a game in a GDT thread.

Just because it's best for this team in the long run doesn't mean people want to discuss it when they watch the game; we're barely 1/2 way through the season. Discuss how poorly they play, players developing, hell discuss Roby Ray's progress with his Speak and Spell, but leave the tank elsewhere. There are at least 5 other threads dedicated to tanking where we can root for the losses. if people get excited when we're losing during the game, and for this season I'm one of them, post in te CHL thread. As for the game, I can't see it going to well for Buffalo. On the road vs a playoff team just coming off beating the leagues best team....At best I hope for solid showings from our trade baits in Joe Louis to make Holland think some more.

The Sabres seem to have done well in national TV games this year.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I get lambasted for making an anti-tank post in a pro-tank thread yet people routinely go off-topic and bring tanking into these threads. It needs to stop. Enough of the double standards. There doesn't need to be tank talk before, during AND after a game in a GDT thread.

The Sabres seem to have done well in national TV games this year.

Ok. I get it. GO SABRES!!!!

I will be watching football. See all my friends in the CHL around 11:30.

I don't mind discussions of the tank before, during, or after a game in a GDT. What I do mind is when the other team scores and someone will openly cheer for it, or when the Sabres are up (rare, I know) and someone will got all pissed off and complain ,"how could they be so stupid and screw this up,...!!!"

Still think we should keep tank talk to pre and post game in the GDTs as was originally planned. Some people are still indifferent/against the tank and they should have a place to keep themselves sane while us nuthouse patients have our fun elsewhere.

I don't mind discussions of the tank before, during, or after a game in a GDT. What I do mind is when the other team scores and someone will openly cheer for it, or when the Sabres are up (rare, I know) and someone will got all pissed off and complain ,"how could they be so stupid and screw this up,...!!!"

Thank you. I may be disgusted by the team currently, but please leave the pro-tank talk to the (many) other threads, at least before and during the games.

Thank you. I may be disgusted by the team currently, but please leave the pro-tank talk to the (many) other threads, at least before and during the games.

I am very anti-tank, but have accepted the fact that the Sabres stink. I don't like it, but accept it.

For what it's worth, I have always viewed the GDTs as just that - a place to discuss what one is observing while watching the game. Of course, there is the lead up to and then the post-mortem discussion too.

There are many other threads (tanking ...) where members can express more opinionated views on a number of topics. That is where those types of posts and discussions should happen, IMO.

I am very anti-tank, but have accepted the fact that the Sabres stink. I don't like it, but accept it.

For what it's worth, I have always viewed the GDTs as just that - a place to discuss what one is observing while watching the game. Of course, there is the lead up to and then the post-mortem discussion too.

There are many other threads (tanking ...) where members can express more opinionated views on a number of topics. That is where those types of posts and discussions should happen, IMO.

I've accepted it as well, but I refuse to celebrate it and I don't want to read about other people cheering the team's failures while the game is ongoing. Plenty of other threads for that purpose.

It's not just rooting against the Sabres, it's the scoring updates for the worst teams in the league, the constant reminders from all the pro-tankers that they are pro-tank, it's the constant justification of how the tank helps the team. Yeah, we get it. We're all pretty familiar with who the pro-tankers are. We're all pretty familiar with the possible scenarios.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program. :flirt:

It's not just rooting against the Sabres, it's the scoring updates for the worst teams in the league, the constant reminders from all the pro-tankers that they are pro-tank, it's the constant justification of how the tank helps the team. Yeah, we get it. We're all pretty familiar with who the pro-tankers are. We're all pretty familiar with the possible scenarios.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program. :flirt:

It's like in the Matrix but....... Take the blue pill and your franchise will get the next Gretzky. Take the red pill and your team will finish 3rd to last and get a nice booby prize.

I always cheer for the team to win come game-day. But that doesn't mean I'm not hoping Edmonton wins too.

It's like in the Matrix but....... Take the blue pill and your franchise will get the next Gretzky. Take the red pill and your team will finish 3rd to last and get a nice booby prize.

I always cheer for the team to win come game-day. But that doesn't mean I'm not hoping Edmonton wins too.

So you're saying you took the blue pill today?

There's a Giada marathon on the Cooking Network......

Mike Harrington has it right. To field a historically bad team two years running with the intent of losing on purpose is ###### disgraceful. And the NHL is a joke for incentivizing the behavior. The whole thing makes a mockery of the spirit of competition. I like what the EPL and other foreign leagues do. 20 teams in the league and if you finish bottom-3 you get relegated to a lower league.

we are rebuilding. What do people not understand about this? None of our Ufas were going to stay, so get whatever assets you can for them. We tried to build a solid team through FA by signing the Hoff and leino, it didn't work, why is selling off these players that are of no value to your future lineup bad? This is so dumb. Tank on. Tank until the sun don't shine. Do people not remember that we sucked? We couldn't make the playoffs and when we did we lost in the first round? Jesus

It's more disgraceful to act like nothing is wrong and continue on being a mediocre team and making mediocre moves

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.