GDT:Sabres at Carolina 1-8-2015 7PM MSG

Brawndo

The Sabres enter tonight's matchup three points in front of the Hurricanes. They are 1-8-1 over their past ten starts and quite shockingly they do not support the tank according to the Buffalo News this AM. Enroth in net. Stafford is back from his paternity leave. Whether or not you support the tank, tonight is a big game

http://sabres.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020600

Sabres team scope: The Sabres have lost their past five games, and nine of their past 10 (1-8-1). Buffalo has scored two or fewer goals in each of its past five games, getting shut out once, and three times scoring one goal. The Sabres have also allowed 22 goals against over that five-game stretch, including five power-play goals

This is the game we have all been waiting for. A big CHL matchup along with the raping/pillaging rivarly makes this one a must watch.

A little fun stat from this morning's water cooler talk. Carolina is 11th in season corsi at +69, wheras the Sabres are a shocking -851 for DFL. Next worst corsi team is Columbus at -251. Yeah you read that right.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/teamstats.php?disp=1&db=201415&sit=5v5&sort=CF&sortdir=DESC

Also please note that the stats I listed above were for 5 on 5 play only, which is why those numbers may differ from some of the other numbers that are thrown around.

All the indicators are showing that the Canes should be better and the Sabres should be much worse. I don't think both teams will continue to be outliers to the statistical indicators for the remainder of the season

Nikita Zadorov Man Sauce - It starts off with a mild friendly flavor then finishes with a bone crunching hit to your tastebuds

Zemgus Girgensauce - A humble sauce with a bold flavor that works it's way through your entire baby, has a slight kick to it

Coy Hogson Soy Sauce - somewhat bland but comes in a fancy bottle, your baby will be marinated in disappointment

Rasmus Ristosauclen - Solid, steady, and with a hint of don't touch my goalie, this sauce is best paired with anything

You could also go with the slow marinated baby and leave it overnight in a Chiavetta's marinade. Makes for a more tender baby eating experience.

that's a nice idea, but marinating is hard when you just want to rape, pillage and eat a few babies on the way to the game.

But it could be part of the whole "slow pillaging" movement.

Nikita Zadorov Man Sauce - It starts off with a mild friendly flavor then finishes with a bone crunching hit to your tastebuds

Zemgus Girgensauce - A humble sauce with a bold flavor that works it's way through your entire baby, has a slight kick to it

Coy Hogson Soy Sauce - somewhat bland but comes in a fancy bottle, your baby will be marinated in disappointment

Rasmus Ristosauclen - Solid, steady, and with a hint of don't touch my goalie, this sauce is best paired with anything

Liger is officially out of the closet. And a connoisseur no less.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Classic!!!!!

Tonight, the Race To The Bottom begins. May the worst team lose!

I'm still on the side of suspending all raping, pillaging and baby eating for the CHL season. If however you still have a fondness to engage in such activities, I feel that the pickings will be slim. Bitter cold + CHL marquee matchup + weeknight game + canes fans in general = actual crowd in the 6-7k range.

My brother is still very slowing looking on stubhub. This one will be a last second decision on whether or not I will be there. I think I'd actually seek you out in this crowd if it winds up being that small.

Enroth has put in some big performances here in Carolina over the years.... that does not bode well for those of us in the tank crowd. Although Neuvirth played out of his skull, 51 saves IIRC, in a loss here late last season.

My brother is still very slowing looking on stubhub. This one will be a last second decision on whether or not I will be there. I think I'd actually seek you out in this crowd if it winds up being that small.

Let me know if you end up getting tix.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.