GDT: Senators at Sabres 12-15-2015 7PM

spndnchz

Season series: The Ottawa Senators won three of four games last season against the Buffalo Sabres and have won nine of the past 12. The game was scheduled to be played Feb. 20 at First Niagara Center but was pushed back after a November snowstorm in Buffalo forced the postponement of the Sabres game with the New York Rangers, which will be played Feb. 20.

It's awesome to see Chz starting a game day thread. All is right in SabreSpace.

I liked the classical touch Yuri brought to the Panthers GDT. But this is good too.

I predict another big win for the Sabres tonight. The last few years the Sens have really scared me, but not tonight.

I ain't skeered of the Sens either, but the Sabres should be. I predict a case of the Sabres playing down to the level of their opponent and having a tough game. I hope I'm wrong. When was the last time there was talk of the Sabres playing down to their opponent? Been a while, for sure.

Yes we are. Statistically something has to give and soon. We remind of last years Toronto team that was outperforming advanced metrics and then BAM! plummeted faster than the stock exchange on Black Tuesday

That's just because they're Toronto though. Convention doesn't really apply to that team.

I disagree; I don't feel it's inevitable. Analytics can accurately predict based on a stable input. I would posit that the Sabres, as a team, is not stable, but rather is improving in terms of team play/cohesiveness/chemistry. The game they've been playing most of the season isn't sustainable, but their game is evolving. Nolan is building his system around the players he's got. It took him a month of regular season play to assess the team, now he's putting the pieces in the right places and I think he's starting to work on the next phase, which is optimizing performance of the on-ice units (lines & D pairings) to close up the gaps and reduce errors. So where they've been isn't sustainable, but where he's taking them is... or at least might be.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

Yes we are. Statistically something has to give and soon. We remind of last years Toronto team that was outperforming advanced metrics and then BAM! plummeted faster than the stock exchange on Black Tuesday

All this winning, their Corsi should start improving any game now, right? :blink:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.