The Charts (2014-15 Edition)

carpandean

Let's start with where they play. In North Carolina. If there's a restaurant in that state that doesn't have laminated menus, I haven't heard of it.

Are you kidding? Does Ohio have restaurants without pictures of the food on the menu?

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

:clapping:

6 points, carp! I know, many teams to jump, but that's why we have your charts.

Come on, man!

OK, OK. It's there.

But as I said, the Rangers and Panthers need to play more games. Through 28 GP, we can say that the Sabres were 10 points out. Depending on how the Rangers' and Panthers' 29th and 30th games go (and Capitals' 30th), they will be 6-10 points out through 30 GP. If either team picks up just one point in the two games (playing fast and loose with statistics, I'd say about a 97.5% chance), they will be no closer to the playoffs than they are to the bottom (they are 7 out of the bottom through 30 GP.)

The real interesting thing about the Charts right now, is that although it's clear we are a longshot for the playoffs, there's also pretty much no way we're getting back in the tank race against Edmonton and Carolina. In fact we could very easily play ourselves right off the tank chart.

So 9th place here we come, right?

The real interesting thing about the Charts right now, is that although it's clear we are a longshot for the playoffs, there's also pretty much no way we're getting back in the tank race against Edmonton and Carolina. In fact we could very easily play ourselves right off the tank chart.

Probably not, but we were 6/7 points below Edmonton and Carolina only 12 games ago, so you never know. The Sabres went from an 0.44 points/GP over the first 18 games to 1.50 points/GP over the last 12. Carolina has averaged 0.4 point/GP over their last 15 and Edmonton has averaged 0.45 points/GP over their last 22. Those paces put teams in the 30's over the course of the season, so it's unlikely that they will maintain them.

Edited by carpandean

What's the worst 10-game record you see this team generating in the final 50?

I have no idea. 1-9? Sure, why not. I see no reason this team can't drop 9/10 at some point if they can win 10/13 while generating 37% of the shot attempts and with a 105 PDO.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm saying.

Which is why this run is even more impressive than you want to admit.

Oh, I'm certainly impressed that they have continued to defy logic and reason for this long of a stretch. I'd be *shocked* if after 82 games this run bears any resemblance to where they finish in the standings.

I have no idea. 1-9? Sure, why not. I see no reason this team can't drop 9/10 at some point if they can win 10/13 while generating 37% of the shot attempts and with a 105 PDO.

Oh, I'm certainly impressed that they have continued to defy logic and reason for this long of a stretch. I'd be *shocked* if after 82 games this run bears any resemblance to where they finish in the standings.

Alright Spock.

They have not been nearly as badly out shot in Intraconference Home Games. And they have a lot of those. I don't think this team can go worse than 3-7 over 10. I don't think they can replicate the Messy Beano stretch, unless injuries or further roster manipulation.

Given the apparent CHL strength of some of these teams, I think the Sabres will finish in the bottom third, but not the bottom 5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

post-1053-0-67272800-1420896248_thumb.jpg

So 9th place here we come, right?

Probably not, but we were 6/7 points below Edmonton and Carolina only 12 games ago, so you never know. The Sabres went from an 0.44 points/GP over the first 18 games to 1.50 points/GP over the last 12. Carolina has averaged 0.4 point/GP over their last 15 and Edmonton has averaged 0.45 points/GP over their last 22. Those paces put teams in the 30's over the course of the season, so it's unlikely that they will maintain them.

post-1053-0-18904900-1420896251_thumb.jpg

Pretty much no way, eh? :P

Edited by carpandean

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.