Sabres at Capitals 11-22-14 7PM

spndnchz

Everyone talks about keeping our prospects in Rochester to have them learn to win/be a team together; develop some chemistry and comradery. We may not be winning a whole bunch, but it looks like they're starting to develop some comradery. You can have all the talent in the world on your team but if they guys hate each other and don't have fun, you'll never go far.

Everyone talks about keeping our prospects in Rochester to have them learn to win/be a team together; develop some chemistry and comradery. We may not be winning a whole bunch, but it looks like they're starting to develop some comradery. You can have all the talent in the world on your team but if they guys hate each other and don't have fun, you'll never go far.

Absolutely. Kaleta couldn't say enough good things this week about how much he appreciated the coaches and players checking in on him while he was snowed-in, and how things like that make you want to go that extra mile for your team. It matters.

Absolutely.

I assume Weber's spot would be at risk. I'm not sure how that works with the left hand - right hand thing though.

D'oh, you replied before I could fix my typo, lol. Embarrassed. Could be Weber becomes the odd man out, but what about the pairings? Wasn't Gorges paired with Myers before?

D'oh, you replied before I could fix my typo, lol. Embarrassed. Could be Weber becomes the odd man out, but what about the pairings? Wasn't Gorges paired with Myers before?

Yes he was. Even though it hurts the tank we should see Gorges come in and Meszaros ride the pine. our defense should be:

Gorges Myers

Zadarov Ristolainen

Weber Strachan

Works with the left vs right as well and puts our best 6 in the lineup right where they should be slotted.

I assume Weber's spot would be at risk. I'm not sure how that works with the left hand - right hand thing though.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Gorges returns. Strachan has certainly earned his keep, though.

Was there ever any official word on Gorges?

Yes he was. Even though it hurts the tank we should see Gorges come in and Meszaros ride the pine. our defense should be:

Gorges Myers

Zadarov Ristolainen

Weber Strachan

Works with the left vs right as well and puts our best 6 in the lineup right where they should be slotted.

Makes sense.

Was there ever any official word on Gorges?

If there was, I missed it. Honestly, I'd forgotten he was out until I was looking earlier for injury info on Cody Mac. FWIW, WGR550 has Gorges listed as day-to-day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.