Do they cancel the Sabres/Sharks tomorrow? Nope.

Ghost of Dwight Drane

I could probably do that. But what a pain in the ass. It's not worth the gas to go that far out of the way today. I'm waiting till tomorrow morning. Hopefully things will be under control by then.

You must be in Henrietta then? Near an I-90 entrance?

I normally take the Thruway to and from work. It's still closed from Henrietta to the state line. I need to use an alt route tonight. Probably add at least 20 minutes to my commute.

Edited by weave

You must be in Henrietta then? Near an I-90 entrance?

I normally take the Thruway to and from work. It's still closed from Henrietta to the state line. I need to use an alt route tonight. Probably add at least 20 minutes to my commute.

Yeah I'm in Henrietta. I usually go back roads through to Rt 19 in LeRoy up to the thruway.

my sister is in Cheektowaga sent me a photo of her and her car supposedly...I couldnt see the car...or 2/3 of her. She confirms its well over 4ft as of an hour ago.

She was supposed to have classes today at Daemen. Her professor was telling her to just try to get there. She called me to ask what she should do. I told her she lives right off the thruway, it's closed, there's a driving ban elsewhere, and send a picture or two of your car and front porch, then maybe the asshats just a tad north of the band will understand :doh:

my sister is in Cheektowaga sent me a photo of her and her car supposedly...I couldnt see the car...or 2/3 of her. She confirms its well over 4ft as of an hour ago.

She was supposed to have classes today at Daemen. Her professor was telling her to just try to get there. She called me to ask what she should do. I told her she lives right off the thruway, it's closed, there's a driving ban elsewhere, and send a picture or two of your car and front porch, then maybe the asshats just a tad north of the band will understand :doh:

They're predicting 6 feet of snow by tomorrow afternoon for Lancaster/West Seneca. My brother is going to be getting a workout until I get home tomorrow. I couldn't get to Lancaster if I tried today.

Pretty badass photo from plane over the city looking south:

post-516-0-26908700-1416332864_thumb.jpg

My god. Looking at that and a radar map gave me a meteorology ######. Just amazing. I've never seen a storm just sit and dump like that. We'd get lake effect heavy snows where I lived in Ohio, but nothing like that.

My god. Looking at that and a radar map gave me a meteorology ######. Just amazing. I've never seen a storm just sit and dump like that. We'd get lake effect heavy snows where I lived in Ohio, but nothing like that.

The descriptions make me think of the Christmas Eve/Christmas storm from the early 2000s. I forget the exact year, but the snowfall was ridiculous. Lots of people got an extended Christmas holiday that year.

It isn't. Is there any snow between Henrietta and Exit 50?

Have you LOOKED at a map?

Any truck or car that gets on the thruway and then tries to get off at exit 49 or 48/48A can't go anywhere! You just cannot let people get on the thruway in Rochester or you'll just make a bigger mess and put already stressed out emergency and highway services under unnecessary pressure.

The descriptions make me think of the Christmas Eve/Christmas storm from the early 2000s. I forget the exact year, but the snowfall was ridiculous. Lots of people got an extended Christmas holiday that year.

Yes but that one was at least spread out over seven days and you had a chance to keep up with the driveway. No chance this time. I've never seen so much snow so fat in my lifetime. It was 2001 that you're referring to.

Yes but that one was at least spread out over seven days and you had a chance to keep up with the driveway. No chance this time. I've never seen so much snow so fat in my lifetime. It was 2001 that you're referring to.

That one all hit over a 48 hour period, at least in certain places.

Have you LOOKED at a map?

Any truck or car that gets on the thruway and then tries to get off at exit 49 or 48/48A can't go anywhere! You just cannot let people get on the thruway in Rochester or you'll just make a bigger mess and put already stressed out emergency and highway services under unnecessary pressure.

Do you mean a weather map? I now have, but it's not telling me anything. If there's snow around 49, 48A, 48, well, that certainly would change my mind. I thought it was clear from here to Roch.

Do you mean a weather map? I now have, but it's not telling me anything. If there's snow around 49, 48A, 48, well, that certainly would change my mind. I thought it was clear from here to Roch.

Travel bans are in effect for pretty much all of Gensee county as well as Lancaster/Depew. So you can't get off the thruway if you get on because most of the major routes that you'd take once you leave the thruway are under travel bans unless you're going north. Everything from Batavia to the south and west is a mess.

Travel bans are in effect for pretty much all of Gensee county as well as Lancaster/Depew. So you can't get off the thruway if you get on because most of the major routes that you'd take once you leave the thruway are under travel bans unless you're going north. Everything from Batavia to the south and west is a mess.

I had no idea! Wow. I really must be in the eye of the storm.

Nah, you're just nowhere near it haha Like I said, my parents in Lancaster are looking at six feet by tomorrow afternoon. That just not snow you can plow. You can't do anything with that.

The view north from my office is nothing but clear blue sky. If I go to the other side of the building and look south, it looks like Armageddon on the Lake.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.