Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I don't think that Ari will lose another game this season.  They have clearly bought into the tank from management all the way to the coach and possibly players and don't seem to care what they do to win it.  The key will be the two games with Ari but I don't see how the Sabres can beat them at this point.

They'll lose at least two more games; they are a better team than us, unless we do this where Lindback is Hasek and we work like the 1980 Miracle team, we will win both of those games. 

I am in the crowd of the sky falling down! We simply cannot beat good teams right now, or any teams for that matter, this team needs to buy in for the overall good, spare me the crap about playing for their careers and scouts and etc... I want to see the Williamsville high school team lace up against Arizona and their ECHL team. Enough is enough

I am in the crowd of the sky falling down! We simply cannot beat good teams right now, or any teams for that matter, this team needs to buy in for the overall good, spare me the crap about playing for their careers and scouts and etc... I want to see the Williamsville high school team lace up against Arizona and their ECHL team. Enough is enough

Wouldn't we want to pick a worse high school team? I mean the Williamsville East Flames did win the division title this year...

http://section6.goalline.ca/

If the season ended right now, what place would we finish?

Until that answer isn't DFL, I will have faith in the metrics saying we are the worst team by a significant margin.

Your right, just got to keep the faith! This shouldn't be that hard to accomplish, I mean we lost every game in January with a much better team. Just need to shake these lines up or something.

That was something I brought up months ago. Let's say the Sabres get McDavid and then he blows out his knee and can't play well for a year or two. With the status of the rest of the rebuild it might have been better if we'd have gotten Hannefin or something. I know the benefit of a generational talent, but I'm also wary of building a team around a single player and depending on that player too much. I'd rather have an ensemble cast (again, the Detroit model) where the pieces are more interchangeable.

Yup, any good team needs depth, guys that can step up to the 1st line and fill the shoes of a star when he's sidelined by injuries.   

Buffalo Schedule:

New Jersey - Home - 

Nashville - Away

Dallas - Away

Arizona - Home

Colorado - Away

Arizona - Away

Toronto - Home

Chicago - Home

Islanders - Away

Carolina - Home

Columbus - Away

Pittsburgh - Home

6 Home. 6 Away. 8/12 games against bottom 10 teams.

Arizona Schedule:

Pittsburgh - Home

Vancouver - Home

Detroit - Away

Buffalo - Away

Pittsburgh - Away

Buffalo - Home

San Jose - Away

San Jose - Home

Calgary - Away

Vancouver - Away

Anaheim - Home

5 Home. 6 Away. 2/11 games against bottom 10 teams (both us).

Edmonton Schedule:

Philadelphia - Home

Winnipeg - Home

Colorado - Home

Dallas - Home

Colorado - Away

Anaheim - Away

LA - Away

Calgary - Home

LA - Home

San Jose - Home

Vancouver - Away

7 Home. 4 Away. 4 games against bottom 10 teams.

I think we finish 28th this season

I have a bad feeling about this. 

Do you think the day after the last game, Ted Nolan will prance up to GMTM's office with a spring in his step,  all happy over the 4 or 5 meaningless wins he managed to squeak out, enter GMTM's office, and declare in a dopey Looney Toons voice -  "Doooohhhhhh, I won some games at the end of the season, boss.  Dohhhh, do I get to keep my job? Did I do good, boss?  Did I? Did I? Huh?   doooohhh..."     

This thing is wrapped up. I don't even feel nervous anymore. Everybody knows we can't keep up with Arizona... Possibly not Edmonton either.

Pretty much how I feel. After the Boston game it became pretty clear to me that this wasn't happening.

We still have hope and you never know what the lottery will bring. I just hope if we end up not getting McEichel that Murray does whatever is necessary to expedite this rebuild.

Be creative with the pick, go after ROR,etc. I just don't want to add Strome/Hannifan/Marner and the later pick and call it a day. That will push us out 2 more years.

They'll lose at least two more games; they are a better team than us, unless we do this ###### where Lindback is Hasek and we work like the 1980 Miracle team, we will win both of those games. 

I'm a little confused. You seem to speaking in both CHL and NHL.

In the NHL I keep seeing people say Yotes have a better team than us. I don't think so. Are rag tag bunch is actually better than theirs. Add in the coach who has gotten managements intentions loud and clear and they aren't going to win another game until they have 30th locked up imo. Unless as someone mentioned Nolan put Matt Ellis on the top line this group won't roll over.

I know Murray won't do it but when Nolan runs the clock down to 7 games left and that's still how many Hackett needs in order for the asset (?) to be retained he should fire him then. Were looking at exchanging ten games for a ten year player at this point.

Man these are stooopidd times.

Pretty much how I feel. After the Boston game it became pretty clear to me that this wasn't happening.

We still have hope and you never know what the lottery will bring. I just hope if we end up not getting McEichel that Murray does whatever is necessary to expedite this rebuild.

Be creative with the pick, go after ROR,etc. I just don't want to add Strome/Hannifan/Marner and the later pick and call it a day. That will push us out 2 more years.

Think of it like this.   Whoever gets Eichel and McDavid will be better next season.   If Buffalo doesn't get either of those players, they'll be in the bottom 2 next season as well so... uhh....  where was I going with this? 

Think of it like this.   Whoever gets Eichel and McDavid will be better next season.   If Buffalo doesn't get either of those players, they'll be in the bottom 2 next season as well so... uhh....  where was I going with this? 

How much you wanna bet on this?  The Buffalo Sabres will not be a bottom 2 team next year.  

How much you wanna bet on this?  The Buffalo Sabres will not be a bottom 2 team next year.  

That if they don't get McDavid or Eichel they'll be bottom 2?    Sure I'll bet something, what?

I already have a bet they will be bottom 10 next year no matter who they get, but I wouldn't bet on them being bottom 2 without McEichel for two reasons:

1.) They won't be trying to finish DFL from game 1 next year.

2.) We are seeing right now how hard it is to be last / 2nd last even when you're trying to.

I already have a bet they will be bottom 10 next year no matter who they get, but I wouldn't bet on them being bottom 2 without McEichel for two reasons:

1.) They won't be trying to finish DFL from game 1 next year.

2.) We are seeing right now how hard it is to be last / 2nd last even when you're trying to.

Who will the bottom 2 teams be?   ARI with Eichel or McDavid will be better, EDM is already getting better this season.    CAR?  CBJ?  Both teams are better than Buffalo and I don't see Buffalo passing them next season without McEichel.  A full season with Lindback/Hackett?  Reinhart will be a rookie, there really isn't anybody else in the pipeline that can provide immediate help.    And they may have a new head coach as well.    I just don't see any team being worse than BUF.

BUF is just hitting rock bottom after the deadline, they have no veteran assets left to trade for picks and whatnot.   This is the bottom, it's up from here, but I don't see enough changing over the summer for this team to climb itself out of cellar just yet.   Reinhart needs AHL minutes, so does Bailey and Compher and Fasching.... those are all key pieces, but not next season.

Edited by pi2000

Kane, free agency, another futures trade, possibly Reinhart, another year for Risto and Zemgus, a new coach - there are reasons to think we will improve, even if we don't hit the draft jackpot.

And given their current philosophy, Toronto and Arizona will be very much in the race for DFL, with Carolina as a dark horse.

You are going to be disappointed I feel. You don't trade a 3rd overall pick for a quick fix unless you package roster talent to land a difference maker. You may add one piece and create another hole or more in the process. That is the allure of the generational talent. It is an nhl ready, though inexperienced addition,that doesn't need baking and doesn't require you to trade anything.

How much ya got? Cash only or bitcoins.