Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I have tickets to the Penguins game to end the season ... going with my son-in-law. I want to cheer the team like hell knowing that 30th place had been locked up before the weekend. I considered a "Thank You Sabres" chant, but I'd have to berate myself for doing so. That would truly make me a dirt bag.

How many of you remember the significance of the "Thank You Sabres" chant?

I have tickets to the Penguins game to end the season ... going with my son-in-law. I want to cheer the team like hell knowing that 30th place had been locked up before the weekend. I considered a "Thank You Sabres" chant, but I'd have to berate myself for doing so. That would truly make me a dirt bag.

1st season as "Buffalo Sabres", circa 1970, yes?

The Sabres where called something else and where a "minor" league team as the hockey team from Buffalo before that.  This is all memory, no google.  

Game six, 1973, Sabres v Canadiens?

And the following year.....

You got me ... Missed the playoffs?

Edit ... I just googled. They did miss the playoffs. The Bruins scored 349 goals!

I googled again ... Edmonton scored 446 in 83-84! 5.4 per game!

OK, I'm a googling machine .... Three Oilers totaled 193 goals ... Buffalo has 155 this year. My, how the game has changed.

Edited by Neokolai Gogol

What would be the absolute most heart-wrenching way for the Sabres to blow this?

How about only needing to lose ONE of three in a miserable season to secure a generational superstar and winning all 3.

I think deep down we all know how this is going to end.

What would be the absolute most heart-wrenching way for the Sabres to blow this?

How about only needing to lose ONE of three in a miserable season to secure a generational superstar and winning all 3.

I think deep down we all know how this is going to end.

Yeah, but it'll do wonders for team culture.  <_<

You just know it's coming. This is Buffalo sports.

It's an art form with these teams. Fans hopes need to be high in order to be crushed, AND it needs to look likely first.

Then you go in for the dagger to the heart.

The Sabres just took it a step further by letting everyone do the "here we go Buffalo" thing, then lose to make it look like a lock, only to finally blow it.

It might be the most brutal "Buffalo" moment yet.

Edited by TheFunPolice

You got me ... Missed the playoffs?

Edit ... I just googled. They did miss the playoffs. The Bruins scored 349 goals!

I googled again ... Edmonton scored 446 in 83-84! 5.4 per game!

Still not bad for an expansion team, and they redeemed in 75. What is this google you speak of? He is very knowledgeable.