Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

If pro-tankers can't even mention the tank or support it in game day threads then I think the courtesy should be returned. No posting backhanded comments or attacking the tankers in the tank threads.

If you don't like the tank then stop reading this thread. Simple as that.

I made one comment in a game day thread about the tank and got destroyed. If people are going to come in these threads and be insulting/condescending then I'll comment about the tank all I want wherever I want.

Edited by Tank

Except your post wasn't about the tank - it was about the posters supporting the tank. (Some people 'sadden' you, right?)

If you want to whine about the posters, please start your own thread and leave mine alone.

I can't (and won't) speak for other posters, but I'd be VERY surprised if I've posted more than a handful of 'pro-tank' posts in non-tank threads and expect the majority are of the - boy, I can't wait until them winning games is actually a long term good thing again. This pro-tanker has tried to play nice. It might be a good idea for you to try to do likewise.

You'll get over it. ###### this place is sensitive.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I think there's two things at work here. One is that more teams tank than you think tank, I think; they just don't come out and say it. Two is that, as I think CV has expanded upon, not every team is in a position with fanbase, finances, and ownership, to actually follow through on a true tank.

True tank? I guess I still don't get why Darcy and Ron aren't still here. The conventional wisdom is that Darcy sold Terry the tank, and was doing a fine job enacting the plan. Maybe Darcy effectively quit and was given a nice golden parachute?

You'll get over it.

Obviously.

I'd hope you do as well, though not sure that I'd expect it. :)

You'll get over it. ###### this place is sensitive.

Thus why not expecting you to do so likewise. :)

Edited by Taro T

True tank? I guess I still don't get why Darcy and Ron aren't still here. The conventional wisdom is that Darcy sold Terry the tank, and was doing a fine job enacting the plan. Maybe Darcy effectively quit and was given a nice golden parachute?

Whose conventional wisdom is that? Darcy screwed up this team when he started a season with one center. I think the so-called tank came well after that.

Edited by Eleven

Who are the hardcore tankers left, anyway?

Time for a roll call.

What is everyone's current stance on the tank?

I was for the wholesale sell-off of the core.

Now that that is over, I'm for using those assets to build a Stanley Cup team.

I'd love McEichel, but it has to happen organically.

I believe deliberately trying to lose this season to get him is a bad move.

It sends the wrong message with too little chance for success.

I fully support the tradeoff of parts that aren't going to fit here long-term for parts that might be.

Finishing 23rd does not doom us to 10 more years of Darcy hockey.

Taro, I tell you what. Maybe your thread wouldn't have spawned my response if it weren't for these posts. If it was an obvious pro-tank thread then there shouldn't be questions asking about the status on the pro tank. Questions like this initiate responses like mine, if it were a problem you should have nipped this in the bud instead of focusing your displeasure on me. Nothing against Dudacek.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Taro, I tell you what. Maybe your thread wouldn't have spawned my response if it weren't for these posts. If it was an obvious pro-tank thread then there shouldn't be questions asking about the status on the pro tank. Questions like this initiate responses like mine, if it were a problem you should have nipped this in the bud instead of focusing your displeasure on me. Nothing against Dudacek.

Dudacek didn't take a shot at posters. He asked a question.

Had you said 'I'm completely anti-tank and have been from day 1' or 'I can't wait until the Sabres are out of the CHL' or something to that effect you wouldn't have gotten my response. But please, reread your initial post that I responded to and please explain how what you wrote is answering his question and not taking a shot.

Dudacek didn't take a shot at posters. He asked a question.

Had you said 'I'm completely anti-tank and have been from day 1' or 'I can't wait until the Sabres are out of the CHL' or something to that effect you wouldn't have gotten my response. But please, reread your initial post that I responded to and please explain how what you wrote is answering his question and not taking a shot.

You really need to figure out the difference between taking shots at posters and saying how I feel about an opinion. There's quite a distance between between the two.

ex #1. Taro, I can't stand your opinion that tanking is beneficial, you really aren't that bright and your opinion sucks.

ex #2. Taro, I can't believe you and some people would try so hard to prove that the Sabres will eventually start losing again and you actually enjoy it. It saddens me that others think likewise.

Don't worry, I'll leave your thread. I'll be sure to ask your permission next time I respond to a thread of yours. At the very least, set some guidelines from the beginning if you're going to police what people say. I didn't think you'd turn a harmless post into such a distraction when I clearly said from the beginning that I realized I was posting in a pro-tank thread and it was my fault for wasting my time.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This is like when you sim the first season of GM mode hoping for mcdavid/eichel, and the sabres keeping winning and you get annoyed.

In one season I managed to get Bennett, Honka, and (a created) Eichel. And traded Hodgson back to the Canucks for Reinhart. It's a pretty sweet gig by 2018. That said:

For the record I am pro-tank: I figure we can use a top line center. However…. We kept Zadorov up. We’ve assembled a bona fide 2nd line (top for us) of Moulson-Girgs-Ennis. We have goalies who can steal games from time to time.

The tank charged, crushed the initial lines of barbed wire, dodged a few impact craters, and has nosedived into a trench. It is pinned by artillery fire.

Hypothetical scenario: McDavid, Eichel, and Hanifin are off the board.

Given a 4th overall pick and our the current prospects in our system. What kind of player (not whom, it’s much too soon for that) are we taking, and why?

WTF has happened in this thread?!

Someone decided that having an opinion that isn't the same as his own is sad.

I'm still pro-tank and I don't think I've said anything that would constitute wavering at the benefits. I'm wavering a bit that the Sabres a winning too many games at the macro level, but I've enjoyed every win on a per game basis.

I am and always have been anti-tank.

I want the Sabres to win every game. I cheer for them to win every game.

I had resigned myself to the fact that the Sabres will be a bad hockey team, but never supported the notion of tanking.

I admit that this thread is, well was, fun to read and even post in.

Sorry, Taro, but it just isn't that much fun now.

Current standings through games played 12/12.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 30 18 7 5 41

Carolina 28 17 8 3 37

Arizona 29 16 10 3 35

Buffalo 29 16 11 2 34

Columbus 28 15 11 2 32

Colorado 29 13 10 6 32

Winnipeg 30 9 15 6 24

Florida 27 8 12 7 23

All but the juggernaut in action tonight. 1 potential 1 pointer in a 1 bagger Sabres - Cats matchup.

I am and always have been anti-tank.

I want the Sabres to win every game. I cheer for them to win every game.

I had resigned myself to the fact that the Sabres will be a bad hockey team, but never supported the notion of tanking.

I admit that this thread is, well was, fun to read and even post in.

Sorry, Taro, but it just isn't that much fun now.

You'll probably get your wish tonight as my younger will be at the game. He rarely goes to games at which Gilbert doesn't sing.

The Eulers won't take 100+ more points the rest of the way. Things will get more interesting when they come back down to Earth.