Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

not even close....again

As soon as you put together your trade list and it stings a bit to think about, THAT'S the starting point for the other GM. Get used to it, Evander Kane at 23 doesn't become available too often. This offense is complete and utter garbage.

Agreed. Whoever and whatever we give up, it is going to hurt a bit.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago

Taking off soon to go to @NBCSN. Is it possible Evander Kane is traded by time I land? No guarantees, of course, but BUF/WPG are hard at it.

Well we are the few that are happy (essential) he won't be lacing them up til next year. If someone mentors this kid, we are three skaters away from actually competing night to night . Or ..The city is filling up w immature jackasses for some horrible critical mass event . It will be interesting . .

On the radio...interesting thought. Given the love that Ryan O'Reilly gets around here and the not so warm show of affection for Kane, who would you rather have?

For me Kane. Bigger impact and offensive upside.

And I think we get him cheaper given we do a deal now vs O'Reilly in the summer.

I think you got it right nfreeman.

In a vacuum, I'd rather have O'Reilly, and it's not even close. Doesn't come with the locker room baggage, center versatility, stronger defensive game, and his offense actually is just as good (maybe not potential offense, but actual production). That being said, the price could be prohibitive.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago

Taking off soon to go to @NBCSN. Is it possible Evander Kane is traded by time I land? No guarantees, of course, but BUF/WPG are hard at it.

And apparently my preference for O'Reilly is meaningless. The opinion of those in power and the availability of one player trumps my preference. Who knew?

Looking at Winnipeg's roster I can't see why Myers would be on their must have list, unless they have plans to flip RHDs Byfuglien or Bogosian.

Byfuglien and Kane being at the root of a locker room rift and then being traded to the same team would be the high comedy. Sign me up! :p

My guess would be something like Stewart, 1st & Armia

my exact thought....unless Myers is involved

Armia is too much and it could hang gmtm

I think the consideration suggested above is spot on. Maybe a bit rich, but, given my bias, that probably means it's really close.

This is buffalo1000, I have told about the tallinder trade and a few more before they have happened. This trade is ready to happen,sabres will announce tomorrow if they make the trade. Winnipeg has already signed off

Tyler myers

Drew stafford

Joel armia

Brendan Lemieux

2nd rounder

For

Evander kane

Zach bogosian

1 st rounder

I guarantee you this has been presented and up to sabres to agree

- Buffalo39

someone on hockeybuzz throwing this around, i think we overpay if this happens.   armia  + lemieux is nuts.

They will regret lemiex and armia especially to get a headache that is more interested in cash than winning .

Any myers ? Unreal

Rather have Larkin and keep our two possibilities

Also myers > bogosian , then you give a way armia + lemieux + stafford + 2 nd rounder, for a one time 30 goal scorer.

I'd do  stafford + late 1st rounder + Armia but that is about it.

This is buffalo1000, I have told about the tallinder trade and a few more before they have happened. This trade is ready to happen,sabres will announce tomorrow if they make the trade. Winnipeg has already signed off

Tyler myers

Drew stafford

Joel armia

Brendan Lemieux

2nd rounder

For

Evander kane

Zach bogosian

1 st rounder

I guarantee you this has been presented and up to sabres to agree

- Buffalo39

That seems really steep in cost, no thx

someone on hockeybuzz throwing this around, i think we overpay if this happens.   armia  + lemieux is nuts.

Deals that large almost never happen.

That said, Bogosian fills Myers spot in the lineup.

After that, it's essentially Kane and a mid-first for four late firsts/early seconds

Not read every comment here but people seem to think it'd be Myers + for Kane, however I think it'd be the opposite;

Myers would beast it in the Peg where he wouldn't have the pressure of being the main man and could focus on his own game, while Kane's value is at an all-time low and while I also think he'd be a lot better in Buffalo than in Winnipeg, there's still a lot more question marks over Kane's head than there is Myers.

Plus I don't think WPG would do Kane for Myers straight up as they're losing a winger and gaining another defender, where it's known Byfuglien will be playing full-time next year.

Would something like Kane + one of their roster defenders (Harrison/Stuart/Clitty) work for Myers plus one of our UFA wingers in Stewart or Stafford? 

Or would you want to up it a bit and include Enstrom, which would mean sending more back their way, maybe NYI's or STL's first as well as Stafford?

gary lawless ‏garylawless 1m1 minute ago

hearing the deal being framed between #nhljets and #sabres is multi-player on both ends. So E Kane and more from Winnipeg

Way too much smoke out there to not hae somthing going on. If this is the case, the only way IMO that Winnipeg is sending Kane + is ifthe Sabres are including Myers. Then we send a forward rental and forward prospect and get a defender back.

Tyler myers

Drew stafford

Joel armia

Brendan Lemieux

2nd rounder

For

Evander kane

Zach bogosian

1 st rounder

If Murray makes this trade, I'll lose a little faith in him as a GM.  Take out Armia & Lemieux, with them in it I'm not sure we are any better after this trade long term.  I have a hard time understanding Myers in a trade for Kane but Myers, Stafford and a 2nd or even a first would be palatable.  I still think its an overpayment though.  I'd prefer taking out Myers and inserting Stewart or even Ennis.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.