Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

One of these things is not like the others.

Don't go all Hockeysfuture on me Tanky.

I love Nikita's potential too, but he's not played above the level of an NHL 5/6 and is only in the NHL because of the KHL and how terrible we are.

Avs could have resigned Benoit this summer for free.

Maybe the Avs would take Benoit back as part of a package. His best season and their best in many coincided.

Benoit, Grigorenko, Myers, St Louis 1st, islanders 1st for O'Reilly and Avalanche 1st.

That escalated quickly.

Don't go all Hockeysfuture on me Tanky.

I love Nikita's potential too, but he's not played above the level of an NHL 5/6 and is only in the NHL because of the KHL and how terrible we are.

His valued dwarfs that of the others you mentioned.

$6 million is a number one center?

There's a bit too much put into "number one center," "top six forward," etc. when it comes to salaries. O'Reilly is a big building block. Somebody you want on your team wherever he is playing.

That's a fair comment. After the shenanigans the guy has played with the Av's I'm not so sure he stays here long term which would make the whole point moot though wouldn't it?

If O'Reilly was on Crusty's contract I would do it.

But given his history I am really worried he will walk after next year.

I like OReilly a lot, but he is not the player some make him out to be.

I can see potential for a similar career path to Mike Richards.

Agreed. I would love to have him long term. Not sure how to get there though. Either him or his agent have an inflated opinion of him.

That is part of the beauty of the rebuild. Your top two centers and your top 2 defenseman will be years away from top end salary so you can afford to pay guys like ROR. It doesn't mean you want to waste money but you can afford better depth players until your top guys are ready to command top salaries.

Not sure that I give up long term surety with Tyler and no commitment from ROR. I don't want to have nothing to show for this deal two years from now. I guess you could turn him into something at the deadline but still I think we lose.

I think murray is playing hard to get to much, but maybe it will pay off.

2 young players might be asking a bit much lol :D

As on O'Reilly, I wouldn't make that trade without permission from Colorado to start negotiations before that trade is made.

Not that anything good can come out of that, because i can't see his agent telling him to sign long term and not test free agency.

Edited by Heimdall

I think murray is playing hard to get to much, but maybe it will pay off.

2 young players might be asking a bit much lol :D

As on O'Reilly, I wouldn't make that trade without permission from Colorado to start negotiations before that trade is made.

Not that anything good can come out of that, because i can't see his agent telling him to sign long term and not test free agency.

IIRC, a contract extension cannot be signed until July 1st. Any trade for ROR would probably include the caveat that if he is not resigned the Avs would have to trade their 2017 1st Rounder to Sabres as well.

That being said I do not see it being a problem, 8 yrs 64 Million probably gets it done.

Maybe the Avs would take Benoit back as part of a package. His best season and their best in many coincided.

Benoit, Grigorenko, Myers, St Louis 1st, islanders 1st for O'Reilly and Avalanche 1st.

No, just no.

IIRC, a contract extension cannot be signed until July 1st. Any trade for ROR would probably include the caveat that if he is not resigned the Avs would have to trade their 2017 1st Rounder to Sabres as well.

That being said I do not see it being a problem, 8 yrs 64 Million probably gets it done.

Yes, july 1 of their final contract year is when you can re-sign a new deal.

I have a problem with O'Reilly because he is already overpaid and has a tendency to play hard ball to get the money he thinks he's owed. Idk, I would be hesitant to trade for him because I think he'll want 7mil at least per year and honestly I am not sure he is worth it.

I wouldn't trade for O'Reilly until this summer and it would definitely have to be a case where we'd have to have a long term extension in place prior to trading him.

He's good, no doubt, and he could definitely help us but based on his track record I see him wanting to reach free agency and go to the highest bitter. No point in trading valuable assets for him unless we could get him locked up long term.

If I'm talking to Edmonton - the guy I am intersted in is....

Youre gonna think I'm crazy.....

Nail Yakupov. Yes the one of 5G and 6A on the season.

The price for the top line guys (Hall and Eberle) is too steep.

I've been watching a lot of the Oilers games lately (for obvious reasons) and the guy can fly, has huge skill and a quick release plus he is only 21.

I think you may be able to get him at a discount while his stock is low.

If I'm talking to Edmonton - the guy I am intersted in is....

Youre gonna think I'm crazy.....

Nail Yakupov. Yes the one of 5G and 6A on the season.

The price for the top line guys (Hall and Eberle) is too steep.

I've been watching a lot of the Oilers games lately (for obvious reasons) and the guy can fly, has huge skill and a quick release plus he is only 21.

I think you may be able to get him at a discount while his stock is low.

What type of deal would you be looking to do for him?

yea, you are going to have to give up a "young" D and maybe a goalie prospect and maybe throw in a first. The Young D would have to be ready to play in the NHL (or already there) and the Goalie not too far off.

There were rumours in late December that the Isles and the Canadians were interested - the Isles have an abundance of prospects to dangle

Edited by Crusader1969

I wouldn't trade for O'Reilly until this summer and it would definitely have to be a case where we'd have to have a long term extension in place prior to trading him.

He's good, no doubt, and he could definitely help us but based on his track record I see him wanting to reach free agency and go to the highest bitter. No point in trading valuable assets for him unless we could get him locked up long term.

Hah, yeah or trade him to the oilers for their 1st rounder and Yakupov :D

Then we really can have Cojack :D

Keep in mind that all indications pointed to Murray holding out on moving Myers to Detroit for Tatar or Nyquist in addition to a player and/or pick. Myers is playing really well on our shithawk team, and I think that asking price is reasonable, especially considering Myers' potential and development and maturation this season.

I like what ROR is capable of, but I'd need something like ROR and COL's 2nd this year for Myers. That sweetens things with what might be a 35-45 pick, which could be a very good player. I'd almost expect more pieces to be swapped, like some COL schmoe for Meszaros to make it even sweeter for BUF.

There was a sequence in the 3rd period last night where Myers was back in his end and being chased. He threw a pass over to Gorges, the passed missed. Myers got the puck back, and try to get the pass back to Gorges again, the pass missed. Myers got the puck again and iced it.

I personally can't see how Myers will net a return like Tatar or Nykvist, two proven skilled forwards. He can't hit the broad side of a barn and he's a doof.

Keep in mind that all indications pointed to Murray holding out on moving Myers to Detroit for Tatar or Nyquist in addition to a player and/or pick. Myers is playing really well on our shithawk team, and I think that asking price is reasonable, especially considering Myers' potential and development and maturation this season.

I like what ROR is capable of, but I'd need something like ROR and COL's 2nd this year for Myers. That sweetens things with what might be a 35-45 pick, which could be a very good player. I'd almost expect more pieces to be swapped, like some COL schmoe for Meszaros to make it even sweeter for BUF.

The last rumor was Tatar, a 1st, and a prospect. According to some on here that wasn't enough. Tatar only has 21 goals. What the hell we need him for??

Murray possibly might have gotten this 2 months ago. Instead, he was holding out for Larkin or Mantha. Therefore, he will get none of the above.

There was a sequence in the 3rd period last night where Myers was back in his end and being chased. He threw a pass over to Gorges, the passed missed. Myers got the puck back, and try to get the pass back to Gorges again, the pass missed. Myers got the puck again and iced it.

I personally can't see how Myers will net a return like Tatar or Nykvist, two proven skilled forwards. He can't hit the broad side of a barn and he's a doof.

You sure Gorges wasn't at fault at all?

I would do that in a heart beat. Though I'm high on O'Reilly, the question really is will he be open to sign, unless he's 100% set on going to UFA. He has things that this team is missing and no offense to Grigorenko, he's got the ability now.

The last rumor was Tatar, a 1st, and a prospect. According to some on here that wasn't enough. Tatar only has 21 goals. What the hell we need him for??

Murray possibly might have gotten this 2 months ago. Instead, he was holding out for Larkin or Mantha. Therefore, he will get none of the above.

If I'm trading Myers, it's gotta be for a difference maker. I don't consider a small scoring winger that type of player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.