NHL Game Center Question

OverPowerYou

Not sure where this is supposed to go so feel free to move it wherever need be, but I have a question about NHL Game Center. I currently live in Rochester and want to catch some Sabres games on the tube this year. I don't have cable and am interested in getting NHL Game Center to get into the action. One thing i noticed is that it says "Watch live out-of-market games throughout the season. Does this mean that if i pay the $159.00 that it costs that Sabres games would be blacked out? I had the same problem with mlb.tv and the Yankees. I'm just looking for a convenient way to watch the games without having to get Cable.

Very Much Appreciated!

Not sure where this is supposed to go so feel free to move it wherever need be, but I have a question about NHL Game Center. I currently live in Rochester and want to catch some Sabres games on the tube this year. I don't have cable and am interested in getting NHL Game Center to get into the action. One thing i noticed is that it says "Watch live out-of-market games throughout the season. Does this mean that if i pay the $159.00 that it costs that Sabres games would be blacked out? I had the same problem with mlb.tv and the Yankees. I'm just looking for a convenient way to watch the games without having to get Cable.

Very Much Appreciated!

I would guess you'll be considered in-market and subject to blackouts, but one of the Rochester folks will have to confirm. If you are, check out hockeystreams.com.

Very Much Appreciated!

Yes, the Sabres will be blacked out in Rochester. The only way around this is to buy a VPN service like SurfEasy (https://www.surfeasy.com/) which allows you to mask your location to somewhere like the UK. It'll cost you $4.99/mo for unlimited data. You can also get it for your phone if you want to watch gamecenter on a mobile device. This won't work on your TV though if you're using gamecenter through something like an XBox.

I will say that running gamecenter on a laptop with SurfEasy plugged to your TV via HDMI is probably cheaper than renting an HD Cable box from Time Warner.

Yes, the Sabres will be blacked out in Rochester. The only way around this is to buy a VPN service like SurfEasy (https://www.surfeasy.com/) which allows you to mask your location to somewhere like the UK. It'll cost you $4.99/mo for unlimited data. You can also get it for your phone if you want to watch gamecenter on a mobile device. This won't work on your TV though if you're using gamecenter through something like an XBox.

I will say that running gamecenter on a laptop with SurfEasy plugged to your TV via HDMI is probably cheaper than renting an HD Cable box from Time Warner.

YOU ###### KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!

I've been meaning to look into a VPN service, just never got around to it. If only for peace of mind. I know there are many to choose from, any others besides Surfeasy that are worth checking out? Not implying Surfeasy isn't worth it, I just like to research my options and get input.

I've been meaning to look into a VPN service, just never got around to it. If only for peace of mind. I know there are many to choose from, any others besides Surfeasy that are worth checking out? Not implying Surfeasy isn't worth it, I just like to research my options and get input.

There's a lot of options out there. I just use SurfEasy because it was recommended to me. You'll just have to shop around and see what people are saying.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403388,00.asp

Still haven't figured out the deal with the new Canadian version, but apparently I will be getting for three months for free, effective Oct. 8.

Fingers crossed, but I'd pay anyway. I figure there is entertainment value if Nolan gets the team to "compete" and in watching Risto, Zemgus and hopefully others start to emerge.

Cancelled Center Ice today. I've made it official. I want the tank, but I will not watch it.

I cancelled Center Ice on Friday for the first time since I've had Directv (2006). Part of it was frustration that outside of the year they had their dust up with Versus they never seemed to offer discounts for the package. Plus they didn't broadcast several of their preseason games so far, forcing me to find an illegal stream online. We already have a laptop with a busted screen hooked up to the plasma in the living room so I figured I'd save myself $160 and stream all the games with illegal feed. I still plan on watching every game, although I may miss a couple here and there when more important stuff pops up.

I don't know, I kinda think this is when I need CI the most. It's the only way I can watch good hockey.

I know what you mean. I work 7pm til 3am, so I only get to watch on the DVR. I don't watch when they lose unless the GDT makes the game sound interesting,or there are a ton of goals. And I'm pretty sure they won't win/score much, so I won't need it, and I won't really watch anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for the Game Center people. I always got the Center Ice package. But I have used my friend's Game Center a few times and liked it. But the problem was, the Game Center feed on my laptop or tablet seemed to be about 15 seconds or so behind the Center Ice package. And I often text with a few friends during the games when crazy stuff happens. And I would be getting texts saying "OH ######!" ten seconds before and Oh ###### thing would happen, which drove me nuts.

So the question is, is it always that way, and does everyone have that same 15 second or so difference?

I have a question for the Game Center people. I always got the Center Ice package. But I have used my friend's Game Center a few times and liked it. But the problem was, the Game Center feed on my laptop or tablet seemed to be about 15 seconds or so behind the Center Ice package. And I often text with a few friends during the games when crazy stuff happens. And I would be getting texts saying "OH ######!" ten seconds before and Oh ###### thing would happen, which drove me nuts.

So the question is, is it always that way, and does everyone have that same 15 second or so difference?

Sometimes it's worse than 15 seconds, and yes, it's an issue. Otherwise I love GCL for the option to watch across multiple platforms.

15 seconds seams really quick. Sometimes it's longer than that. Nature of the beast. I still think it's the best deal around.

15 seconds seams really quick. Sometimes it's longer than that. Nature of the beast. I still think it's the best deal around.

I was thinking mine was more like 60-90 seconds last season, but not sure how much of that is related to my internet connection.

I was thinking mine was more like 60-90 seconds last season, but not sure how much of that is related to my internet connection.

That's probably more like it.

Yeah. Thanks, guys. It was probably more like 60 seconds. I will probably stick with the Center Ice.

When you get a text, why not just wait 90 seconds to read it?

Ha, this is pretty cool, there's a live feed from a camera on the ref's helmet in the Canucks/Flames game on Game Center Live.

They had a bunch of different angles. Goalie cams (directly above the goalies, from what I saw), ref cams, bench cams ... added a whole new dimension to the video experience. I thought it was a fantastic change, and I hope more teams/games have these options cuz it was pretty cool seeing everything at an on-ice level.

Ha, this is pretty cool, there's a live feed from a camera on the ref's helmet in the Canucks/Flames game on Game Center Live.

They showed that feed a few times ont he TV feed. At first I thought it was a gimmick (well, it is) and the helmet looks ridiculous, but it actually produced some really cool video of hits and a goal or two. This clip isn't that good, but hopefully some more will show up today:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.