NHL Game Center Question

OverPowerYou

I bought a Roku 3 and watching the Sabres game on that now, instead of through my laptop. For some reason I don't get the commercials and intermission report. But if I watch it from my laptop, I can. Any way to make it so I can see the intermission reports on Roku? I like the convenience of not having to hook my laptop up to the big screen every game, but not at the expense of intermission and commercials.

I bought a Roku 3 and watching the Sabres game on that now, instead of through my laptop. For some reason I don't get the commercials and intermission report. But if I watch it from my laptop, I can. Any way to make it so I can see the intermission reports on Roku? I like the convenience of not having to hook my laptop up to the big screen every game, but not at the expense of intermission and commercials.

Sometimes they only show intermission/commercials on one of the feeds. It's possible your laptop has the away feed on? The home feed isn't showing intermission/commercials today.

Actually, I am watching on my new PS4, so maybe that doesn't have it either...

Edited by skaught

Sometimes they only show intermission/commercials on one of the feeds. It's possible your laptop has the away feed on? The home feed isn't showing intermission/commercials today.

Actually, I am watching on my new PS4, so maybe that doesn't have it either...

OK, thanks. I didn't bother to check on my laptop for this game because I just assumed. I've gotten the intermission reports almost every game this year on the laptop so I just figured......... Now that I looked it's blacked out on the laptop as well. Just a well-timed coincidence.

No less than 30 seconds after I posted May and Duff popped up on my TV. :flirt:

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I get that, too (Roku, computer, etc)... I think it has more to do with the MSG conflict when playing other NY teams. Strange that you had them on your laptop, though!

I get that, too (Roku, computer, etc)... I think it has more to do with the MSG conflict when playing other NY teams. Strange that you had them on your laptop, though!

Actually, tonight I didn't have it on my laptop. I was wrong in my first post, I went back and checked when skaught mentioned that he had the same thing going on. You're right, it completely didn't dawn on me about the MSG thing that those games always act kinda funky on the broadcasts on GameCenter. So theoretically next game should be back to normal.

Do you use both the computer and Roku? If so, which one do you prefer? This is the first game I've watched using Roku. It did freeze a couple of times and a couple of minutes it went to standard def. My speed is fine. I'm not crazy about forwarding or rewinding..... you can't see exactly what point you're at in the game so you know where to stop. It's not the same as on the laptop.

Actually, tonight I didn't have it on my laptop. I was wrong in my first post, I went back and checked when skaught mentioned that he had the same thing going on. You're right, it completely didn't dawn on me about the MSG thing that those games always act kinda funky on the broadcasts on GameCenter. So theoretically next game should be back to normal.

Do you use both the computer and Roku? If so, which one do you prefer? This is the first game I've watched using Roku. It did freeze a couple of times and a couple of minutes it went to standard def. My speed is fine. I'm not crazy about forwarding or rewinding..... you can't see exactly what point you're at in the game so you know where to stop. It's not the same as on the laptop.

I use both, but in my case it's mostly a matter of location; if I'm at work, I watch on my desktop, and if I'm at home, I watch on my TV via Roku. I don't really take full advantage of the capabilities because I almost always watch live (so no rewind/FF). I do get occasional playback errors on my Roku that require restarting the stream (part of why I only use "join live"), but I always assumed that was due to my slow home internet. I love having the option to watch on multiple devices and locations, though (including my phone on rare occasions)!

I though that on any device, you only get the away feeds commercials or intermissions.

I rarely watch the away feed, and I've only noticed the absence consistently when the Sabres play other NY teams.

I use both, but in my case it's mostly a matter of location; if I'm at work, I watch on my desktop, and if I'm at home, I watch on my TV via Roku. I don't really take full advantage of the capabilities because I almost always watch live (so no rewind/FF). I do get occasional playback errors on my Roku that require restarting the stream (part of why I only use "join live"), but I always assumed that was due to my slow home internet. I love having the option to watch on multiple devices and locations, though (including my phone on rare occasions)!

OK cool, so it's not just me with the errors. Wasn't bad, I think I only had two. I read somewhere the optimal speed for HD quality was 8-10 Mb minimum.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

OK cool, so it's not just me with the errors. Wasn't bad, I think I only had two. I read somewhere the optimal speed for HD quality was 8-10 Mb minimum.

Yeah same here (maybe 2-3 errors)... somewhat annoying, but it's easy to re-join the live stream and I can live with it considering I'm only paying for 1.5 Mbps, lol.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm having an issue with GameCenter and wonder if anyone else is having the same problem.

Several times per hour I will be watching a game and randomly get logged out & taken to a screen asking me to log back in. This only seems to happen on my computer, and not when I'm using the NHL app on PS3/PS4. (I haven't used my mobile device enough to know if the problem exists there). Very annoying.

I have a pretty good guess of what is causing it. I split the cost of GameCenter this year with a couple friends who live together down the street. So perhaps every time I get logged out, it is because one of them logged in. But I also have my doubts. For one, isn't that part of what GameCenter is? Obviously sharing an account would be, erm, frowned upon, but you're supposed to be able to access GameCenter on as many devices as you want, wherever you want -- so why would it kick me off one device for logging on another, even if it is at a different location? And secondly, there have been times that I get logged out where I am certain neither of these friends are at home, and therefor most likely not using the service (unless on a mobile device). 

My only other guess would be something to do with my browser. I've tried both Chrome and IE and experienced the problem in both, but perhaps there is some kind of setting to do with my cookies that cause them to expire after X amount of time, thus logging me out? 

Any input would be appreciated! The simple solution would be just to use the PS4 app, but for some reason I never seem to achieve 1080p HD on the PS4 app. Only on my computer.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm having an issue with GameCenter and wonder if anyone else is having the same problem.

Several times per hour I will be watching a game and randomly get logged out & taken to a screen asking me to log back in. This only seems to happen on my computer, and not when I'm using the NHL app on PS3/PS4. (I haven't used my mobile device enough to know if the problem exists there). Very annoying.

I have a pretty good guess of what is causing it. I split the cost of GameCenter this year with a couple friends who live together down the street. So perhaps every time I get logged out, it is because one of them logged in. But I also have my doubts. For one, isn't that part of what GameCenter is? Obviously sharing an account would be, erm, frowned upon, but you're supposed to be able to access GameCenter on as many devices as you want, wherever you want -- so why would it kick me off one device for logging on another, even if it is at a different location? And secondly, there have been times that I get logged out where I am certain neither of these friends are at home, and therefor most likely not using the service (unless on a mobile device). 

My only other guess would be something to do with my browser. I've tried both Chrome and IE and experienced the problem in both, but perhaps there is some kind of setting to do with my cookies that cause them to expire after X amount of time, thus logging me out? 

Any input would be appreciated! The simple solution would be just to use the PS4 app, but for some reason I never seem to achieve 1080p HD on the PS4 app. Only on my computer.

I haven't had this happen with GCL streaming via Chrome browser or Roku channel on my tv.  I know hockeystreams has some kind of rule about not being logged in on more than one of the same type of device at a time (i.e. Roku and iPad would be okay; two Rokus using the same account would not), so maybe something similar applies to GCL?

Cancelled Center Ice today. I've made it official. I want the tank, but I will not watch it.

If you won't watch the actual games, the "high"lights that nhl.com provides are quite detailed. I am apparently embarrassingly enamored with my daily standings check . This consists of watching the reports of old and un talented seal get beaten daily (that I do love) as I gleefully check to see how close it is to being actually dead. I also enjoy looking at the future veal and lambs being fattened up in the sabres prospects not good enough to be sold at market to see which will be sacrificed before the screaming masses.. It's a change from watching the old version of the sport ... but oh .. The joy .

Edited by K8prisoner

Perhaps somebody else has your log-in info. Try changing your password and see if that helps. And yes, you will get logged out if somebody else logs in. 

Perhaps somebody else has your log-in info. Try changing your password and see if that helps. And yes, you will get logged out if somebody else logs in.

I think bio is right, though. You only get logged out if a similar device logs in.

I had an issue of getting knocked off the AppleTV earlier in the year. I never did it because the problem went away, but I heard something about calling customer service and them syncing your GCL account to your iTunes to make the issue go away.

Anyone have experience transferring NHL Center Ice package from one household to another?

I have Time Warner in Austin TX, moving back to Rochester this week, where I will have Time Warner.  Sounds easy to transfer, hypothetically, but I thought I'd throw this out there before calling TWC and asking.   Thanks.

GCL: the other day my PS3 GC was doing exactly what you were talking about, although it kept making me log back into Playstation Network so I chalked it up to that. As for "as many devices, etc." I never thought to look, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a case that you can watch on any device anywhere, but not more than one device at a time.

GCL: the other day my PS3 GC was doing exactly what you were talking about, although it kept making me log back into Playstation Network so I chalked it up to that. As for "as many devices, etc." I never thought to look, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a case that you can watch on any device anywhere, but not more than one device at a time.

You can watch on more than one at a time.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to post on an ancient topic but I have another inquiry. I recently moved to Albany from Rochester. I went on nhl.com to sign up for game center and it said the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils would be blacked out. To me that's a given because of the location. But it also said that the SABRES would be blacked out. I thought that by being out here I would now be able to purchase gamecenter to watch all the Sabres games. So I'm wondering if that's the case. Some websites say that only SABRES HOME GAMES will be blacked out because the home games are the only ones that show on MSG in this area. Does anyone know?

Sorry to post on an ancient topic but I have another inquiry. I recently moved to Albany from Rochester. I went on nhl.com to sign up for game center and it said the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils would be blacked out. To me that's a given because of the location. But it also said that the SABRES would be blacked out. I thought that by being out here I would now be able to purchase gamecenter to watch all the Sabres games. So I'm wondering if that's the case. Some websites say that only SABRES HOME GAMES will be blacked out because the home games are the only ones that show on MSG in this area. Does anyone know?

I can't speak for Sabres games. But down here, ALL Panthers games are blacked out. Doesn't mean it's the same where you are. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.