GDT - Sabres at Leafs

inkman

So I'm seeing a call for the suspension of Torrey Mitchell. Thoughts?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/torrey-mitchell-just-doesnt-get-it-so-he-should-sit/

What a hyperbolic piece of crap article. Mitchell makes contact with Fransen just inside the faceoff circle 15+ feet from the end boards. Where is it going to end? If a player looks at the boards 80 feet away?

That hit was nothing like the foster hit which was initiated 3 feet from the end boards. The writer is a joke.

So I'm seeing a call for the suspension of Torrey Mitchell. Thoughts?

http://www.thehockey...-he-should-sit/

A farce and that writer should be suspended for ignorance and non-factual reporting. Mitchell's hit occurs in every game of every season. It's two players initiating contact on their way to play a puck. Nothing is ever called and Mitchell did nothing wrong to warrant a penalty. Franson, from the appearance, did not have himself braced for contact. Mitchell hits his hip area and Franson loses his balance.

What a hyperbolic piece of crap article. Mitchell makes contact with Fransen just inside the faceoff circle 15+ feet from the end boards. Where is it going to end? If a player looks at the boards 80 feet away?

That hit was nothing like the foster hit which was initiated 3 feet from the end boards. The writer is a joke.

And by my eyes the push was sideways, not into the boards. I'm not sure Mitchell could do anything else on that play and continue to be an NHL'er.

All it takes is 1 preseason game for a player to jump from sure-fire bust to a better prospect than our 2nd overall. Darcy really aught to write the kid an apology letter.

IF they both reach their potential Grigo is the more gifted offensive player. Reinhart is the more gifted all around player. They play completely different games. Don't think anybody has labeled either a bust. Just nice to see one of them making obvious improvements in his game.

@qwksndmonster - I love your signature! Everytime Liger posts anything I always see his signature quoting himself. Liger I've enjoyed reading your posts, especially the last few months and appreciate your knowledge of prospects but dude, I can't believe you are quoting yourself in your sig. Gotta get that out of there.

Ok 26 Corner Blitz has gone AWOL around here but is very active on another board. Who was it that pissed him off? I want names because I miss the constant flow of information that he would post.

He's a good poster, but you could also create a twitter and follow some people to the same effect. No offense to him

He's a good poster, but you could also create a twitter and follow some people to the same effect. No offense to him

I have a hard enough time following stuff here, taking care of my work, and trying to keep up with other news items/with my friends and family. someone who takes the time to compile everything for some of us who are strapped for time is really useful. I have a twitter acct, but I only check it a few times a week. I'm finding myself on facebook less and less even. Social media is becoming too hard to follow. God...I hate being a responsible adult :sick: :sick:

I sorta hated to say anything (and almost did not) -- I've tried (with middling success) to get away from correcting people on inconsequential items (here and elsewhere).

I watched it again a few times. Again, I think that's a good play by Hodgson and a great (borderline excellent) play by Grigo.

Glad you did. It was an obvious error. I fell off the the third rung of a ladder yesterday. Ouch. Family telling me I'm not acting too sharp.

Hopefully will get some updates on the injured later today:

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2014/09/29/kaleta-larsson-undergo-injury-evaluations/

"They both went to see doctors and probably are just finishing up in the last half hour or so," head coach Ted Nolan said early Monday afternoon after practice. "I'll get an official report as soon as I talk to the medical staff and see what the final results are. We'll go from there.

All it takes is 1 preseason game for a player to jump from sure-fire bust to a better prospect than our 2nd overall. Darcy really aught to write the kid an apology letter.

This is a very unfair strawman. There have a been a few of us who have watched Grigorenko closely and his performance last night was in no way a surprise. His development and maturity have followed an arc since all of that nonsense surrounding his being sent down was sorted out. It's just that a lot of people wanted to deny that development arc. We'll see over the next few weeks if it's for real; I suspect it is based on everything I have seen from him over the past year.

This is a very unfair strawman. There have a been a few of us who have watched Grigorenko closely and his performance last night was in no way a surprise. His development and maturity have followed an arc since all of that nonsense surrounding his being sent down was sorted out. It's just that a lot of people wanted to deny that development arc. We'll see over the next few weeks if it's for real; I suspect it is based on everything I have seen from him over the past year.

I'm giving the entire team a long leash. I'm really just expecting to see compete. (Ouch, Im using compete as a noun now too).

The only ones with shorter leashes are really Foligno, Hodgson, Ennis, and Myers. They have to show they belong here going forward.

Sounds like Grigs enjoys playing with Hodgson:

“It was a fantastic pass, a backhand saucer that he made,” Grigorenko said. “Honestly, it’s probably the best player I’ve ever played with in my life. Every time I was skating and thinking it would be nice to have a pass, I had it on my tape already.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/hodgsons-new-spot-takes-wing-sabres-fall-to-leafs-20140929

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.