Traverse City Tournament: Sept. 12 - Sept. 16

nfreeman

Wow looks like another loss 2-1 in overtime. Not good and what bothers me is a player like Armia and Catenucci not getting on the score sheet in either game. Looks like even the young Buffalo prospects are having trouble scoring. Kinda disturbing with all these picks.

Bothers me too, however Armia did have an assist today.

Wow looks like another loss 2-1 in overtime. Not good and what bothers me is a player like Armia and Catenucci not getting on the score sheet in either game. Looks like even the young Buffalo prospects are having trouble scoring. Kinda disturbing with all these picks.

Catenacci is one season away from not even being considered a prospect. He was a mid round pick, why the concern? Armia was the Amerks leading scorer in the playoffs. He'll be fine.

Catenacci is one season away from not even being considered a prospect. He was a mid round pick, why the concern? Armia was the Amerks leading scorer in the playoffs. He'll be fine.

I guess to me, i'm just concerned about his play. He's a 21 year old who has 3 years of experience against men. He should be dominating some of these games. The overall picture, wins and loses, i could careless about. Of course it's always nice to win. Hate picking on Armia, guess this AHL season will tell us quite a bit about him though. He had 6 points in 5 playoff games, i just have my doubts he can continue that kind of streak in the AHL or even a ppg rate based on what i've seen from him so far.

Edited by Moulson26

I guess to me, i'm just concerned about his play. He's a 21 year old who has 3 years of experience against men. He should be dominating some of these games. The overall picture, wins and loses, i could careless about. Of course it's always nice to win. Hate picking on Armia, guess this AHL season will tell us quite a bit about him though. He had 6 points in 5 playoff games, i just have my doubts he can continue that kind of streak in the AHL or even a ppp rate based on what i've seen from him so far.

Catenacci doesn't really factor into the future. Anything he contributes would be a surprising bonus.

I know. Only about 390 more days!

I don't know about that I'm glad that hockey is back but hopefully this will be the last year of the tank. It's painful to go through but I believe this is necessary for Buffalo to be a cup contender. Hoping we finish at the bottom and the Isles get the injury bug this year. This also ran $hit was getting old.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Armia — despite the no points, again — is being touted as the Sabres most dangerous forward last night.

I think this is his crucial year.

The plan is to give him all kinds of top six minutes in Rochester for the first half in the hope he can produce at a 30-goal pace.

Then they want to be able to call him up to fill the roster spot of Stewart/Stafford after the trade deadline in preparation for a full-time shot in Buffalo next year.

If he finishes the year at under a 20-goal pace in the AHL and/or doesn't warrant that spring call-up, I think the bust conversation should start in earnest.

I think we'll see Armia in Buffalo at some point this season, whether or not he's majorly successful in Rochester. Some guys need to play against the best to be at their best, and it might be the case with him. He'll play most of the year in Rochester but I can see him getting a callup later.

I see in the New's Tyler Myer's article that he is seeing sports psychologist.

Would love to be a fly on the wall for that!

It is typical stuff, really.

Shrink: Now, Tyler, do you feel you are seeing the ice well?

Tyler: Yes, of course. Better than ever actually.

Shrink: And we talked about your skating last time?

Tyler: Yes, the skating feels good.

Shrink: And we explored issues about the uniform....

Tyler: Yes, I know it is an NHL uniform now. ..

Shrink: I hear a "but" in your tone of voice;what is the "but"?

Tyler: Well, in my mind I know it says Buffalo Sabres, but I seem to play my best when I imagine it is a giant bunny suit.

Shrink: Do you see yourself as a Giant Bunny, or an NHL player wearing a Bunny Suit? This is important.

Tyler: Definitely an NHL player wearing a Bunny Suit. I'm human of course, but wearing a Bunny Suit.

Tyler: Yes, of course. Better than ever actually.

Shrink: And we talked about your skating last time?

Tyler: Yes, the skating feels good.

Tyler: Well, in my mind I know it says Buffalo Sabres, but I seem to play my best when I imagine it is a giant bunny suit.

Shrink: Do you see yourself as a Giant Bunny, or an NHL player wearing a Bunny Suit? This is important.

Tyler: Definitely an NHL player wearing a Bunny Suit. I'm human of course, but wearing a Bunny Suit.

:worthy:

Tyler: Yes, of course. Better

ha ha!!

Armia — despite the no points, again — is being touted as the Sabres most dangerous forward last night.

I think this is his crucial year.

The plan is to give him all kinds of top six minutes in Rochester for the first half in the hope he can produce at a 30-goal pace.

Then they want to be able to call him up to fill the roster spot of Stewart/Stafford after the trade deadline in preparation for a full-time shot in Buffalo next year.

If he finishes the year at under a 20-goal pace in the AHL and/or doesn't warrant that spring call-up, I think the bust conversation should start in earnest.

I havn't seen any games but based on reports of those who are there, Armia, Samuel-Thomas and Reinhart have all played very well. Which makes me scratch my head since they have no points and have been a line. Not sure how three of our best players can play together and not produce a single point as a line?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.