Official: NHL expanding to Vegas for '17-18

Hoss

I live in Las Vegas and we don't have enough hockey fans here to fill a 16,000 seat arena on a nightly basis. NHL is stupid for even thinking about Vegas. Why not look at Arizona and Florida and try to help them out instead of adding a third team to that list that would struggle to fill seats.

Agreed. Apart from the fact that I think expansion in general is a terrible idea when you already have franchises that are not well-supported by their fanbases (Panthers, cough, cough), I have a hard time picturing a successful one in Vegas. There are far too many other (less expensive) things for visitors to do there, and no idea how much interest there would be from permanent residents.

I live in Vegas and will tell u it's not gonna work. MLS team good chance because of all the Hispanic population but hockey big fat negative.

I really want at least one team added to the East, so the Red Wings can go back to the west where they belong. If the time zone thing is really that tough, I'm sure detroit could petition the State to go CST.

They screwed up the re-alignment. They should have created a "Great Lakes" division when they had the chance.... Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, and Pittsburgh. That would be great.

They screwed up the re-alignment. They should have created a "Great Lakes" division when they had the chance.... Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, and Pittsburgh. That would be great.

Ultimately, they didn't want to take Crosby out of east coast market games, although the official reason was that the Philly Pitt rivalry was too important.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.