SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

I'm only for it as i think it takes a slightly higher but of football accumen to know who will theow the most TDs in any given season, minus Brady & Rogers.

Fair enough.  Not to give away my secrets but I thought I always could gain a competitive advantage by waiting to draft a QB.  I would borderline laugh at anyone taking Rogers in the first round etc. as it was wayyy too early for a QB.  Now these ppl will be rewarded.....

Fair enough. Not to give away my secrets but I thought I always could gain a competitive advantage by waiting to draft a QB. I would borderline laugh at anyone taking Rogers in the first round etc. as it was wayyy too early for a QB. Now these ppl will be rewarded.....

Ive drafted Rogers/Brady/Brees in the late first round in nearly every draft I've been in and have never (minus one bad year from Brees) been disappointed. I think its way harder to gauge the 8th best RB. You can get the same production from a guy in the 5th round as a late 1st rd RB. QB in the 5th? Unless you lucked into Cam like i did last year in a different league, you could be drafting Tannehill or Bridgewater at that point.

Ive drafted Rogers/Brady/Brees in the late first round in nearly every draft I've been in and have never (minus one bad year from Brees) been disappointed. I think its way harder to gauge the 8th best RB. You can get the same production from a guy in the 5th round as a late 1st rd RB. QB in the 5th? Unless you lucked into Cam like i did last year in a different league, you could be drafting Tannehill or Bridgewater at that point.

See I'm the opposite.  I've drafted QB early once or twice and am always disappointed.  I feel like I'm ALWAYS scrambling for RB's when I do that.  If I go get my stud RB and WR in first couple of rounds (usually 2 high end RB if I can) then I feel confident.  I agree with you that it is somewhat difficult to gauge the 8th best running back.  But it's way harder to gauge the 14th best running back which is likely who you will be selecting as your RB2.  There are always QB's late that are serviceable for you in a 4TD QB league IMO.  I do usually play in 10 team leagues so in a 12 team you are looking at lower end starters if you wait until the very end to pick them.  But in my 10 team last year I got Brady late in one league.  I just find I can evaluate QB that can work for me easier then evaluating late round running backs and constantly scouring the waiver wire for them.  Just a different philosophy which makes this game fun.

Edited by Derrico

Brady last year was a gift at the hands Roger Goodell awaiting until the 11 O'Clock hour to hand out Brady's discipline. He was drafted behind some pretty mediocre QBs unless you had your draft 1 week before the season opener.

That's fair but my point still holds true that I have an easier ability to identifying mid round QB then identifying midround RB :P

As I said, I'll go with majority.  Our league will have some pretty high scoring games being PPR and if we move to 6 point QB TD's.

Can I keep my wins from last year?  :lol:

Only if I can. I'm going to need them just to reach .500

I'm ok for 6.

I'd like to vote now also on the possibility of making it a partial keeper league. If we want to do this, we should decide before the draft.

I'd like this too.

League rules have now been changed to 6 point TD for QB.

We can vote on having a one player keeper league.  I vote no on that.

Can we please have the draft on a night that Woody can attend so he doesn't have an excuse for losing this year?  :P

This!

Just a thought here, and it's outside the box, so if nobody likes it then no problem.  What if (starting next years draft) the team that wins the championship gets to choose which position they want to start in the draft the next year?  The runner up would get second choice etc., all the way down to the team that comes in last getting whichever of the 12 spots in the draft is left?  It would be the reverse tanking type of thing that hockey has.  This may encourage people to still make lineup changes etc. late in the season even if they're out of the playoffs.  It's not a huge incentive as it would still be a snake draft format but would probably give the slightest of advantages.  Thoughts?

I'm ok for 6.

I'd like to vote now also on the possibility of making it a partial keeper league. If we want to do this, we should decide before the draft.

I like the partial keeper idea

Just a thought here, and it's outside the box, so if nobody likes it then no problem.  What if (starting next years draft) the team that wins the championship gets to choose which position they want to start in the draft the next year?  The runner up would get second choice etc., all the way down to the team that comes in last getting whichever of the 12 spots in the draft is left?  It would be the reverse tanking type of thing that hockey has.  This may encourage people to still make lineup changes etc. late in the season even if they're out of the playoffs.  It's not a huge incentive as it would still be a snake draft format but would probably give the slightest of advantages.  Thoughts?

I like this too!

Just a thought here, and it's outside the box, so if nobody likes it then no problem. What if (starting next years draft) the team that wins the championship gets to choose which position they want to start in the draft the next year? The runner up would get second choice etc., all the way down to the team that comes in last getting whichever of the 12 spots in the draft is left? It would be the reverse tanking type of thing that hockey has. This may encourage people to still make lineup changes etc. late in the season even if they're out of the playoffs. It's not a huge incentive as it would still be a snake draft format but would probably give the slightest of advantages. Thoughts?

I vote no. But that's mostly because I'm terrible

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.