Development camp - Blue & Gold scrimmage

BuffaloBorn

Carrier looks like he's heading to the AHL without a doubt. He might force his way into Buffalo. Liam Pecararo has been all over. Changes he gets signed?

Lemieux what a steal.. hes gonna be a stud

Starting with the Second biggest player on the ice :P Awesome sauce.

Period 2 Notes: Play pretty sloppy

Love how Risto sets up his shot away from the puck.

Pecararo is a nice little player, takes what's given to him.

Carrier with a nifty toe drag.

Good on Kea for standing up for the period 1 shot on him.

Lemieux chirps as advertised.

Catenacci seems a step ahead of his line.

Cornell had a nice period on the boards.

Man J Sam-T looks big.

Finally got the Livestream near the end of 2.

How's the big guys done thus far? For example Girgensons, Grigs, Risto, Zadorov, etc.

Blue on the board.

3 of 4 Goals have been scored by Camp Invitees.

Didn't last year an invitee get a hattrick? Or was that two years ago.

Edited by thewookie1

I'm liking Risto's game. If I were a betting man I'd wager he makes the team.

I'm liking Lemieux, but he needs to grow more before he has the physical strength to back up his mouth.

Grigorenko will need a year in the AHL to shore up his defensive game; he needs that pro experience.

I like that the club is clearly encouraging the fiestiness; it illustrates the internal "culture change".

I like S-T Pain, as well. Looks like he has some natural leadership ability.

The list is actually pretty impressive given they have something like 7-8 first round picks in camp.

Other names like Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, McCabe, Compher, etc, are very intriguing and impressive.

How can we have a "better hit percentage on our 1st rounders over the last few years," if we don't even know the hit percentage of them yet, so far? There is PLENTY of time for Grigorenko and Armia to develop into top-line studs. Girgensons, Pysyk, Ristolainen and Zadorov have already showed they have enough promise to hold out hope...and Reinhart is Reinhart. (Don't forget these are growing/developing KIDS!)

I don't understand how you could think like that or make that comment...it is super-duper far too early for that, in my opinion.

EDIT: Honestly, from 2008-2015...I think our "hit percentage on 1st rounders" will be damn impressive within time.

I know you had to cut it off at some point, but did you leave out Dennis Persson & Marak Zagrapan on purpose? These would have been players hitting their prime right about now. Then: Ennis is no one to be excited about - 3rd liner, Myers may be turning the corner after 6 full years. Zack Kassian = garbage pick. Armia...I'm certainly not going to hold my breath. The rest, I agree, too early to tell, but none are likely to be elite talents, which is what the 1st round is all about. It's really hard to get that excited about our prospects when we're talking about 2nd and 3rd line ceilings. I do love our blue liners though...and Sam, of course.

Edited by kas23

Blue might have got schooled on the scoreboard, but Fasching, Samuels-Thomas and particularly Carrier look like they know how to work the boards in a way we haven't seen in a while, and Ristolainen has definitely got game.

Edited by dudacek

Period 3 Notes:

Baptiste nice speed. Tricky wrister he has.

Risto stands out. Especially in the O zone.

Grigo is impressive on the puck, he just lacks,....hmmmm not sure yet.

Zadoroff comes as advertised.

I'm happiest with Carrier.

I'd be happy to see what Samuel-T does in Rochester.

The game might be too fast for Florentino.

Reinhart does a nice job seeing the extra seconds. Love how he patiently flips the puck to the negative space for teammates.

Nice hockey fix for mid-July.

Period 3 Notes:

Baptiste nice speed. Tricky wrister he has.

Risto stands out. Especially in the O zone.

Grigo is impressive on the puck, he just lacks,....hmmmm not sure yet.

Zadoroff comes as advertised.

I'm happiest with Carrier.

I'd be happy to see what Samuel-T does in Rochester.

The game might be too fast for Florentino.

Reinhart does a nice job seeing the extra seconds. Love how he patiently flips the puck to the negative space for teammates.

Nice hockey fix for mid-July.

The Amerks are going to be fun to watch this year and in the coming years as Murray stockpiles guys like Carrier, Sam-Tom, Deslauriers, Fasching, etc.

Girg, Risto and Pysyk looking ahead of the pack there, and rightfully so.

Sam-T looked great along the boards and even had a few good moves to the net. He's 24 though and 4-6 years older than most of the other attendees though. Can't wait to see more of him in Rochester and see how he measures up to a sheet full of professionals.

Baptiste is intriguing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.