Trade with the Jets:LW Jordan Samuels-Thomas Acquired

Brawndo

You know this is a trade for his rights? right?

The condition hasn't been revealed yet, but it's probably a condition on him signing or not. If that's the case then it's technically not a trade for his rights because while we may have his rights right now then we haven't given anything up.

Maybe it's a conditional 7th that becomes a 6th if he signs.

Edited by Tankalicious

.67 PPG in the ECAC is not inspiring. This guy maxes out as a fourth liner in the NHL and is more likely destined for the same role in the AHL. So good use of a contingent 7th round pick, but it's tough to get too excited over this prospect.

Taking a chance on a grinder for the AHL. There is nothing to see here (unless you have freakishly large calf muscles).

I sat about 12th row for the second period of the blue v. white scrimmage. I don't profess to know much about hockey. Samuels-Thomas was playing the right wing, just in front of where I was sitting, and he stood out to me. He is big, strong, and fast, I'll say. He used his body well and created some chances along the boards and near the net. He looks like a very good skater, who's not afraid to bang the body, because he wins those matchups. He showed very good effort. He had the man against boys things going on, in the short time that I watched the game. A 20 minute period is not much of a sample size, but I came away from the scrimmage convinced that he had very strong potential as a 3-4 liner. He can make things happen with his size and speed, so I thought, he will probably be an NHL player, regardless of whatever offensive potential he might have. He created chances, and will probably win a spot because of his speed, size, and knack at shielding the puck and banging people off the puck with his body.

I sat about 12th row for the second period of the blue v. white scrimmage. I don't profess to know much about hockey. Samuels-Thomas was playing the right wing, just in front of where I was sitting, and he stood out to me. He is big, strong, and fast, I'll say. He used his body well and created some chances along the boards and near the net. He looks like a very good skater, who's not afraid to bang the body, because he wins those matchups. He showed very good effort. He had the man against boys things going on, in the short time that I watched the game. A 20 minute period is not much of a sample size, but I came away from the scrimmage convinced that he had very strong potential as a 3-4 liner. He can make things happen with his size and speed, so I thought, he will probably be an NHL player, regardless of whatever offensive potential he might have. He created chances, and will probably win a spot because of his speed, size, and knack at shielding the puck and banging people off the puck with his body.

So your saying he's a Cody Mac replacement but we just signed him? Now I'm confused about this new guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.