Prediction Time: What kind of July 1 will it be for the Sabres?

nfreeman

It's go time.  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Sabres make any big, splashy moves tomorrow (i.e. any top-line forwards or 1st-pairing defensemen or $30MM+ contracts)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will they make any "medium-sized" moves tomorrow (i.e. 2nd-pair defenseman or 3rd-line forward or $15MM+ contract)?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Which of the following UFAs will sign with the Sabres this summer (i.e. not necessarily tomorrow)? Choose as many as you like.

• Gionta
    • Hemsky
    • Ray Whitney
    • David Legwand
    • Milan Michalek
    • Moulson
    • Ott
    • Setoguchi
    • Brian Boyle
    • Shawn Thornton
    • Joni Pitkanen
    • Volchenkov
    • Meszaros
    • Orpik
    • Willie Mitchell
    • Anton Stralman
    • Mark Fayne
    • Nick Schultz
    • Komisarek
    • Other forward (please specify)
    • Other defenseman (please specify)

i think this idea has some solid potential. couple higher tier free agents get to play first line minutes and lead some young players for 2/3 rds of a season and then get to pick what team they go to for a playoff run? I can see some vets and their agents liking this idea

Maybe. But absolutely not Iginla. He's not the kind to ###### himself out for the dollar. He's looking for a contender.

All hail DeLuca!

You see much that is hidden, sir.

He's wrong but right simultaneously; none of the signings in of themselves were surprising but the quantity and speed he got them done in certainly was a holy &&&& experience

The title of my autobiography.

For the first time, in a long long time, today has me feeling that the Sabres are genuinely back in the game. Not that they're an instant Cup contenders or even a playoff team next season. I feel today was the first step in Buffalo becoming a destination. That in 2-3 off-seasons when the Stastny's of the NHL become UFAs Buffalo will be a consideration or when players hand in their lists of teams they don't want to be traded to that Buffalo won't be on those lists. It's almost as if today is a cleansing of past sins.

The title of my autobiography.

For the first time, in a long long time, today has me feeling that the Sabres are genuinely back in the game. Not that they're an instant Cup contenders or even a playoff team next season. I feel today was the first step in Buffalo becoming a destination. That in 2-3 off-seasons when the Stastny's of the NHL become UFAs Buffalo will be a consideration or when players hand in their lists of teams they don't want to be traded to that Buffalo won't be on those lists. It's almost as if today is a cleansing of past sins.

The sun came out man. I think I saw it. Could it be true?

Murray has threatened the tank. Tank folk may have to rely on Islanders for a low first rounder...

I'm already resigned to this fate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.