Trade Ideas: Summer 2014

Eleven

What are people smoking? All that for Skinner! Wow thank god u ain't running the hockey department. Skinner is a smallish forward and yes he can score but he been banged up the last couple of seasons and I don't think your trading Myers, Hodgson , + for him. Way over payment for that player. Trading Myers now would be foolish unless your getting a top flight prospect or straight up for a player that's around his age. I think you see what Myers brings this year under a full season coaching by Nolan.

22 year old CONSISTANT goal scorer vs the mental head case of a 6`7 hopeful chara getting by solely on his size and Calder year....yeah, tough call.

Now THATS an overpayment. Soft winger like Skinner isn't going to get that much. Myers for Skinner straight up almost gets it done.

I would do that trade in a heart beat. Okay, so the initial purposal was an overpayment, but XB is right: he's a natural goal scorer. Really LGR4GM? Wouldn't do Ennis/Cody for Skinner straight up? I get he's had the benefit of playing with Staal, but I'd be willing to bet he could put up similar production with a slightly lesser center/ Samson. Also, since when are we praising Hodgson's defensive play as a reason to keep him over another player?? Every gameday thread last season a had at least one page full of people hating on how terrible he was defensively. (sorry for the format, terrible with mobile ) Edited by WildCard

22 year old CONSISTANT goal scorer vs the mental head case of a 6`7 hopeful chara...

Tyler Myers will never be Chara. He's smaller, a better skater, way less dirty and just a different type of Dman. I wish he way 6'5" rather than 6'8".

Chara wouldn't even be a thought. We may have had to deal with non stop Pronger comparisons but at least their games are somewhat similar. Right now Myers is more Brian Cambpell than Zdeno Chara.

Tyler Myers will never be Chara. He's smaller, a better skater, way less dirty and just a different type of Dman. I wish he way 6'5" rather than 6'8".

Chara wouldn't even be a thought. We may have had to deal with non stop Pronger comparisons but at least their games are somewhat similar. Right now Myers is more Brian Cambpell than Zdeno Chara.

Yup.

According to his SH% he should have roughly 28goals in a season if he shoots 230 shots. So I would guess Johansen is likely to do 25-30goals next season with 30-35a if he stays healthy and he wasn't just a flash in pan... aka stafford.

My point was, given his career to this point, I'd be really surprised if his true career SH% ended up being 14%. He's a good player who had a great year with some fortunate luck, and I don't expect that luck to continue to be so fortunate next year. Maybe it will, or maybe he keeps growing and improves his number of opportunities to compensate for a lesser percentage, but my money is still on the under.

If myers is going anywhere, its to Detroit, They need a franchise defenseman badly, and we are dangling him out there.

Well, if TM is to be believed, the Sabres are not dangling him out there. TM included Myers in the group of good young players he wants to build around and said something to the effect of he'll listen to offers for anyone, including players in that group, but he's not calling anyone to try to move players in that group and any offer needs to be very compelling in order to be taken seriously.

I think Bouwmeester might be a better comparable for Myers than Soupy, although I think Myers will be better than Bouwmeester.

How about a three team trade?

Buffalo gets:

Philly #1 pick in 2015

Pays 1/2 of Vinny Lacavier salary

Nashville gets:

Vinny lacavier at half salary from Philly

Philly gets:

2015 2 rd pick from Nashville

2015 2 rd pick from Buffalo (NY Islanders)

How about a three team trade?

Buffalo gets:

Philly #1 pick in 2015

Pays 1/2 of Vinny Lacavier salary

Nashville gets:

Vinny lacavier at half salary from Philly

Philly gets:

2015 2 rd pick from Nashville

2015 2 rd pick from Buffalo (NY Islanders)

Didn't Lecavier reject a trade to Nashville already?

I meant it more in that the Isles gave up on Chara early and everyone's afraid we'll do the same with Myers. Sorry, should'vebeen more specific

I meant it more in that the Isles gave up on Chara early and everyone's afraid we'll do the same with Myers. Sorry, should'vebeen more specific

Chara had 231 games with the Isles before he went to Ottawa. Tyler Myers has 318 currently with Buffalo. If he doesn't show stability and improvement this season I am definitely done with him.

Washing your hands clean, eh? :lol:

Sick of always hearing about how this guy has potential to break out, potential to be an all star, potential to be better, potential potential potential. It is like Tim Connolly had the potential to be a #1 center.

Skinner is a much better player than Hodgson.

This is the poor man's version of Roy for Malkin.

It's not that far apart. At all.

Didn't Lecavier reject a trade to Nashville already?

No. Philly wouldn't agree to Nashville's terms.

It's not that far apart. At all.

The 2 proposed trades aren't that different from each other, or Hodgson isn't far apart from Skinner?

If the latter, do you think Carolina would trade Skinner for Hodgson? How about Hodgson and STL's #1?

I don't think Carolina would do either of those trades -- but I would in a heartbeat, and I would include Foligno if needed.

The 2 proposed trades aren't that different from each other, or Hodgson isn't far apart from Skinner?

If the latter, do you think Carolina would trade Skinner for Hodgson? How about Hodgson and STL's #1?

I don't think Carolina would do either of those trades -- but I would in a heartbeat, and I would include Foligno if needed.

I don't think Carolina would do Hodgson for Skinner, but it's not "poor man's Roy for Malkin."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.