Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Okay I am not finally caught up with everything.

Tim Murray's draft should be interesting. I am not sure who they will target at 21 but it sounds like he wants to move up. I know this was already covered but I would be curious to see if he can move up and where he would move up to.  With 21 and 31 you could move up what? 8 slots or so?  Seems roughly about right.  Wondering if he likes Werenski or Meier in that 10-14 range.

Okay I am not finally caught up with everything.

Tim Murray's draft should be interesting. I am not sure who they will target at 21 but it sounds like he wants to move up. I know this was already covered but I would be curious to see if he can move up and where he would move up to.  With 21 and 31 you could move up what? 8 slots or so?  Seems roughly about right.  Wondering if he likes Werenski or Meier in that 10-14 range.

It's probably not too realistic, but I'd love for them to try and move up to get Marner. He would fill a position of need and could possibly be NHL ready. I would think it would take at least 21st and 2016 1st. Having watched Marner play quiet a few times, I would rather have a guaranteed him over a shot at Matthews and the top three next year. 

Looking at Bobby Mac's list, we will have to move up to get the target I thought would be around at 21, Zboril. I also had some hopes that Konecny or White would slip to 21, but it doesn't look like that will happen either.

Besides Zboril, other guys that would be great fits  for our system 8-10 picks up are Werenski and Meier. I would trade 21 and 31 for Werenski in a heartbeat, but I really can't see that happening.

Best possible trade partners look like LA at 13 and Boston at 14 in some sort of deal where we relieve some of their cap issues.

http://thehockeywriters.com/buffalo-sabres-draft-targets/

Lists: Sprong, Samsonov, Trenin (never heard of), and Gabriel Carlsson.   I'm very high on Sprong though he's 5'10"-5'11" and I am completely on board with Samsonov as a selection.  

I think the line that John Cooper used on Drouin the other day may fit Sprong perfectly - has to realize that there are two nets on the ice.

Looking at Bobby Mac's list, we will have to move up to get the target I thought would be around at 21, Zboril. I also had some hopes that Konecny or White would slip to 21, but it doesn't look like that will happen either.

Besides Zboril, other guys that would be great fits  for our system 8-10 picks up are Werenski and Meier. I would trade 21 and 31 for Werenski in a heartbeat, but I really can't see that happening.

Best possible trade partners look like LA at 13 and Boston at 14 in some sort of deal where we relieve some of their cap issues.

I've seen some retarded mocks where Konecny being as high as 7-10.  I like the player, but not at that cost.  White could be there at 21.  Unless someone really believes in the kid. 

I think the line that John Cooper used on Drouin the other day may fit Sprong perfectly - has to realize that there are two nets on the ice.

That is too true. 

and look he is in the #21 slot?

Great point on LA and Boston!

Bob McKenzie is doing a Q&A on Twitter. Mostly draft draft... Some notes:

-99.9% is McDavid then Eichel

-Crouse will go 5-10 in his opinion

-EDM should consider Samsonov at 19

-Thinks Marner or Strome will be two then Toronto will chose either the leftover or Hanifin

-Thinks Chicago wants to get back into the first round and that they will trade Patrick Sharp and could get a first for him

-Kylington's stock has fallen the most. May fall out of the first

-Thinks O'Reilly will be traded for defense but that's purely his opinion and not based on anything he has heard

-Believes Toronto wants Marner and that they would take Hanifin over Strome

Edited by Hoss

Bob McKenzie is doing a Q&A on Twitter. Mostly draft draft... Some notes:

-99.9% is McDavid then Eichel

-Crouse will go 5-10 in his opinion

-EDM should consider Samsonov at 19

-Thinks Marner or Strome will be two three then Toronto will chose either the leftover or Hanifin

-Thinks Chicago wants to get back into the first round and that they will trade Patrick Sharp and could get a first for him

-Kylington's stock has fallen the most. May fall out of the first

-Thinks O'Reilly will be traded for defense but that's purely his opinion and not based on anything he has heard

-Believes Toronto wants Marner and that they would take Hanifin over Strome

Now that Bob has posted his list I've averaged out the lists of 6 top draft sources:

1) Connor McDavid - avg ranking 1

2) Jack Eichel - 2

3) Mitch Marner - 4.16

4) Noah Hanifin - 4.67

5) Dylan Strome - 5
6) Ivan Provorov - 7.33

7) Zack Werenski 8.82

8) Mathew Barzal 9.83

9) Lawson Crouse 10

10) Mikko Rantanen 10.5

11) Kyle Conner 10.83

12) Pavel Zacha 12.67

13) Timo Meier 13.5

14) Yevgeni Svechnikov 16.33

15) Travis Konecny 18.33

16) Brock Boeser 19.67

17( Joel Eriksson Ek 20.17

18) Colin White 21.17

19) Jakub Zboril 22.5

20) Jeremy Roy 22.67

21)  Thomas Chabot 25.17

22) Jake DeBruck 25.83

23) Ilya Samsonov 27.17

24) Denis Guryanov 27.17

25) Paul Bittner 27.67

26) Daniel Sprong 28.33

27) Jansen Harkins 28.83

28) Jacob Larsson 29.5

29) Noah Juulsen 32

30) Jack Roslovic 33

31) Anthony Beauvillier 34.17

51) Gilliam Brisebois 

I'm goin'.

edit: I'm actually getting excited about this. I've been to the draft before (LA '10), but this draft is going to be an excellent send off for this god awful shitfest of a (pair of) season(s).

So of course you're bringing your NHL 15 sign with Murray, Reinhart and Eichel driving the tank, right?

I was able to get two tickets. It should be fun.

I hope I can go. I've got tickets too, not sure if I can make it. I might have jumped at the buffet/drink tickets for $90 a piece. All you can eat lamb, shrimp, wings, roast beef, dessert, beer, wine................. If you get there at 2PM when Fan Fest starts it could be a long day. By the time you get regular concession food or went out to dinner afterwards, those tickets come close to paying for themselves.

Ha.  I can, if that's what the populous demands.

Yes, go to Kinkos or whatever and make it into a legit poster and get Murray to sign it.  

If you actually get Murray to sign it, let me know.  

Edited by LGR4GM

http://www.tsn.ca/draft-mystery-and-intrigue-starts-after-eichel-1.300623

"It would not be an overstatement to suggest that many of the prospects ranked from 31 to 45 are, more or less, interchangeable with those ranked 21 through 30. In fact, every prospect in the top 45 of TSN's list, and a few beyond that, got at least one vote as a top 30 prospect."

Talk about a deep draft.

If we use 21 and 31, we will be getting top-20 players in any other draft...if we trade them, the value should be higher than normal.

http://www.tsn.ca/draft-mystery-and-intrigue-starts-after-eichel-1.300623

"It would not be an overstatement to suggest that many of the prospects ranked from 31 to 45 are, more or less, interchangeable with those ranked 21 through 30. In fact, every prospect in the top 45 of TSN's list, and a few beyond that, got at least one vote as a top 30 prospect."

Talk about a deep draft.

If we use 21 and 31, we will be getting top-20 players in any other draft...if we trade them, the value should be higher than normal.

I took that to be more of a comment on how close the prospects were, not how good they were. 

Our picks at 21 and 31 could as easily be like 35 and 40  in another draft.