Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

. But Marner seems like he is tearing it up so maybe their is a third player. I just don't know about the kids size. Murray seems like he wants players over 6'0". Those players seem like the can handle the grind of a long playoff run better.

I know, Patrick Kane hasn't been able to do a thing come play-off time. :wallbash:

Both players were picked in the second round. This team has too much at stake to ###### up picks. I know u can't hit on all but this team should be studying and scouting players in their sleep.

They are the Sabres 18th and 27th rated prospect. If you want to complain about Sabres prospects not planning out, start with Grigorenko and Armia.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/?m=1

Edited by inkman

I know, Patrick Kane hasn't been able to do a thing come play-off time. :wallbash:

Last night was the first time in awhile that someone laid a hard hit on Kane. I'm just guessing Murray likes his players with size.

They are the Sabres 18th and 27th rated prospect. If you want to complain about Sabres prospects not planning out, start with Grigorenko and Armia.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/?m=1

I know it's early but I don't expect much from Grigs at all. His skating needs work. I just don't see much out of Grigs. Sorry I like guys who can skate and look to improve everyday. Their was a reason why a lot of teams passed on him at the draft. Armia has excellent hands but hoping he has the drive to improve his game.

@sabresprospects: OHL draft stuff: McDavid 2+1, OT winner...Crouse 2+0, -2 in KGN road win...Marner ENG + 2A in LDN win...Strome 0+3...Zacha DNP (inj.)

I think crouse is one of the most interesting players in the draft. I could see him going anywhere from 3 to 20 at this point. I just keep thinking he is the exact Tim Murray type of player. If we pick three I don't want him to be the pick but from all the interviews I've heard from Tm this is the exact type of guy he would love. Size, uses it, leader and can put up points. This will never be a guy that puts up 30 goals but if you are playing in the conference finals a guy you are so glad is on your side.

Edited by Derrico

I think Crouse is a top ten lock. He's starting to make me a believer as a top ten pick. Still wouldn't touch him before the top four forwards (McEichel, Marner, Strome) or Hanifin.

Ya I would agree with that. As of this point I would put him in at the sixth overall slot.

It's too bad the isles are playing this well. I thought they would have finished around 6 to 10 and he would be an unbelievable second first round pick IMO.

There's still some guys I like more or around him. Kylington and Werenski on D. He's right there with Zacha/Barzal.

Jansen Harkins is a guy we haven't mentioned much around here. Good all-around games over a PPG this year with Prince George which isn't really what he's known for. A Ryan Callahan type but now showing some offensive upside as a playmaker.

There's still some guys I like more or around him. Kylington and Werenski on D. He's right there with Zacha/Barzal.

Jansen Harkins is a guy we haven't mentioned much around here. Good all-around games over a PPG this year with Prince George which isn't really what he's known for. A Ryan Callahan type but now showing some offensive upside as a playmaker.

I'm a little biased as the sabres require more forwards so I admit to not watching much of the two dmen. Brazal has had some injuries so it's tough at this point to grade or project him out. I would most certainly take crouse over zacha.

It's been reported widely that Murray was the one to pick Getzlaf and Perry in Anaheim.

It should be no secret to anyone that Murray has made excellent moves, including last year's draft picks...the question, and most important part is, can Buffalo develop these players like Anaheim was able to? That is what will determine if the moves were the "right" moves.

(And from what the Sabres' prospects have been showing this year (and last), there is no doubt in my mind that they can do so.)

http://sports.yahoo....55402--nhl.html

"Murray has a solid track record as a talent evaluator, and has had input in numerous personnel decisions during his previous stops in Detroit, Florida, Anaheim and the New York Rangers. In Anaheim, he had a hand in the Ducks selecting future star forwards Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry in the first round of the 2003 draft."

Maybe it's just me, but I think he's done a hell of a job...and I'm honestly not sure I'd want anyone else in his position right now. (And I don't mean any GM alive, but out of the guys they interviewed, the guys we speculated about, Murray is the guy who I would still want, no doubt.)

The 2003 draft was one of the deepest draft's in the modern era. Good for Murray for helping find those guys. As far as I know he hasn't done that for Buffalo yet. We can not say last years draft was "excellent" until those players are seen at the NHL and how many make it there. We are probably another 2-4years from evaluating Murray's first draft with any real clarity.

As for the development part, that is also on Murray because he gets to hire the people who do that. Murray can be quite great, I personally like him, but we don't have a lot of draft proof as Sabres that he is. As Obi Wan once said, "We must be cautious."

I'm a little biased as the sabres require more forwards so I admit to not watching much of the two dmen. Brazal has had some injuries so it's tough at this point to grade or project him out. I would most certainly take crouse over zacha.

IF we trade Myers he will be drafting a dman with one of the later firsts.

I'll make this wild prediction right now that Kylington drops into the 20's and maybe even out of the first round.

I agree with you Derrico - I was really hoping for two top 10 picks before the season started. Now we have to hope either the Blues and Isles drop down into the Wild Card slots and go out in the first round. Then we have 2 picks between 15 and 22 plus the #2 overall.

You are then looking at a draft that nets you Eichel (20% McDavid) and guys like Svechnikov, Meier, Greenway, Harkin and Bittner.

Another guy who hasn't got a lot of love yet is Dergachev - he played with Russia on their WJC team this year - I think we will see moving up the draft ranks as we get closer to the draft.

Or maybe if Zacha drops out of the top 8 - you have the ammo to move up to grab him.

IF we trade Myers he will be drafting a dman with one of the later firsts.

i would think its a really good possibility but the main guys Hanifin, Werenski and Provorov will be gone. Leaves Carlo, Meloche, Roy and Kylington as potential draft picks

Edited by Crusader1969

i would think its a really good possibility but the main guys Hanifin, Werenski and Provorov will be gone. Leaves Carlo, Meloche, Roy and Kylington as potential draft picks

What about Jakub Zboril, he is another defender that I personally find interesting and should be around late in the first.

Both players were picked in the second round. This team has too much at stake to ###### up picks. I know u can't hit on all but this team should be studying and scouting players in their sleep.

Not sure you can really gauge a player's talent when he's asleep. Then again, Murray is crafty.

GO SABRES!!!

Not sure you can really gauge a player's talent when he's asleep. Then again, Murray is crafty.

GO SABRES!!!

You may have actually found a new scouting tool.

With Pegula's money, why not bring in top prospects for a sleep and psych study? Monitor their breathing, ability to get REM, show them pictures of the Stanley Cup one night, then money, cars, and girls the next night...and see where more brain activity takes place.......

It could be that Connor McDavid has a giant uvula and adenoids, and doesn't twitch for the Cup, but soaks the sheets with morning wood for the Benjamins.......

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/#/

It's this thing again!

Perspective on why we have to think of Eichel in a Sabres uni if we finish in last.

Have a hard time believing this is weighted properly. Ran it ten times: Leafs twice (3.5% chance), Dallas twice (3% chance), Columbus twice (7.5% chance), Edmonton once (13.5% chance), Carolina once (11.5% chance) and Ottawa once (6% chance).

Next ten: Buffalo, Arizona, LA, Buffalo, Ottawa, Edmonton, Buffalo, Carolina, LA, Carolina. Better, but LA twice? PFFFFFFT I would shoot things with my fists.

Edited by Tank

If somehow Halak, Okposo, and Tavares simultaneously goes down, and the Islanders go wayyyy down.

and Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Elliot, T.J Oshie, and Alex Steen mysteriously come down with the mumps and are out indefinitely

and the Sabres picks in the 2015 draft is 1,2, and 3...

Darcy effing Regier would be a f***ing legend, a fable, a myth, a house-hold name, an iconic enigmatic spark of masculinity and prowess,; a living manifestation of the city of light incarnate

the Sabres woud build a renaissance-esque marble statue of Darcy effing Regier outside of the FNC

With busts of McDavid, Eichel, and Hanifin glowing in the street lights under the First Niagara center for generations to come

The 2016 version where the top three picks are lottery is going to be dope.

Even with the tank unofficially over after this season we should still stand a decent chance to draft high in 2016. I believe they weight your finishes of the 3 most recent seasons which would put us with the worst record from 2013-2014, a bottom feeder record this year, and however we'd finish up next year which even with a top 2 pick in this draft should be a bottom 10 finish next year.