2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

And Bump.

So Die by the Blade is doing their top 25 under 25 list and are currently on #19 Hudson Fasching. It is some interesting reading if you are bored this summer. http://www.diebytheb...hudson-fasching

Also we have 8 players in ESPN's top 100 prospects list. One thing to note is that Linus Ullmark and Nick Baptiste are not on the ESPN list and that's a joke but I do give them props for Possler. http://www.diebytheb...ts-espn-top-100

#5 - Sam Reinhart

#17 - Mikhail Grigorenko

#21 - Nikita Zadorov

#44 - Hudson Fasching

#51 - J.T. Compher

#60 - Joel Armia

#69 - Gustav Possler

#72 - Jake McCabe

list is only skaters, so no ullmark.

also, the wild posted the entire list on their website for those without insider:

http://wild.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/Minnesota%20Wild%20Daily%20Clips%208-13-14.pdf

Ekblad, Bennett, Nylander are all ranked over Samson... seems a little harsh.

Ekblad I'm not really too surprised...but the other two surprise me. Then again, it is an offseason prospects ranking. These guys doing the rankings have got to be bored. I picture them in a board room and one guy going "hey, let's switch this one up for funnsies...We'll completely rearrange the top 4."

Who reads Bleacher Report slide shows?

lol.. yeah I hate bleacher reports format...

Ekblad, Bennett, Nylander are all ranked over Samson... seems a little harsh.

I don't see how that is even possible given the recent performances by Reinhart.. Reinhart was pretty dominant

On a really slow news day Justin Bailey scores 4 goals in team whites 8-7 shootout win at Kitchener Rangers Camp. Did i mention REALLY slow news day.

Bailey is still a very interesting prospect. He got hurt last year and played for an awful team but still dropped 43pts in 54 games.

Article on Victor Olofsson who is about to start season with MODO in the SHL:

(Translated to English)

He looks up to big brother Jesper, likes Manchester City and is compared with NHL star Steven Stamkos.

Meet Victor Olofsson talented forward, who is predicted to have an exciting future.

- The competition will be tough, but it's great fun to get a chance to play in the first team squad. It's just trying to do my best, play my game and hope it will go a long way.

Life in hockey is quite natural for him, not just because he was born in Örnsköldsvik. But perhaps because his dad Tony had an elite career in Modo and brother Jesper plays in Karlskoga.

He ranks his shot and speed as his main characteristics.

Especially a piece he has been working extra to improve: physics.

- I've put a lot of time to get stronger, now weighs around 80 kilograms (176lbs) and is 179 centimeters (5'9)tall. So I've put on a bit more pounds, which is also needed.

In Superelit in the last season was 19-year-old with a strong 53 points in 44 games, distributed on 32 goals and 21 passing.

Victor is considered a smart player, who enjoys playing on the powerplay,

Thoughts ahead of senior hockey?

- Increasingly so much more controlled compared to junior hockey, since most players are big and strong. The pace is naturally a bit higher.

Victor Olofsson hope for an exciting season with Modo.

- I have a good feeling, it looks good. We will play with a lot of pace. Everything in our game is based on speed and we have a young team.

He was drafted last summer by the Buffalo Sabres and compared with star Steve Stamkos when Victor visited the NHL club

Top 60 Prospects by NHL.com - Z in the #11 slot and Rienhart #4

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729655

Composite List - Zadorovl Rienhart, Fashing, McCabe, Ullmark and Compher all received votes

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729655

Fashing Article:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729393

Edited by Crusader1969

We have a glut of three and four star prospects in the system already and five more of them will be added in June.

The Sabres must have a general plan about adding three or four rookies to the team each year.

I wonder what the vision is? I would imagine it is something like this, without factoring in the possibility of a McEichel

2014: Pysyk, Risto, Larsson? Reinhart?

2015: Girgorenko, McCabe, Armia, Zadorov?

2016: Compher, Carrier? Ullmark? Fasching? Baptiste?

Things are going to get crowded and deals will need to be made.

Edited by dudacek

Oh that list would look so much better with McDavid or Eichel on it!

We have a glut of three and four star prospects in the system already and five more of them will be added in June.

The Sabres must have a general plan about adding three or four rookies to the team each year.

I wonder what the vision is? I would imagine it is something like this, without factoring in the possibility of a McEichel

2014: Pysyk, Risto, Larsson? Reinhart?

2015: Girgorenko, McCabe, Armia, Zadorov?

2016: Compher, Carrier? Ullmark? Fasching? Baptiste?

Things are going to get crowded and deals will need to be made.

Oh that list would look so much better with McDavid or Eichel on it!

Gustav Possler is back from his knee injury and playing for Modo once again. In his 3rd game back he had 1g 1a for his first points of the season. Listed at 6' 183lbs he was Modo's leading scorer, as a rookie, before being injured last year. He had 15pts in 22games last season. He won't see NA until 2016 I believe but he is a guy to watch.

Gustav Possler is back from his knee injury and playing for Modo once again. In his 3rd game back he had 1g 1a for his first points of the season. Listed at 6' 183lbs he was Modo's leading scorer, as a rookie, before being injured last year. He had 15pts in 22games last season. He won't see NA until 2016 I believe but he is a guy to watch.

On that note olofsson (our 7th rounder and teammate of possler) has 2 points through 3 games after having 0 in 11 games last year. I wonder if MODO will be our gold mine

Article on Victor Olofsson who is about to start season with MODO in the SHL:

(Translated to English)

He looks up to big brother Jesper, likes Manchester City and is compared with NHL star Steven Stamkos.

He was drafted last summer by the Buffalo Sabres and compared with star Steve Stamkos when Victor visited the NHL club.

That has to be a joke right?

On a side note...I see Luke Adam is already being written off? I really hope he shines with better players around him, a line of Adam-Grigorenko-Armia would be fun in Rochester this year.

That has to be a joke right?

On a side note...I see Luke Adam is already being written off? I really hope he shines with better players around him, a line of Adam-Grigorenko-Armia would be fun in Rochester this year.

Maybe they're saying he's that league's version of Stamkos.

On Adam: he's earned being written off. If he still had legit potentional we probably wouldn't be able to keep him on bad one-year deals.

Maybe they're saying he's that league's version of Stamkos.

On Adam: he's earned being written off. If he still had legit potentional we probably wouldn't be able to keep him on bad one-year deals.

It says he was compared to Stamkos when he visited Buffalo.

And Luke Adam has been one of the Amerks best and consistent players recently...yet somebody like Justin Kea is rated higher than him? Makes no sense. Phil Varone has been mentioned as possibly making the Sabres, yet his point production last year was no better than Luke Adam's...so if one is written off, the other should be too.

Also, Tim Schaller is rated ahead of both Varone and Adam? That's confusing, given they have plenty of 4th liners and need more offensive production.

But, why is the "Swedish Stamkos" rated #37? Lol. (That one is a joke! :-p But, I really do like Olofsson and Karabacek.)

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Numark did a great job compiling the list, as usual...I just don't understand/agree with some of the ratings, especially those.

PS. What happened to Brad Navin and Judd Peterson? Also, who is Vasily Bizyayev, Vjateslav Buravchikov, Denis Denisov, Denis Ezhov, Artem Kriukov, Maxim Sheviev and Pavel Voroshnin? (They were mentioned on the "scratches" last night, as was Corey Fienhage, but I know he was let go a while back.)

I can typically name every player and prospect in the organization, but those names? Denisov and Kriukov ring a bell, but I have no clue from where?

Edited by Bob Malooga

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.