World Cup 2014

Sabres Fan in NS

Nice dive.. I hate this sport

I'm very mixed on this. I initially thought it was an obvious penalty, and then I saw a replay angle that made me doubt it. I want to see it some more.

The worst part of the sport is a penalty in the box is basically an automatic goal. Huge incentive to dive.

Except when it isn't. Huge incentive for Suarez to cheat and get Uruguay into the semis (2010).

Edited by Eleven

The first time the ref saw Robben dive in the box, he should've given him a yellow card. And 11, if you think that's a penalty kick I'm deducting internet points from you.

I really do want to see it again.

I'm reading a lot about how Marquez stepped on Robben's foot. I still want to see the replay.

Here it is. Robben may have embellished, but that's a foul all day and every day. Gotta be careful when you're that close to a guy like Robben in the box.

http://gfycat.com/Kn...nestIriomotecat

I don't even have a problem with the embellishment; Robben was prevented from completing the play even if he didn't have to fall so dramatically, and he had every right to get the referee's attention. We see the same stuff in the NHL all the time.

Edited by Eleven

I'm reading a lot about how Marquez stepped on Robben's foot. I still want to see the replay.

Here it is. Robben may have embellished, but that's a foul all day and every day. Gotta be careful when you're that close to a guy like Robben in the box.

http://gfycat.com/Kn...nestIriomotecat

I don't even have a problem with the embellishment; Robben was prevented from completing the play even if he didn't have to fall so dramatically, and he had every right to get the referee's attention. We see the same stuff in the NHL all the time.

If he didn't get stepped on, he's still not getting to that ball. His last heavy touch made it an easy clearance for Mexico. You can't call a game because of incidental contact in the box like that.

I also don't think he got stepped on very hard.. If he plants his right foot instead of flailing it out he stays up.

What a ###### disgrace. Robben dives in the box all game and the ref rewards his last effort with the game. Terrible.

Dive and embellishment yes, but also idiotic for the defender to stick out his leg like that. Penalty always.

Mexican coach ruined their game after 0 - 1 , we went to 5 defenders leaving his midfield overwhelmed and with one striker :doh:

Edited by Heimdall